Where have all the children gone?

Description of your first forum.
kent

Where have all the children gone?

Postby kent » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Gone to ____________, anyone?

The Obama administration sure isn't saying. why?

knotlazy

Re: Where have all the children gone?

Postby knotlazy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:44 pm

?

Which children?

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:44 pm

?

Which children?

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 pm

I think he means..the many thousands of illegal alien kids.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

kent

Postby kent » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:21 am

GFB is correct. Why did the media stop reporting about the flood of illegals coming in? Has it stopped? Why have they stopped reporting daily about all the sick & homeless kids? Did they go back, did they get homes?

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:33 am

They're settling all around the country, and local public schools have already been mandated by the Obama administration to allow them to start school...NOW!!!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:51 am

Home> Politics
Number of Child Immigrants at Border Declining
WASHINGTON — Sep 3, 2014, 12:45 PM ET
By ALICIA A. CALDWELL Associated Press
Associated Press

The number of immigrant children caught alone illegally crossing the Mexican border into the United States continued to decline in August, according to figures disclosed Wednesday by the Homeland Security Department.

Last month Border Patrol agents apprehended 3,129 children, mostly from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala. In July agents found more than 5,400 children, while in June the number was more than 10,600.

The Obama administration has been cautious about speculating over what led to the recent decline, saying several factors are likely at play. Historically, the number of immigrants caught crossing the border illegally declines during the hottest summer months.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... g-25231852
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

Public health, schools threatened by 1,200 undocumented immigrants
By Dan Way
Aug. 6th, 2014
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on favoritesShare on printMore Sharing ServicesMore|

RALEIGH — Citing health, public safety, criminal justice, and fiscal concerns, Gov. Pat McCrory Tuesday called for immediate federal action to address the relocation of 1,200 unaccompanied illegal-immigrant minors into North Carolina.

“As governor of North Carolina, I’m calling on the president and the leaders of Congress to cancel their vacation to solve this problem,” McCrory said at an afternoon news conference.

“I encourage both leaders of Congress and the president to reach out to governors, to mayors, to sheriffs, to county health and school officials who are going to feel the impact of this very, very serious issue in all states,” McCrory said. “This is not the time to wait another two or three months.”

McCrory said he is unaware of any legal recourse to the relocation or to prevent further federal distribution of illegal immigrants to North Carolina, and his goal is to reunify the children with their families in their home countries.

“The way the system is supposed to work is that these children should be returned home. Frankly, there should have been efforts in place long ago to ensure that this large wave of children should not have been allowed across the border,” McCrory said. “But that system is severely broken.”

The governor characterized the Obama administration’s response to the surge of illegal children as woefully inadequate, and said the situation has mushroomed beyond a border crisis.

“They aren’t ready for this volume. They aren’t ready for the security background checks. They aren’t ready for the health care. They aren’t ready for the follow-up of immunizations. They aren’t ready for record keeping. Our educational systems aren’t ready,” and the defective approach is being repeated in all states now housing the illegals, McCrory said.

Various news accounts say that the Homeland Security Department places the number of children from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras entering the United States illegally over the past 10 months at 62,000.

McCrory said he just learned a week and a half ago in a letter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that the 1,200 children had been placed in North Carolina. The notification did not include the children’s names, age, gender, or health status.

“We have not been given any details on their immunization status and what steps need to be taken later on regarding follow-up steps regarding their medical care,” and whether North Carolina school children may be put at risk of contracting illness or disease potentially afflicting the illegal immigrants, McCrory said.

“We also need more information on the procedures our schools must use in accepting documentation” to enroll the children, he said.

Treating the incoming children could drain state resources budgeted for North Carolina children needing health and social services, and some counties may not have any extra money to care for the illegals.

Aldona Wos, state secretary of health and human services, is coordinating a process through which all 100 counties can communicate DHHS activity involving the children in their sectors.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:55 am

I read somewhere that the Mexican government has actually started cracking down on the flow of Central American children crossing their borders.

Don't know how true it is, but I read it somewhere.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:07 am

BigTex wrote:I read somewhere that the Mexican government has actually started cracking down on the flow of Central American children crossing their borders.

Don't know how true it is, but I read it somewhere.

They are probably afraid that Texas National Guard will turn them away at the border, and they will be stuck in May-hee-ko.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:41 am

For awhile the freight train that many use to cross Mexico did not run and that stopped the flow.
It is in operation again.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Return to “Your first forum”