Exhibit in Denton -Wedding gowns

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Exhibit in Denton -Wedding gowns

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:41 pm

More than 40 wedding gowns that span from 1840 to the present times have become the subject of an ongoing exhibit at the Patterson-Appleton Center for the Visual Arts, located in Denton, Texas.

Dubbed as ‘American Brides: Inspiration and Ingenuity’, the event aims to explore not only the changing sartorial trends but also the re-emerging styles in American bridal fashion.

Slated to run through October 24, 2014, the displayed pieces have been sourced from the University of North Texas’ Texas Fashion Collection, which houses over 20,000 historic clothing items, and private collectors like Steven Porterfield, the owner of Midland-based Cat’s Meow vintage store.
more at:

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/fashion-news/Newsdetails.aspx?News_id=166833

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

knotlazy

Re: Exhibit in Denton -Wedding gowns

Postby knotlazy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 pm

I'd love to go see that! I really enjoyed the few times we looked at wedding dresses before Little Longhorn got married....It was so fun to see her look like a princess...

FlashM

Re: Exhibit in Denton -Wedding gowns

Postby FlashM » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 pm

It would be nice to see some of the variety in the historic gowns. I am getting pretty tired of seeing pretty much the same strapless ballgown over and over. :)

We got married during the post-Princess Diana puffed sleeve era, so I can't talk too loudly about style, but I'm really bored by the lack of variety in gown fashions in the 2000-teens.
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Return to “Your first forum”