Working from home

Description of your first forum.
bodine

Working from home

Postby bodine » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am

We have been highly encouraged to work from home; everyone in my department has been issued laptops and software that lets us get into the mainframe.

Today is day one for me. I have resisted because wife is teaching from home and daughter is doing online grad school. Not sure how our bandwidth will hold up when all three of us are working at the same time. I have to monitor a phone queue, actually using my xbox headphone/microphone to do that. Some of my folks love it, I am not a fan, although I have only been trying for 3 hours now. It might be better if I had a private space, but I don't.

John in Plano

Re: Working from home

Postby John in Plano » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

I worked from my house for years during the 80s then again during these 90s. I had room so it made it easier. Maintaining contact was tough back in the day, not so hard now so that will make it easier. Stay focused and you'll do well.

My daughter has worked from home for at least 10 years. My son has worked from home two days a week for a couple years, so working from home was an easy transition. They both have teenager boys at home, sharing bandwidth hasn't been a problem .

My granddaughter was told to work from home last week. She isn't having a problem adapting and bandwidth hasn't been an issue with her roommates. She is one of 3 left in her group still employed after 40 + were terminated this week.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Return to “Your first forum”