So how long are you going to self isolate ?

Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

So how long are you going to self isolate ?

Postby Red Oak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:20 pm

So how long ? Until there is a vaccine? Could be a long wait.
Until effective treatments are approved by the FDA ? Good luck with that in the next year.

Until a Democrat is elected to POTUS ? That is quite a few months away if it happens this year.

Until the “Curve” flattens ? That isn’t a cure or treatment just means you might get a hospital bed if you need one.

For me at some point soon I intend to return to my normal habits, which does not involve taking public transportation or living in crowed areas and take my chances. The way I see it, it is better to live before you die rather than dying while still living.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Mark

Re: So how long are you going to self isolate ?

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:24 pm

I've never quit doing my job at a wide variety of customer locations, including those that could be termed as "high risk."

The only thing that's really different for me is that I can't go to any of the local bars or restaurants, because they've been closed by an overbearing government.

I beat colon cancer last year. I'm not scared of the Chinese bat flu in the least.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Mark very good news about beating the big C, they way I look at it every day since July 12, 1999 has been gravy for me.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:34 pm

In my case it would be if or when I self isolate.

We've changed nothing.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:24 pm

I still go to work every day. Go to the store when I need to. Never went to the movies anyway. Always wait until I'm too shaggy to get a haircut.

My wife is working at home. She's been out of the house once since this started.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 pm

I am slowly reverting to my 1975 hairstyle, the color and body isn’t quite the same :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:41 pm

We plan on being on the coast in July for my mom's 94th birthday. Flying isn't happening anytime soon. We canceled SW flights in April, now have credit to use by Feb 2021. Trip is dependent on my parent's willingness to have us visit.

Grocery shopping will remain odd, as will I expect getting home improvement items purchased/ installed we have plans to do this year.

Baseball is out for unknown time for 1 grandson, so no games to go watch.

Couple bars we like that have music are closed as are the 2 sports bars I frequent.

A restaurant music place we frequent apparently can open . We have an obligation to be there if music starts again.

I need tennis shoes and new hunting boots, so I will go next week and look.

September, plan on dove hunting faith family n friends .

Will go deer hunting again at my cousins place way west of Del Rio.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Our nearest neighbor is about a mile away. I occasionally go into Waxahachie to get things from Tractor Supply and stop by Aldis to get seafood. Get our regular groceries at our local Brookshire Brothers.

My wife continues to work full-time, but only goes on campus two of three days a week.

I have helped 3 neighbors work their cows. It finally dried up enough and I got my pastures shredded. Now I am spraying for weeds when it is not windy.

There is a group of old guys that meet in town several days a week in the parking lot of the donut shop. We sit on our tailgates, drink coffee and visit for for a while.

Life is good. Feel sorry for those folks that love up in DFW.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Red Oak wrote:So how long ? Until there is a vaccine? Could be a long wait.
Until effective treatments are approved by the FDA ? Good luck with that in the next year.

Until a Democrat is elected to POTUS ? That is quite a few months away if it happens this year.

Until the “Curve” flattens ? That isn’t a cure or treatment just means you might get a hospital bed if you need one.

For me at some point soon I intend to return to my normal habits, which does not involve taking public transportation or living in crowed areas and take my chances. The way I see it, it is better to live before you die rather than dying while still living.

How are things up at the Owl Hoot?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm

I am doing fine here at the Fort. The family not so good. Some big financial losses. Fortunately, I got out of my home in Plano and am mostly in the banks. Unless some of the biggest banks in the country bite the dust I should be OK. Unfortunately, there is no situation that can occur so bad that the govt. can't make it worse. And we have the worst possible govt. in place right now. So, I don't see any improvement on the horizen before Nov.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:19 pm

We are going to continue to hide out until Dallas county has 14 days of no new cases, or 14 days of decline in the number of cases.

All in all it has not been too bad. Since we are retired, it just eliminated trips and volunteer work....plus zoom meetings.
My lady friends and I use an app (HouseParty) that is much more simple than zoom for face to face chatting.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:07 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:We are going to continue to hide out until Dallas county has 14 days of no new cases, or 14 days of decline in the number of cases.

Here in Hopkins County, we've had 4 documented cases, 4 recoveries, zero deaths, and no documented cases in 21 days...

...Yet for some strange reason, we are locked down.

Ric

Postby Ric » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Mark wrote:I've never quit doing my job at a wide variety of customer locations, including those that could be termed as "high risk."

The only thing that's really different for me is that I can't go to any of the local bars or restaurants, because they've been closed by an overbearing government.

I beat colon cancer last year. I'm not scared of the Chinese bat flu in the least.

Good on ya, Buddy. Bars will be open at some point. I look forward to it, since I have found several establishments with great food in the Joshua area..
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Ric wrote:
Mark wrote:I've never quit doing my job at a wide variety of customer locations, including those that could be termed as "high risk."

Good on ya, Buddy. Bars will be open at some point. I look forward to it, since I have found several establishments with great food in the Joshua area..

My two main hangouts are both opening Friday. One has an outside deck, and the other has a rooftop patio, so they both have large capacities to work with.

Return to “Your first forum”