Texas Rangers Baseball Thread

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Texas Rangers Baseball Thread

Postby BigTex » Fri May 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Joey Gallo just hit his first career grand slam.

jellowrestling

Re: Texas Rangers Baseball Thread

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 am

It was a bomb, too.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:33 am

I would have lost money betting on whether that was his first.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Gallo now has a dreaded oblique injury. This could completely wreck his season.

We'll be holding our breath until we find out how severe the injury is.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:27 am

Gallo was placed on the DL this morning.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 pm

That stinks because he was really on a roll.

DeShields may be a suitable replacement in the field but hardly at bat.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:55 am

Hopefully he will only be out 10 days to 2 weeks.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 am

Need to get Calhoun back as well.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 am

When everybody gets healthy, there is a huge roster crunch coming. There simply isn't enough room for all of Choo, Calhoun, DeShields, Pence, Forsythe, and Santana.

I love Shin-Soo Choo, but he isn't a part of the future here. The Rangers need to find a taker for him. The Indians are desperate for outfielders, and think they'd make a good trading partner. Choo is owed about $14 for the remainder of this season, and another $21 million this season. It would probably cost the Rangers $20 million or more to make a deal.

Pence, Forsythe, and Santana are playing very well, and I assume all are on one year contracts. If they continue to play well, they'll all be attractive to contenders at the trade deadline.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Mark wrote:When everybody gets healthy, there is a huge roster crunch coming. There simply isn't enough room for all of Choo, Calhoun, DeShields, Pence, Forsythe, and Santana.

I love Shin-Soo Choo, but he isn't a part of the future here. The Rangers need to find a taker for him. The Indians are desperate for outfielders, and think they'd make a good trading partner. Choo is owed about $14 for the remainder of this season, and another $21 million this season. It would probably cost the Rangers $20 million or more to make a deal.

Pence, Forsythe, and Santana are playing very well, and I assume all are on one year contracts. If they continue to play well, they'll all be attractive to contenders at the trade deadline.

And then there's Odor. I believe he's on his way out.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 pm

crocmommy wrote:
Mark wrote:When everybody gets healthy, there is a huge roster crunch coming. There simply isn't enough room for all of Choo, Calhoun, DeShields, Pence, Forsythe, and Santana.

He's still only 25 years old, and he's hitting the ball hard. He still has quite a bit of leash.

He does need to listen to his coaches more. He is being really stubborn about using a really heavy bat. It has been suggested that he try a lighter bat, but he is sticking with what he's got.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Mark wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

He's still only 25 years old, and he's hitting the ball hard. He still has quite a bit of leash.

He does need to listen to his coaches more. He is being really stubborn about using a really heavy bat. It has been suggested that he try a lighter bat, but he is sticking with what he's got.

I heard someone reading an interview with the Rangers Manager on the tickets this morning. He said Odor hitting the ball hard is not good enough...that he needs to start being productive. Sounds like Odor is only willing to do what has worked for him before. And sounds like the Manager is losing patience with him.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 am

Did anyone watch the 12 inning game the other night? Rangers won but it was frustrating that the Rangers only had two outs to go to win it in the 9th and the pitcher served up a homer which tied it...

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am

They have exceeded everybody's expectations for this season, but with this pitching staff it's going to be a roller coaster ride. At least it makes every game worth a look.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:28 am

BigTex wrote:They have exceeded everybody's expectations for this season, but with this pitching staff it's going to be a roller coaster ride. At least it makes every game worth a look.

That is true. I want to go Saturday night for the retirement but having to watch my money right now.

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Catcher Isiah Kiner-Falefa has landed on the DL with a finger injury.

The Rangers just made a trade with the Indians to acquire catcher Tim Federowicz. He will be placed on the major league roster as the backup to Jeff Mathis.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm

Somebody’s name is..

I’s a Kinder Feller?

Well, I’m guessing he’s a very nice man.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Isiah Kiner-Falefa. He is from Hawaii, and is of Hawaiian, Samoan, and Japanese descent.

He was an infielder that converted to catcher, and is now a full time catcher.

He was also rookie of the year for the Rangers in 2018.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm

Mark wrote:Isiah Kiner-Falefa. He is from Hawaii, and is of Hawaiian, Samoan, and Japanese descent.

He was an infielder that converted to catcher, and is now a full time catcher.

He was also rookie of the year for the Rangers in 2018.

Ok, thanks..I just marvel at some of the athlete’s names nowadays.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:58 pm

GFB wrote:Somebody’s name is..

I’s a Kinder Feller?

Well, I’m guessing he’s a very nice man.

Yeah, it's too bad the Rangers don't still have Mr. Happy pitching to Kinder Fella. ;)

Return to “Your first forum”