So she's not really injured?

Description of your first forum.
Mark

So she's not really injured?

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:02 am

Yesterday morning, every news program was blasting out the news that Simone Biles has sustained an injury and was forced to withdraw from the team gymnastics competition, costing the American team the gold medal.

Now we find that she wasn't injured at all. She's just not feeling it right now. This is disgusting.

I participated in a sport for 28 years. If you want to be a winner, you do it when you're not feeling it. You do it when you're sick. You make sacrifices. No matter what, you show up when the bell rings.

If Biles wants to quit the individual events, that's her business, but she had no right to quit on her team yesterday. All the other women on that team worked hard to get there, and she let them down.

Indeed, America has devolved into a nation of pussies....

Simone Biles has backed out of the women's individual all-around gymnastics final at the Toyko Olympics, citing her mental health.

Biles, America's most decorated gymnast, bowed out of the team final on Tuesday after struggling early on the vault. On Wednesday USA Gymnastics announced that Biles had also withdrawn from the individual all-around competition "in order to focus on her mental health." Biles qualified in first place for the event and was a favorite to take home multiple gold medals at the Olympics.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/al ... tal-health

Mark

Re: So she's not really injured?

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

Remember Kerri Strug? She was an Olympic hero. Simone Biles is a quitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4um3YEX51k

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:06 am

Mark wrote:Yesterday morning, every news program was blasting out the news that Simone Biles has sustained an injury and was forced to withdraw from the team gymnastics competition, costing the American team the gold medal.

Now we find that she wasn't injured at all. She's just not feeling it right now. This is disgusting.

I participated in a sport for 28 years. If you want to be a winner, you do it when you're not feeling it. You do it when you're sick. You make sacrifices. No matter what, you show up when the bell rings.

If Biles wants to quit the individual events, that's her business, but she had no right to quit on her team yesterday. All the other women on that team worked hard to get there, and she let them down.

Simone Biles has backed out of the women's individual all-around gymnastics final at the Toyko Olympics, citing her mental health.

Biles, America's most decorated gymnast, bowed out of the team final on Tuesday after struggling early on the vault. On Wednesday USA Gymnastics announced that Biles had also withdrawn from the individual all-around competition "in order to focus on her mental health." Biles qualified in first place for the event and was a favorite to take home multiple gold medals at the Olympics.

Very few people consider dirt track racing a sport.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:32 am

She quit her team to keep from hurting her team. She knows, for whatever reason, if she's not performing up to par.

I doubt if any of us has had every major news network on Earth breathing down our neck every minute for the past 6 months, telling us we're the "greatest of all time". So we can try to put ourselves in her shoes, but we can't.

My opinion, once they hit the Olympic Village, probably a month before, they should be off limits to the press until they've completed their event.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 am

I don’t follow the Olympics, but it sounds like she should go work at McDonalds.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:57 am

Indeed, "All Leftists are completely effing stupid."

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am

"Simone Biles is a quitter

Even with her many mistakes during the qualifying round, Biles still posted the highest score in the competition

The timing of Biles’s decision suggests it had something to do with the mistakes she made during the team qualifying round. Biles flew way off the mat during her floor exercise, took a major step off the vault landing strip and bobbled part of her balance beam routine. In sports, mental toughness is key. It is a necessity to be able to recover from errors like this without having a breakdown. Biles, however, has not lost an all-around competition in eight years and emblazoned one of her Olympics leotards with a goat, referencing her ‘GOAT’ status. Is it all that surprising that someone this overconfident — some might say arrogant — would struggle to mentally rebound from a poor performance?

Biles also told reporters that she thought she would cost the team too many points if she stayed in the final. It’s hard to buy that excuse. Even with her many mistakes during the qualifying round, Biles still posted the highest score in the competition. The starting difficulty level for her tricks is so much higher than the other competitors that she can outscore them by a full point margin even when incurring major deductions for stepping out of bounds or falling.

With a substandard Biles in the qualifying round, the US finished second to Russia by about one point. Without Biles in the final on Tuesday, they finished second by nearly three and a half points. Biles was much more accurate when she gave this more selfish explanation for her decision: ‘I have to do what’s right for me.’"

https://spectatorworld.com/life/simone- ... al-health/

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:05 am

grouchy wrote:
Mark wrote:Yesterday morning, every news program was blasting out the news that Simone Biles has sustained an injury and was forced to withdraw from the team gymnastics competition, costing the American team the gold medal.

Yeah, I've seen your posts in the past where you said Nascar is WWE, and they faked the death of Dale Earnhardt, and all that other bullshit.

You're an idiot.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 am

Mark wrote:
grouchy wrote:

Yeah, I've seen your posts in the past where you said Nascar is WWE, and they faked the death of Dale Earnhardt, and all that other bullshit.

You're an idiot.

Mr. M, you have me confused with someone else. I have never felt his death was faked.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:53 am

I have no idea how she was affected psychologically by the sexual assault, but I doubt that it never presented before she got to Tokyo. My guess is a lot of people suppressed concerns about her mental health for the sake of winning a gold medal.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm

BigTex wrote:I have no idea how she was affected psychologically by the sexual assault, but I doubt that it never presented before she got to Tokyo. My guess is a lot of people suppressed concerns about her mental health for the sake of winning a gold medal.

I suspect that you're right.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:09 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
BigTex wrote:I have no idea how she was affected psychologically by the sexual assault, but I doubt that it never presented before she got to Tokyo. My guess is a lot of people suppressed concerns about her mental health for the sake of winning a gold medal.

Agreed.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:21 pm

grouchy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

Agreed.

I'll make that 3.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:54 pm

I believe that too. But I also have had issues recently with Biles flaunting her GOAT status. Nathan Chen is definitely the GOAT of men's figure skating but you never ever would see him wear anything or discuss his GOAT status. He just goes out there and does it....

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:08 pm

What a miraculous recovery!!! She cured herself in less than a week.

Bullshit!!!

rusty

Postby rusty » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Mark wrote:What a miraculous recovery!!! She cured herself in less than a week.

Bullshit!!!

You're a person who is full of hate. How sad.
By the way, do you realize that the only people who agree with you are a Californian and his sycophant?

It must be depressing to know that most thinking people, left or right, think you're a goofball.

rusty

Postby rusty » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:34 pm

crocmommy wrote:I believe that too. But I also have had issues recently with Biles flaunting her GOAT status. Nathan Chen is definitely the GOAT of men's figure skating but you never ever would see him wear anything or discuss his GOAT status. He just goes out there and does it....

Did she do it, or did the media do it?

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:49 pm

crocmommy wrote:I believe that too. But I also have had issues recently with Biles flaunting her GOAT status. Nathan Chen is definitely the GOAT of men's figure skating but you never ever would see him wear anything or discuss his GOAT status. He just goes out there and does it....

That’s how it works with great talents.

In this case..the supposed “GOAT” took 3rd place.

..more of a BSOAT.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm

rusty wrote:

Rusty, it's both. I think the media started but she is an active participant. I saw her wearing something to the effect that she is the GOAT.

rusty

Postby rusty » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:43 pm

crocmommy wrote:
rusty wrote:

Rusty, it's both. I think the media started but she is an active participant. I saw her wearing something to the effect that she is the GOAT.

Not disagreeing. It's both.

Return to “Your first forum”