Getting a Colorado Drivers Liscense

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Getting a Colorado Drivers Liscense

Postby planosteve » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

This is really nuts. They require 4 different forms of indentification. One has to be a birth certificate. No problem, I had at least 4. One was a valid passport. I have about 5 of them. But, they are all expired. Can't use. I show them the birth certificate. They glance at it and hand it back. "We don't accept hospital birth certificates". What! Why not?. We only accept govt. birth certificates. So, now I have to pay a private company to research the records and apply to the state of Kansas, then ship it to me. Costs over $100! Finally, yesterday it came. But, I wasn't here to sign for it. So, I'm waiting here all day until they return so I can sign for the birth certificate and take it to get my drivers license. What a crock!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

tx3653

Re: Getting a Colorado Drivers Liscense

Postby tx3653 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 am

Colorado! Lived there, won't be going back. (Even if only for a visit!!)

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am

So what are the other 3 you will provide? Don't forget to use your Txdigest membership card.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:27 am

When I moved to California, I kept my previous driver’s license for several years.

I think I was supposed to do it within one year, but there was no hurry. If stopped by a cop, I told them I was visiting.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

GFB wrote:When I moved to California, I kept my previous driver’s license for several years.

I think I was supposed to do it within one year, but there was no hurry. If stopped by a cop, I told them I was visiting.

Here, your supposed to get a license within 30 days of becoming a resident. So, I'm already overdue.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 pm

I finally received my "official" birth certificate from the state of Kansas. Only cost me $50 for a 4x 5 inch copy. Now, I can proceed back to the motor vehicle office and take my driving test to prove I'm a safe driver after driving for 60 years without a single accident. I hope I can pass. :D

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:01 pm

OK, now I'm now an official resident driver in the state of Colorado. Just have a paper license, they will mail the real one. I liked my old picture better when I was younger. :cry:

Return to “Your first forum”