Nevada Democrat Governor vetos Popular Vote bill

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Nevada Democrat Governor vetos Popular Vote bill

Postby jellowrestling » Thu May 30, 2019 11:33 pm

Nevada's Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak on Thursday vetoed a bill that would have pledged the state’s Electoral College votes to the presidential candidate who wins the national popular vote.

"After thoughtful deliberation, I have decided to veto Assembly Bill 186," Sisolak said in a statement.

“Once effective, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact could diminish the role of smaller states like Nevada in national electoral contests and force Nevada’s electors to side with whoever wins the nationwide popular vote, rather than the candidate Nevadans choose.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... XHI6_kfxOA

truep

Re: Nevada Democrat Governor vetos Popular Vote bill

Postby truep » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:14 pm

At last, a denocrat that understands why the electoral college exists! not to mention that the law is unconstitutional!

jellowrestling

Re: Nevada Democrat Governor vetos Popular Vote bill

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:47 pm

truep wrote:At last, a denocrat that understands why the electoral college exists! not to mention that the law is unconstitutional!

+1 I can understand why people in a state like California would be in favor of large states overwhelming the small ones. But why a small state would want to disenfranchise itself is beyond me.

Return to “Your first forum”