Karl Rove calls out 45 for his BS

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Karl Rove calls out 45 for his BS

Postby planosteve » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 pm

POLITICO Karl Rove scolds Trump for recent tweets: ‘I don’t see that those advance his cause at all’

Veteran Republican strategist Karl Rove on Tuesday expressed new frustration with Donald Trump’s erratic messaging, arguing a recent pair of incendiary tweets from the president represented yet another act of self-sabotage inflicted upon his reelection campaign.

The stern remarks from Rove, who POLITICO reported last month is advising the Trump campaign, came after the president warned supporters in a speech Friday at Mount Rushmore of a “left-wing cultural revolution” that was “determined to tear down every statue, symbol and memory of our national heritage.”

Trump echoed that divisive rhetoric Saturday in a White House address ostensibly intended to celebrate July 4, asserting the United States was “now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters and people who, in many instances, have absolutely no clue what they are doing.”

Although Rove assessed that Trump delivered a “remarkable speech” at Mount Rushmore that “talked about American values and American heroes,” he criticized the president for following up his scripted weekend appearances with two controversial social media posts Monday.

In those tweets, Trump blasted NASCAR’s decision to ban the Confederate flag from its races and demanded an apology from the sport’s top Black driver. He also reprimanded the Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians for announcing they would review potential name changes for their sports franchises after years of pressure from Native American groups.

“The question is, did what the president tweeted on Monday advance the cause that he laid out on Saturday? And I think the answer is an unambiguous no. It did not,” Rove told Fox News. “The president has a limited number of days between now and the election. And when he tweets, it’s a powerful message. And the question is, does that message continue to advance the narrative that he and those around him decided that he would lay out on [Friday] at Mount Rushmore? And the answer is no, it didn’t.”

Rove also weighed in on Monday’s White House news briefing, where press secretary Kayleigh McEnany admonished reporters for not asking about a spate of gun violence across the country over the holiday weekend. Rove suggested Trump’s tweets had distracted from media coverage of the shootings.

“I saw the press secretary yesterday say to the White House press corps, ‘Why aren’t you asking about all of the violence that was in our American cities over the weekend?’” he said, adding: “That was a good question. But the answer is because the president didn’t tweet about that. He tweeted about Bubba Wallace and the Confederate flag and NASCAR. And I don’t see that those advance his cause at all.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... d=msedgntp
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Re: Karl Rove calls out 45 for his BS

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Karl Rove is an old, used up swamp creature, a dinosaur establishment hack.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:39 pm

Mark wrote:Karl Rove is an old, used up swamp creature, a dinosaur establishment hack.

And Bush's Brain. :D
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Mark wrote:Karl Rove is an old, used up swamp creature, a dinosaur establishment hack.

Careful now, or Rove will jump up and pop you on the kneecap....
"I don't know if bourbon solves problems, but I'd like to give it a shot." - My grandfather, a Very Wise Man.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 pm

Is Rove still holding out for a Romney victory?

Return to “Your first forum”