Medicare PSA

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Medicare PSA

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I may be the only person here on medicare,

But,

I have seen the 0 dollar advantage plans advertised

I wondered why am I paying extra, and what is the difference.

Turns out the advantage plan I was paying for is the same as the 0 dollar plan.

Same with Donna.

If your paying for an advantage plan give your provider a call

Might save you a few bucks.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

rusty

Re: Medicare PSA

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Sangersteve wrote:I may be the only person here on medicare,

But,

I have seen the 0 dollar advantage plans advertised

I wondered why am I paying extra, and what is the difference.

Turns out the advantage plan I was paying for is the same as the 0 dollar plan.

Same with Donna.

If your paying for an advantage plan give your provider a call

Might save you a few bucks.

Big difference is the network. Maybe it doesn't effect you, but could effect others.
That being said, you generally have more potential out of pocket costs with Advantage plans than you do with traditional Medicare and a Medicare supplement.
There's a reason they have little or no premium.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Big difference is the network. Maybe it doesn't effect you, but could effect others.
That being said, you generally have more potential out of pocket costs with Advantage plans than you do with traditional Medicare and a Medicare supplement.

I hear you. My BCBS agent went through my plan and flat out said he didn't know why I was paying.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Sangersteve wrote:

I hear you. My BCBS agent went through my plan and flat out said he didn't know why I was paying.

Yep
That's why there's chocolate and vanilla. Works fine for many, others not so much. Need to have an agent you can trust and a network that you're comfortable with.

I've taken the certification for Medicare Advantage several times (you have to re-certify ever year) and I've never been able to bring myself to offer one, even though an agent can make a boatload on Advantage plans. That being said, if it works for you it works for you.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:36 pm

I have been forced into Medicare Advantage plan by my retirement plan.
I can get out, of course, but then I take the chance of a bigger problem.

Anyway I pay monthly for my plan, and it is $$ cause husband is on my plan. I guess we get our money's worth for him as he has medical issues.
For me--here it is November and I still have not created the $500 deductible amount. My card says my copay for an office visit is $5 or $10.
Nope--paying $100 (average) for my office visits. Lucky me, for being healthy, is what I should say, but I complain 'cause I don't see that $5 copay.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:I have been forced into Medicare Advantage plan by my retirement plan.

Anyway I pay monthly for my plan, and it is $$ cause husband is on my plan. I guess we get our money's worth for him as he has medical issues.
For me--here it is November and I still have not created the $500 deductible amount. My card says my copay for an office visit is $5 or $10.
Nope--paying $100 (average) for my office visits. Lucky me, for being healthy, is what I should say, but I complain 'cause I don't see that $5 copay.

Are you saying that the $5 or $10 copay only kicks in after the $500 deductible is met?

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:42 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:I have been forced into Medicare Advantage plan by my retirement plan.

Are you saying that the $5 or $10 copay only kicks in after the $500 deductible is met?

That is how it is for TRS Medicare Advantage. I have no idea about other plans.
I thought it was wrong when the dermatologist charged me $79, so I called and verified it with TRS.

One of my retiree friends told me that was a new change this year.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

truep

Postby truep » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

I was on the united healthcare $0 plan for several years until they started using Silverback as their local payer. Silverback was terrible! I went with a Humana Gold plan last year and love it. it's $0 for PCP visits, A good drug plan (great if you use their mail in pharmacy), $0 monthly.

Return to “Your first forum”