WELL, HE'S RUNNING. SURPRISED?

Description of your first forum.
GRANDPA

WELL, HE'S RUNNING. SURPRISED?

Postby GRANDPA » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:48 pm

I guess Trump fancies himself to be Grover Cleveland of the 21st Century. Historians have been a lot kinder to ol' Grover than they'll ever be to the Donald. I voted for him twice, but I'm not enthusiastic about third time.
However, I do enjoy watching Dems freak out & their heads explode.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/tr ... 54364.html
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Re: WELL, HE'S RUNNING. SURPRISED?

Postby planosteve » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:01 pm

If Republians let him run it will be increditably stupid. He has NO chance of winning . ZERO ZIP NADA!!!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:52 am

planosteve wrote:If Republians let him run it will be increditably stupid. He has NO chance of winning . ZERO ZIP NADA!!!

Trump : "Hold my beer."

https://youtu.be/YZ46I3kMOr0

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 am

I didn't say he couldn't be nominated. Republicans are famous for doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And you know what that means? :D

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:36 am

What you said at 10:01pm last night, in your EXACT words :
"If the Republians (sic) let him run it will be increditably (sic) stupid. He has NO chance of winning . ZERO ZIP NADA!!!"
You did not qualify that by mentioning the nomination, I said nothing about the nomination. Everyone but you would take your comment as meaning Trump & the general election. Not the primaries, not the nomination. It's amazing how often you change your own words & think no one will notice.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:45 am

GRANDPA wrote:What you said at 10:01pm last night, in your EXACT words :
"If the Republians (sic) let him run it will be increditably (sic) stupid. He has NO chance of winning . ZERO ZIP NADA!!!"
You did not qualify that by mentioning the nomination, I said nothing about the nomination. Everyone but you would take your comment as meaning Trump & the general election. Not the primaries, not the nomination. It's amazing how often you change your own words & think no one will notice.

I don't think I changed anything. I said it would be stupid to run Trump again because he has no chance of winning. If that's not clear enough sorry!

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:56 am

I don't believe Trump will get the nomination, but I won't go so far to say he CAN'T. The primaries will tell. By any chance, did you ever say in 2016 Trump had NO chance of winning? Others said that, & we know how it turned out. That is my point.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:19 am

GRANDPA wrote:I don't believe Trump will get the nomination, but I won't go so far to say he CAN'T. The primaries will tell. By any chance, did you ever say in 2016 Trump had NO chance of winning? Others said that, & we know how it turned out. That is my point.

Trump has every chance of winning the nomination right now. He's got to win that first unless he decides to run as an independent. But, he has serious competition now.
Should he win the nomination, he's got a whole lot of pitfalls in running for president. RIght now, his chief financial officer Weisselburg is on trial. He could turn states evidence and spill the beans any time. Even if he gets through all the mine fields he is going to loose because the independents have turned against the Republicans as evidenced by their devistating losses in the last election. Once they loose the indies, the Republicans are dead meat.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 am

I do not completely disagree with you on all points. Independents will be the key. Republicans have to win them back & I don't believe Trump is the one who will do that. Repubs will also have to modify to some extent, their stand on abortion, and keep hitting hard the Dems on crime, illegal immigration, & the economy. If Trump does not get the nomination, will he campaign for whoever does? Will the nominee want his help? Hmmmm.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:35 pm

Is he going to run as a Republican?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:19 pm

I listened to Red Eye radio there in Dallas last night. It didn't sound to me like they wanted to see him be the nominee.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:56 pm

rusty wrote:Is he going to run as a Republican?

Oh, I'd love to see how the Dems react if he decided to run as one of them. Such hysteria & confusion not seen since Hitler & Stalin decided to be best buds.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:28 pm

GRANDPA wrote:
rusty wrote:Is he going to run as a Republican?

Oh, I'd love to see how the Dems react if he decided to run as one of them. Such hysteria & confusion not seen since Hitler & Stalin decided to be best buds.

He wouldn't do that of course. But he could run as the MAGA party.... and I'm not being facetious.

If he runs as a Republican, and is primaried (which he will be), can he still run under another party?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:35 pm

I can't imagine any advantage to announcing this early. The only reason I can think of is he thinks it might help him avoid indictment.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:45 pm

planosteve wrote:I can't imagine any advantage to announcing this early. The only reason I can think of is he thinks it might help him avoid indictment.

Exactly.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm

planosteve wrote:I can't imagine any advantage to announcing this early. The only reason I can think of is he thinks it might help him avoid indictment.

That was really dumb.

He’s coming out first, to clear the field of some dead wood.

Last time he had to annihilate 16 other Republicans.

If they had known what they were in for, 12 or 13 of them wouldn’t have bothered.

Anyone seen Jeb Bush since the the 2016 debates?..that’s because he still hasn’t recovered.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:14 pm

GFB wrote:

That was really dumb.

He’s coming out first, to clear the field of some dead wood.

Last time he had to annihilate 16 other Republicans.

If they had known what they were in for, 12 or 13 of them wouldn’t have bothered.

Anyone seen Jeb Bush since the the 2016 debates?..that’s because he still hasn’t recovered.

Then the dead wood will probably win! Not even Fox is going to support Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Return to “Your first forum”