Beth Mowins

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Beth Mowins

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm watching the UCF-Houston game. Is there anyone who actually enjoys hearing Beth Mowins do play-by-play for football?

bodine

Re: Beth Mowins

Postby bodine » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 am

She did a lot of Purdue games back when son was playing. Let's just say she is an acquired taste.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm a neanderthal when it comes to female sports broadcasters. They annoy me because it's like my wife trying to talk to me while I'm watching a game. The female sideline reporters are pretty useless too. The only reason they are there is the gamble that coaches and players will open up more to a woman.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:40 pm

bodine wrote:She did a lot of Purdue games back when son was playing. Let's just say she is an acquired taste.

Fair enough. I never could acquire a taste for Howard Cosell; I think it's going to be the same for this one.

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 am

BigTex wrote:I'm a neanderthal when it comes to female sports broadcasters. They annoy me because it's like my wife trying to talk to me while I'm watching a game. The female sideline reporters are pretty useless too. The only reason they are there is the gamble that coaches and players will open up more to a woman.

Holly Rowe was in College Station for a game some years back, and came to talk to my wife's class. Fast forward a couple of years; we are on the sideline pre-game at Purdue for son's official visit, and Holly Rowe recognized and came over and talked to my wife. Kind of nea

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am

jellowrestling wrote:
bodine wrote:She did a lot of Purdue games back when son was playing. Let's just say she is an acquired taste.

Fair enough. I never could acquire a taste for Howard Cosell; I think it's going to be the same for this one.

I didn't necessarily say it was a pleasant taste.....

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

bodine wrote:
BigTex wrote:I'm a neanderthal when it comes to female sports broadcasters. They annoy me because it's like my wife trying to talk to me while I'm watching a game. The female sideline reporters are pretty useless too. The only reason they are there is the gamble that coaches and players will open up more to a woman.

Holly Rowe was in College Station for a game some years back, and came to talk to my wife's class. Fast forward a couple of years; we are on the sideline pre-game at Purdue for son's official visit, and Holly Rowe recognized and came over and talked to my wife. Kind of nea

I'm sure they are very nice people. Just not a fan of the game day experience.

Return to “Your first forum”