Zeke is back, Game one soon,But.......

Description of your first forum.
glenn/dallas

Zeke is back, Game one soon,But.......

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:09 pm

I'm a longtime Cowboy fan, since the first game in the 1960's.I used to go to the games with the other groups of my friends and neighbors.We could afford thr prices of the game, free parking and cheap consession.s Ticket were priced ok for a while, then greed set in and players wanted to be the highest paid in their position for the whole NFL, or at least clost to the top. Everything went up, my friends are much older now and watch the games on TV, sadly enough so do most of my kids and grandchildren. The game is not friendly for Mr and Mrs USA.(or their famalies).

Zeke just signed his new contract 90 million contract for six years, with half of that up-front. $45 million in the bank, thats good. Whats amazing if thats not enough he will still get $2,812,500. per game. Thats $46,875.00 dollars for each minute of a game (cut both by half since he plays offense only).And yes, Uncle Sam gets his share too.

I dont begrudge any player earning what the market will bear, but when is enough , ENOUGH.

jellowrestling

Re: Zeke is back, Game one soon,But.......

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:33 pm

The last time I went to a game, it was at Texas Stadium; went with a friend who had an extra ticket. What I remember most about the game is the lack of action because of TV timeouts. I'd rather sit at home and watch on TV. Even better, pause for a while and get some things done, then come back and fast-forward through the inane chatter and commercials, and just watch the plays.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:35 pm

And I'll add this: the more they make, the less I care.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 pm

I guess they can afford it. I heard the Cowboys are worth 5 billion, more than any team in the NFL.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am

TV, not ticket sales ,generates the money teams use to pay players. Until that revenue stream peaks contracts will increase and Jerry, like other owners before him, will continue to richly rewarded players unwilling to honor existing contracts.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 pm

John in Plano wrote:TV, not ticket sales ,generates the money teams use to pay players. Until that revenue stream peaks contracts will increase and Jerry, like other owners before him, will continue to richly rewarded players unwilling to honor existing contracts.

"HONOR EXISTING CONTRACTS"

What a novel idea, someone should tell the players about it

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 pm

I'm certainly not a fan of hold outs when there is a contract in place, but these guys work for a man who told the NFL "screw your contract with Coke, I'm signing my own deal with Pepsi."

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:26 am

BigTex wrote:I'm certainly not a fan of hold outs when there is a contract in place, but these guys work for a man who told the NFL "screw your contract with Coke, I'm signing my own deal with Pepsi."

Isn't the key words here "screw YOUR contract". I assume this meant the NFL had a contract with Coke, the Cowboys did not so they were free to go with Pepsi, Is this correct or not, I am not sure.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:11 pm

I'm more of a Dak fan. He manages to keep it classy and in return is getting all the commercials and endorsements. Zeke needs to learn something from him.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:03 pm

crocmommy wrote:I'm more of a Dak fan. He manages to keep it classy and in return is getting all the commercials and endorsements. Zeke needs to learn something from him.

I love Dak's attitude and leadership. I'm still not convinced he's an elite-level QB, though. I hope I'm wrong.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:21 pm

glenn/dallas wrote:
BigTex wrote:I'm certainly not a fan of hold outs when there is a contract in place, but these guys work for a man who told the NFL "screw your contract with Coke, I'm signing my own deal with Pepsi."

Isn't the key words here "screw YOUR contract". I assume this meant the NFL had a contract with Coke, the Cowboys did not so they were free to go with Pepsi, Is this correct or not, I am not sure.

The NFL makes deals in the name of all teams, such as the network TV contracts. How many commodities are "the official XYZ of the NFL." My understanding was that Jerry just decided to go his own way on the Pepsi deal. Don't know what if any backlash he got from the NFL.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:36 pm

BigTex wrote:
glenn/dallas wrote:

The NFL makes deals in the name of all teams, such as the network TV contracts. How many commodities are "the official XYZ of the NFL." My understanding was that Jerry just decided to go his own way on the Pepsi deal. Don't know what if any backlash he got from the NFL.

Just found this:: 12. In 1995, Jerry Jones announced team deals with Nike, Pepsi, American Express and AT&T that were worth more than $60 million. The NFL, however, said the deals were ambush marketing because they violated revenue sharing. The league was upset in particular with Pepsi and American Express because it had signed huge deals with competitors Coca-Cola and Visa. After Jones refused to back down, the league sued him. "The success of the league has really been to operate as a partnership," NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said at the time. Jones disagreed and countersued. More than a year later, both sides dropped their claims and Jones was allowed to keep his deals.

I doubt if Tagliabue wouls have kept up the suit if he felt he would win, those high powered guys ego's usually dont go that way.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Over / Under on number of Zeke fumbles? 1.5

I haven't been to a Cowboy game since Texas stadium days; and only then to work concession stands. When I watch, would rather watch on TV. The last 20 years of Cowboy football has been pretty meh. I doubt Jerry will live long enough to see them in the Super Bowl.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Cowboys looked good today.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am

jellowrestling wrote:Cowboys looked good today.

Yep. First impression is good.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:51 am

The Patriots looked awesome!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:34 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:I'm more of a Dak fan. He manages to keep it classy and in return is getting all the commercials and endorsements. Zeke needs to learn something from him.

I love Dak's attitude and leadership. I'm still not convinced he's an elite-level QB, though. I hope I'm wrong.

Well I was impressed after yesterday by Dak's performance and his post game behavior.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:23 pm

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

Well I was impressed after yesterday by Dak's performance and his post game behavior.

The receivers made him look good early on some errant throws. He improved as the game went on. He had plenty of time and open receivers all afternoon, and the ground game was working. One of the things I DO like about Dak is that he doesn't have Romo's propensity to force passes into coverage. Tony had such amazing, pinpoint accuracy that he thought he could complete any pass to any receiver in any conditions. He could most of the time, and he seemed to be especially accurate and effective when Dallas was behind. But he would still force passes into coverage when leading, and that's where he got into trouble.

Return to “Your first forum”