Ruth Ginsberg dead !

Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

Re: Ruth Ginsberg dead !

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:55 am

rusty wrote:How about the Garland rule?

OK by me, when Trump is a lame duck president we can follow it.

I am a never Hillaryite!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:31 pm

How might Democrats retaliate?
One thing is clear, however, and it's that rage will consume the left if Trump succeeds in replacing Ginsburg - particularly if Biden and the Democrats prevail in November.

Already there's talk of political retaliation if Republicans push through their nominee. A few of the more obvious moves, once considered extreme, are already being mentioned - ending of the Senate legislative filibuster that allows a minority in the chamber to thwart the will of the majority; adding new seats to the Supreme Court; and offering statehood (and congressional representation) to the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, among them.

2020 has been a trying year for America - politically, socially and culturally. One way or another, there is now a Supreme Court battle in the works, one that is sure to be as vicious and hard-fought as any in modern memory.

If the fabric of national cohesion hasn't been tested already, it will be.
https://apnews.com/07785358a408ed33a2c06f992b847f21
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Red Oak wrote:
rusty wrote:How about the Garland rule?

OK by me, when Trump is a lame duck president we can follow it.

It doesn't matter if he's a lame duck or not.
It's an election year, and by all indications a pretty tight race.

If he and the rest of the Republicans are so confidant that he'll be re-elected, they shouldn't mind waiting until after the election so as not to try to rush somebody through.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:14 pm

It's what the democrats wanted.

Ryan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra
Mitch McConnell to Democrats in 2013 on going to a simple majority: “You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think."
It's a joke son,I say a joke

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Feb. 22, 2016: McConnell: "Of course it’s within the president’s authority to nominate a successor even in this very rare circumstance — remember that the Senate has not filled a vacancy arising in an election year when there was divided government since 1888, almost 130 years ago — but we also know that Article II, Section II of the Constitution grants the Senate the right to withhold its consent, as it deems necessary."

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 pm

The Senate and the POTUS are both in Republican control, so not divided.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:56 pm

planosteve wrote:How might Democrats retaliate?
One thing is clear, however, and it's that rage will consume the left if Trump succeeds in replacing Ginsburg - particularly if Biden and the Democrats prevail in November.

Already there's talk of political retaliation if Republicans push through their nominee. A few of the more obvious moves, once considered extreme, are already being mentioned - ending of the Senate legislative filibuster that allows a minority in the chamber to thwart the will of the majority; adding new seats to the Supreme Court; and offering statehood (and congressional representation) to the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, among them.

2020 has been a trying year for America - politically, socially and culturally. One way or another, there is now a Supreme Court battle in the works, one that is sure to be as vicious and hard-fought as any in modern memory.

If the fabric of national cohesion hasn't been tested already, it will be.
https://apnews.com/07785358a408ed33a2c06f992b847f21

Makes no difference..Democrats always do the most extreme, political thing. Trump is teaching Republicans to do the same.

And as for Puerto Rico, I’ve lost count of how many times Puerto Rico has voted whether they want to become a state..they always reject it.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 pm

GFB wrote:I’ve lost count of how many times Puerto Rico has voted whether they want to become a state..they always reject it.

They don't want the overbearing federal income tax.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Mark wrote:Amy Coney Barrett is young a strong, and a polar opposite to Buzzy...a perfect pick...

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-is- ... urt-2020-9

Let’s see..I’ll be a Democrat on the Judiciary committee for a minute...

“So, Ms Barrett..we understand you paid your way through College working as a Stripper..and had several abortions during that time.”
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Suddenly, Democrats have taken a short break from rioting, looting, lawfare, threatening to end the Electoral College, ballot harvesting schemes & attacking Trump supporters randomly on the streets to tell Republicans: “please respect the norms!” :lol: :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Red Oak wrote:Suddenly, Democrats have taken a short break from rioting, looting, lawfare, threatening to end the Electoral College, ballot harvesting schemes & attacking Trump supporters randomly on the streets to tell Republicans: “please respect the norms!” :lol: :lol:

I haven't done any rioting, looting, ballot harvesting or any of those other things, but if you want to meet me somewhere and bring a bottle of Crown, I'll bring a six-pack and a sack of ribs and we'll go looking.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:21 am

GFB wrote:
Mark wrote:Amy Coney Barrett is young a strong, and a polar opposite to Buzzy...a perfect pick...

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-is- ... urt-2020-9

Let’s see..I’ll be a Democrat on the Judiciary committee for a minute...

“So, Ms Barrett..we understand you paid your way through College working as a Stripper..and had several abortions during that time.”

The sound you hear is Gloria Allred cranking up her dial-a-skank machine to find some bimbo to accuse Barrett of God-knows-what...

Chrissy Blosey is booking her ticket to Washington now to accuse Barrett of making her a lesbian sex slave, or some bullshit like that.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:37 am

Democrats should be hopping mad at Ginsberg. She cost the Democrats a seat on Supreme Court for maybe 30 or 40 years! And all at an advanced age, with multiple comorbidities. And for what? Her irrational belief that she could beat the odds for a few more years or so. To me that is very stupid. And selfish. And irrational. I thought she was supposed to be smart!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 am

planosteve wrote:Democrats should be hopping mad at Ginsberg. She cost the Democrats a seat on Supreme Court for maybe 30 or 40 years! And all at an advanced age, with multiple comorbidities. And for what? Her irrational belief that she could beat the odds for a few more years or so. To me that is very stupid. And selfish. And irrational. I thought she was supposed to be smart!

She never was anything more than a left wing activist hack.

Hacks like her that ignore the Constitution should never be confirmed for the court.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:56 am

planosteve wrote:Democrats should be hopping mad at Ginsberg. She cost the Democrats a seat on Supreme Court for maybe 30 or 40 years! And all at an advanced age, with multiple comorbidities. And for what? Her irrational belief that she could beat the odds for a few more years or so. To me that is very stupid. And selfish. And irrational. I thought she was supposed to be smart!

So when should she have retired? 6 years ago 10 years ago?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:13 am

rusty wrote:

So when should she have retired? 6 years ago 10 years ago?

She had pancreatic cancer, a certain fatal disease. She should have retired so Obama could have nominated her replacement. Maybe she was so sure Hillary would win that she didn't. If so she lost a really big gamble.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:24 am

Ginsburg played politics with her own seat.

It's only fitting that the president most despised by the idiots on the Left gets to nominate her replacement.

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/09/19/g ... 16-report/

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 am

I just hope it's not going to be Judge Judy or some former stripper or something. :D

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:37 am

planosteve wrote:I just hope it's not going to be Judge Judy or some former stripper or something. :D

You must be confused. It's usually* the Democrats that nominate hacks that have no business being on the court.

*GWB had that Souter problem.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm

She lived a year too long!!

Return to “Your first forum”