Truck Drivers Beware

Description of your first forum.
Dancer

Truck Drivers Beware

Postby Dancer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Got a call from a friend a minute ago, the 72 hr DOT Inspection Blitz is on. I 35 and 114. TMS parking lot is full of trucks and DOT guys doing inspections. Fairly reputable source. My luck they will invade Bridgeport tomorrow.

Sangersteve

Re: Truck Drivers Beware

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 pm

It is a fact, I took Donna to the airport earlier. Portable sign said all commercial vehicles exit here. TMS lot was packed.

There were a few who chose not to exit, and they got chased down and stopped
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Dancer, I know you're a truck driver and a good one. I see several trucks along the way, here and there, that do not follow traffic protocol, i.e. using signals when they change lanes, driving way too fast with empty trailers (these are rock trucks and I give them all the room they need), but I've noticed some don't follow the traffic laws. Is there a number I can call, if I get the ID? And would it do any good for me to report?

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Trixie, yes by all means call. I have around 35 yrs experience driving. From hauling Livestock for my first gig on down. I now am a rock hauler by choice and abhor the majority of same because they give folks like me a bad rap. Shoot, I have even called in on some and will do the same if need be.
I train some of the new guys at our company and have bounced more than I approve for stupid driving habits, and will keep doing it. Trucking has changed so much over the years. An "old hand" such as myself is part of the old school. The new ones have no clue what is going on. Thank You for the kind words. I gotta shut this thing down and get some sleep, as Wednesday is the last day with my trainee, another good one.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Truck drives like Dancer don't get near the credit they deserve. The Metroplex wouldn't even exist without them. Everything here is trucked in. When I turn on the TV and there is a big ice storm, the truckers are out there fighting the weather. We all owe them a huge debt of gratitude and all the encouragement in the world.
Thank you Dancer, you truckers are wind beneith our wings.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:27 pm

What's more, the trucking industry is a gauge of the nation's economy — probably better than the government's figures. When you see lots of truck traffic on the highways, the economy is rolling, too.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

"LIKE!" Planosteve and I usually go 'round and 'round, but he is ri ri ri right. Oh gosh that hurt. LOL!

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 pm

trix

i almost got killed by an aggressive driving trucker.
called the number on the truck with id numbers.......

had a looooong convo with someone who identified themselves as a manager.
i hope the guy is flipping burgers now....
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey Dancer when are you gonna pay me for that chipped window?

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:28 am

So far, every scalehouse & port of entry I've come across has been closed. But I am glad I have a new truck & trailer.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Grassman wrote:Hey Dancer when are you gonna pay me for that chipped window?
Not I sir, every load I run is snuggled 'neath my rollover tarp.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:53 pm

I wish all rockheads did that.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Nailgun aka.Mark

Postby Nailgun aka.Mark » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm

After exiting the new parkway (toll) road down here in Cleburne, I saw a Deputy waving the big rigs off of Hwy.67. There must have been 15 trucks waiting to roll on to the portable weighing devices.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Nailgun aka.Mark wrote:After exiting the new parkway (toll) road down here in Cleburne, I saw a Deputy waving the big rigs off of Hwy.67. There must have been 15 trucks waiting to roll on to the portable weighing devices.
Stop it! Those are "Portable Scales" and results of them vary from County to County, City to City, etc......... The County Cops, City Cops, and State Cops (DOT "Certified") all carry them. You know me, and Johnson County results all seem to be way higher than others. Wonder why?

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 pm

TMS has events this week. Why would they allow the DOT goons to occupy their lots?

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Mark wrote:TMS has events this week. Why would they allow the DOT goons to occupy their lots?

They will be gone soon enough. It's a 72 hour around the clock thing DOT does a couple of times a year. "Operation Roadcheck" is what they call it. It runs The 3rd to 5th this time. Supposed to be Midnight to Midnight. Then the new Graduates of The Academy are turned loose for everyday harassment of folks like me. Eddie Gossage really could tell them not on my parking lot, but that would not work in his favor if he did. A lot of the Officers working his events are not paid, but donating time. Not all, but some. Oh yeah, like the goons reference.

Return to “Your first forum”