Opinion - U-Verse

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Opinion - U-Verse

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 am

I currently have Time-Warner internet and Dish. I am set to replace it with U-verse on Saturday, but I heard a couple of horror stories yesterday. I would save quite a bit of money. Thoughts/experiences?

Addisonrose

Re: Opinion - U-Verse

Postby Addisonrose » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:46 am

This is my second go-around and I like it. More reliable than a dish on my roof, better pricing, wireless, can move your boxes around to whatever room you want to watch TV, very flexible.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 am

Picture quality: Since you're getting new lines and equipment, picture quality will be excellent — better than satellite but not as good as with fiber optic or a large outside antenna.

Service: Again, excellent. Getting a foreign representative can be a nuisance if you have trouble with accents, but most of the time you'll be connected with someone right here in the USA. Usually, technical troubles can be corrected over the phone but if not, a technie will be right out to fix the problem.

Price: Introductory price is a deal but then the monthly bill lurches into the stratosphere, and there's no way to bring it down without seriously maiming your programming. However, our son negotiates for a living (contract lawyer) and he works the system by being permanently on introductory offers. It's easy for him, but I'd rather pay through the nose than endure the hassle.

Programming: As good as you want to pay for. With Roku you really don't need all the movie channels.

Convenience: That once-a-month bill for all your digital services is really nice if you're still a check writer.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:31 am

Bob Of Burleson wrote:Picture quality: Since you're getting new lines and equipment, picture quality will be excellent — better than satellite but not as good as with fiber optic or a large outside antenna.

Service: Again, excellent. Getting a foreign representative can be a nuisance if you have trouble with accents, but most of the time you'll be connected with someone right here in the USA. Usually, technical troubles can be corrected over the phone but if not, a technie will be right out to fix the problem.

Price: Introductory price is a deal but then the monthly bill lurches into the stratosphere, and there's no way to bring it down without seriously maiming your programming. However, our son negotiates for a living (contract lawyer) and he works the system by being permanently on introductory offers. It's easy for him, but I'd rather pay through the nose than endure the hassle.

Programming: As good as you want to pay for. With Roku you really don't need all the movie channels.

Convenience: That once-a-month bill for all your digital services is really nice if you're still a check writer.

They said that they will run a fiber optic line, so that sounds promising.

They also said that I can renew the intro price ($136 for internet, TV and phone), and that I also get an additional 12% discount on my AT&T cell plan.

I have been negotiating deals with cable internet and dish, and I'm kind of tired of it.
Thanks for the info. :D

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:38 am

Well, pooh. Apparently U-Verse is not available in College Station. Sounds like a better deal than what we are getting through Suddenlink.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 am

jellowrestling wrote:[/b]

They said that they will run a fiber optic line, so that sounds promising.[/quote]

Fiber optic in the yard, copper to your house. That's the way it is here, but perhaps different in your city.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am

P.S. — The new U-verse wireless boxes or the modems themselves are causing problems for people using HDMI cables. Don't know specifically what goes wrong, but we lost the audio portion of the TV signal and had to switch to component cables. Everything was OK after that.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 am

Update: Got it installed yesterday, and so far, so good.

Return to “Your first forum”