Why is the new Top Gun movie such a hit?

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Why is the new Top Gun movie such a hit?

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:50 am

It doesn't insult the audience. It aims only to entertain.

I haven't been to a movie theater to see a movie in probably 10 years, but I intend to go see this one...

Even during his public relations troubles more than 15 years ago, I never stopped believing in Tom Cruise. Through it all, he has always delivered… That is what a movie star does; that’s job number one… Your audience has to trust your choices and trust that you will never let them down. Unlike most modern actors, Cruise gets this. Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Joan Crawford, Denzel Washington, Cary Grant, and Bette Davis understood this. If you want to be a legend with a long career, you cannot disappoint your audience.

Something else you can never do is insult or talk down to your audience, which brings me to Woke…

All this woketardery is killing more careers than we can count, many of them before they get started. Woke movies insult audiences. Woke movies lecture and talk down to their audiences. Woke movies break the storytelling spell by inserting preachy agendas and fake ideas (mostly about sexuality and gender) that violate human nature.

Cruise doesn’t do that. He never has. He also protects his image—no mouthing off on social media. Everything is tightly controlled to ensure Cruise looks good and the public never tires of his presence on TV or in the tabloids.

He delivers, and now he’s enjoying the biggest hit of his 40-year career and, potentially, the biggest payday in Hollywood history.

Will Hollywood sit up and take notice?

Nope. Hollywood is too far gone. Woke McCarthyism rules the entertainment business, and everyone will make excuses for this success instead of reproducing it through the simple act of giving the customers a lecture-free two hours of escapism, adventure, romance, and inspiration.

Hopefully, Cruise will continue to deliver. He’s so rich he can do whatever he wants.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... un-sequel/

jellowrestling

Re: Why is the new Top Gun movie such a hit?

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:19 am

Mark wrote:It doesn't insult the audience. It aims only to entertain.

All this woketardery is killing more careers than we can count, many of them before they get started. Woke movies insult audiences. Woke movies lecture and talk down to their audiences. Woke movies break the storytelling spell by inserting preachy agendas and fake ideas (mostly about sexuality and gender) that violate human nature.

Exactly right. And that's the main reason why I dumped my cable TV, and why I dumped Netflix.

truep

Re: Why is the new Top Gun movie such a hit?

Postby truep » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Amen!

Return to “Your first forum”