Frisco police can be proud of themselves

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Frisco police can be proud of themselves

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:30 pm

The Indian couple whose child died--and the police keep accusing the mother, even though the medical folks said it was "probably natural causes."
Police kept her under charges...........and now the police are responding to a call of 2 adults dead in the home.

:x

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

John in Plano

Re: Frisco police can be proud of themselves

Postby John in Plano » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Very sad.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm

I never believed that Frisco had anything to charge the mother with, why else would this still be dragging on since February.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Per one story--they were keeping the charges because her BIL said he had seen her get angry with her son once.
Duh! Show me a parent who has never been angry with the child.
If they HAD evidence, it would have been to the GJ before now....

Well, some detective can sleep well tonight, I guess.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 pm

That's a tragedy all over again. I believed the mother and the father. They're from a different culture and that's what they did in India to keep a body till relatives could get there.

marti

Postby marti » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm

This is very disturbing and tragic.
I don't understand the police.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:34 am

marti wrote:This is very disturbing and tragic.
I don't understand the police.

IMO, some macho man didn't want his judgment questioned--or didn't have the decency to say, "It wasn't what I thought it was initially."

I realize we only know what the family's attorney has said, but the case against the mother would not be solid if I were listening. ..especially when the ME said, "no foul play."

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 am

I'm with you on that Librarylady!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 am

Can we tap the brakes a little and ask how much of this was from the District Attorney?

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:08 am

BigTex wrote:Can we tap the brakes a little and ask how much of this was from the District Attorney?

Big +1

If there was even the slightest doubt doesn't the DA have the obligation to take it to the Grand Jury for the dead child's sake?

Pretty good article on it here.

http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/ ... index.html

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm

The DA finally took it to the Grand Jury about a month ago, per the news. The family's attorney said that the presentation to the GJ showed him that they had nothing he had not seen--which was nothing to indicate foul play.

Meanwhile the Frisco police, per WFAA at noon, still were not able to identify whose bodies were found yesterday.
sheesh...........

Gosh, I'm going to venture a guess and say it was the couple who lived in the house.......but, I guess I'm jumping to a conclusion.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

kent

Postby kent » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 pm

and when they asked a grieving mother if she killed her son and she "nodded and said yes" 1) Indians ALWAYS nod when asked something, 2) she probably felt she didn't do enough to get him treatment, etc. and that by that... he died. So, so sad.

Then there's the monster in Georgia......

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:13 pm

6 PM news and Frisco still won't release the identity of the persons dead in the home..........
:roll: and shake of my head.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:41 am

LibraryLady wrote:6 PM news and Frisco still won't release the identity of the persons dead in the home..........
It may not be easy to ascertain and inform next of kin in India or wherever they came from.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 am

Kiamichi wrote:
LibraryLady wrote:6 PM news and Frisco still won't release the identity of the persons dead in the home..........
It may not be easy to ascertain and inform next of kin in India or wherever they came from.

Apparently they have contact with BIL who apparently lives in the area.....since he came over on the day the bodies were discovered as well as interviewed with police back in Jan or Feb.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Orphie

Postby Orphie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:51 am

I didn't believe she killed him. I assumed she was waiting for the husband and the ritual of their people.
Although, he didn't help her case stating she was unstable at times and the other issues. So now I have no clue.
Glad I am not the investigators on this one.
Zephyr thinks he's smart. He said onions are the only food that makes him cry. So I threw a coconut at his face.

Allen

Postby Allen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:26 am

Orphie wrote:I didn't believe she killed him. I assumed she was waiting for the husband and the ritual of their people.
Although, he didn't help her case stating she was unstable at times and the other issues. So now I have no clue.
Glad I am not the investigators on this one.

Hey it's Orpie!!

I don't know what to think either. Read and heard (whatever that's worth and may not be accurate) he was in the bathtub for 5 days while Dad was away on a business trip. She didn't notify anyone about the kids death, not even the father. Father was called by the school that the kid had not been attending. At some point Mom went and stayed at a hotel. She wen't out and bought a gift card for some strange reason (nothing criminal about that just weird for a grieving mother that has a kid at home rotting in a bathtub). Her erratic behavior, the nodding of the head, and the medical examiner basically saying "I dunno, probably natural causes" makes me agree with the DA or police in taking their time. Look how long it took to finally bring John Wiley Price in front of the grand jury.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:58 am

Imagine the criticism leveled at the authorities if they announced the identity of the bodies as the parents, and it turned out not to be them.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:29 pm

It maybe be possible the Mother & Father had some "issues", and if they killed themselves or if it was a
Murder Suicide that just confirms it. I say let the system do its' job in this case.

Leaving a dead body in a bath tub for days is not normal, and Frisco ain't India, but sometimes looks like it.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Allen

Postby Allen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Some more from the DMN site.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/he ... -death.ece

Unlike her husband, who had relatives in the area, Pallavi had no family in the U.S., Finn said.

She had abandoned a successful career in computer programming to devote herself to caring for her child with special needs.

She was alone for long periods while her husband traveled on business and often felt overworked, underappreciated and isolated. “She was on an island,” Finn said.

Boy’s death
The nightmare that Sumeet Dhawan spoke about started Jan. 29 when police discovered Arnav’s decomposing body in the family’s home.

Police said Pallavi nodded her head when asked if she had killed the boy — an allegation Finn denies.

He said the child’s medical conditions contributed to his death. The Collin County medical examiner could not determine a cause of death but ruled it was probably due to “natural disease.”

Pallavi said her son had died unexpectedly in the middle of the night. She placed his body in the bathtub and surrounded it with ice-filled plastic bags.
She said she was trying to preserve her son’s body until her husband returned home from a business trip so he could perform the necessary Hindu rituals.

But at a recent examining hearing, police said the couple didn’t mention anything about the child’s medical condition or required religious rituals when they were interviewed.

Sumeet said he didn’t know why his son’s body was in the bathtub, Frisco police Detective Wade Hornsby told the court.

The detective told the court that two consulting physicians who reviewed the boy’s medical files said his benign cyst should not have shortened his life.

The physicians said the boy could have been smothered, Hornsby testified.

Finn said there no evidence to support that.

Return to “Your first forum”