What did you do today?

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

What did you do today?

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Today started yesterday and will end tomorrow.

Daughter called yesterday, transmission not working right on Mercedes,I could not get up to Gainesville yesterday. Told her to call me early this morning knowing early for her is 11 am.

Left the house at 6:30 this morning stopped at local customer to hook up a heater, left there at 7 to run down to Fort Worth to confirm a telephone diagnosis. Leave Fort Worth @ 10 to research some obsolete parts for another customer.

Get home and start searching, daughter calls @ 11:01 "Are you up yet Dad?". Tell yes and have a little more work to do before coming to Gainesville. She calls back @ 11:18 "Have you left yet?". Tell her no, I'll call when I get to Gainesville.

Get to her car at about 1, pull the dipstick on the transmission and it's dusty. Being a vigilant Dad of a girl who only knows how to put in diesel I brought 2 quarts of ATF with me.

Put in both quarts and nothing shows up on the dipstick, check under the car no giant pools of ATF, go buy more ATF, add 2 more quarts and the issue finally shows itself. Transmission cooler hose to radiator has broken. Four quarts before it even starts pumping, I'm thinking how did the car get home and the tranny must be toast, put in in R and it goes backward, put it in D and it goes forward.

OK no sweat I have a spare Mercedes at home, I'll steal the line off of it.

If you guessed that the line broke when I started to remove it, you win.

Order two trans cooler lines, pay for overnight shipping.

Now tomorrow all I have to do is deliver Donna to the airport, go to Mansfield to pick up some parts, deliver and install said parts in Garland, drive back to Sanger pick up UPS red off porch, drive to Gainesville install trans cooler line.and hope the transmission isn't trashed.

So what did you do?
It's a joke son,I say a joke

bodine

Re: What did you do today?

Postby bodine » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Damned impressive, Steve.

When I walked into the building today; students were lined up into the parking lot; not on the sideway like they should. Chuckled when one of the managers herded them out of the street, "YOU'LL GET HIT BY A CAR!!!"

Why college students wait til the absolute last minute to do anything amazes me...

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 am

Oh, I pulled a few weeds. Then watched my landscape company trim the bushes. Then I went inside for a nap. :D
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:09 am

Dealing with the new back to school schedule, very busy at work and husband not feeling well. Not a fun day at all yesterday...

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Steve, you wore me out just reading that.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:04 am

I drove 550 miles from.Stanton, TN to here at Sunbury, OH in 10 hrs 22 mins. That included a delay caused by a few hundred Corvettes that couldn't be bothered to obey a couple of stop lights at I-65 exit 2 in Kentucky, and a very rainy rush hour in Louisville. Then almost 15 minutes to get backed into the very last parking space at this Pilot. Fun fun fun.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Return to “Your first forum”