45 has backed himself into a corner

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

45 has backed himself into a corner

Postby planosteve » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 pm

President Trump is finding himself increasingly isolated less than a week ahead of a potential government shutdown, as even members of his own party admit that he has backed himself into a corner with his demands for $5 billion in funding for a wall on the Mexican border.
"Everybody is looking to him for a signal about what he wants to do, and so far it's not clear," Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said of the president.

Few Republicans will criticize Trump on the record, but behind the scenes there is frustration that he has weakened the GOP's negotiating position with Democrats. There is also a sense that Trump might not be worried about the fallout for his party if his own supporters delight in his fighting with Democrats.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Re: 45 has backed himself into a corner

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 pm

planosteve wrote:
Few Republicans will criticize Trump on the record, but behind the scenes there is frustration that he has weakened the GOP's negotiating position with Democrats.

The spineless Republicans are just pissed because Trump will not allow them to surrender to the Democrats, which is what they always do.

Trump needs to demand the entire price of the wall ($25 billion) and leave the government shut down until it is appropriated.

Democrats know that this issue is a big loser for them, and the American people are behind the president. Most Republicans in Washington don't give a damn one way or the other. They just want the issue to go away so they don't have to take a stand.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Only 24% of American strongly support expanding the wall on the Mexican border. 34% strongly oppose it. Doesn't seem like shutting down the govt. over something only 24% of the people strongly support is a rational thing to do.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:54 pm

planosteve wrote:President Trump is finding himself increasingly isolated less than a week ahead of a potential government shutdown, as even members of his own party admit that he has backed himself into a corner with his demands for $5 billion in funding for a wall on the Mexican border.
"Everybody is looking to him for a signal about what he wants to do, and so far it's not clear," Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said of the president.

Few Republicans will criticize Trump on the record, but behind the scenes there is frustration that he has weakened the GOP's negotiating position with Democrats. There is also a sense that Trump might not be worried about the fallout for his party if his own supporters delight in his fighting with Democrats.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

Silliness..the same silliness the fake news has been pushing since 11/9/16.

Republicans, especially those in the Senate, never had any intention of funding the wall.

As usual, Trump is alone..he has his supporters..everyone else is against him.

I like those odds, he always wins..he’ll win this, too..because the idiots Republicans have no spine, and they still don’t realize Trump has enough spine for all of them.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:56 pm

planosteve wrote:Only 24% of American strongly support expanding the wall on the Mexican border. 34% strongly oppose it. Doesn't seem like shutting down the govt. over something only 24% of the people strongly support is a rational thing to do.

All fake news baloney.

This is one issue..ending illegal alien invasions..that the rank and file of both parties agree on.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:55 pm

"It's now clear that Flynn's lies to the FBI were rooted in his telephone call that day to the former Russian ambassador and his subsequent call to Trump advisers at Mar-a-Lago.

The answers may ultimately come from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, but the questions begin during that critical period in Florida."
All Life is Feudal

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Only 24% of American strongly support expanding the wall on the Mexican border. 34% strongly oppose it. Doesn't seem like shutting down the govt. over something only 24% of the people strongly support is a rational thing to do.

All fake news baloney.

This is one issue..ending illegal alien invasions..that the rank and file of both parties agree on.

Significantly expanding the construction of walls on the Southern border:
Strongly favor 24% Strongly oppose 34%
Favor 17% Oppose 23%
No Opinion 2%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235775/ame ... -daca.aspx

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 am

Gallup is a left wing shill organization.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:18 am

Mark wrote:Gallup is a left wing shill organization.

Whose polls do you trust?

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:50 am

planosteve wrote:

None of them.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Mark wrote:
planosteve wrote:

None of them.

If you don't trust any polls, what do you trust?

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:29 am

Washington (CNN)Almost daily, reality deals another blow to the alternative narrative that President Donald Trump has constructed around his scandal-plagued presidency, campaign and business legacy.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:34 am

"On Tuesday, in a courtroom cliffhanger, Michael Flynn effectively eviscerated the President's claims that the former national security adviser was trapped into lies and flipping on his boss under unfair FBI intimidation.

"In another stain on the reputation of the President, the Trump Foundation agreed to disband following a suit that alleged that Trump and his elder children used it to enrich themselves.

"And in another possible blow to Trump, a federal appeals court compelled an unnamed company owned by a foreign country to comply with a subpoena suspected to be related to the Russia investigation, four days after a mystery hearing."
All Life is Feudal

Return to “Your first forum”