Notable absences from Kevins' board

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: Notable absences from Kevins' board

Postby GFB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 am

crocmommy wrote:And yes, there are a few people that don't come here that I don't miss. It has nothing to do with politics. It's more of an "all about me" attitude that gets old....

Ditto all of that.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:09 am

[url]But your disagreements are generally not political.[/url]I was a Ron Paul supporter and an anti-Bush Republican from the day I signed on.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 am

planosteve wrote:[url]But your disagreements are generally not political.[/url]I was a Ron Paul supporter and an anti-Bush Republican from the day I signed on.

That's nice..but you usually post about wacky theories.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 pm

GFB wrote:
crocmommy wrote:And yes, there are a few people that don't come here that I don't miss. It has nothing to do with politics. It's more of an "all about me" attitude that gets old....

Ditto all of that.

Well you know the YPIYR thing and all that goes with it is one of the few.

BillB

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:25 pm

I wouldn't worry about the people that know this forum is here and don't come here.
I don't think any of us should alter our posting habits to get them to come here.
It is what it is and we are what we are.

To get more people in here, the name of the forum needs to be changed.
Every forum I have been involved in, I searched for a forum in Google for the type of forum I wanted to find.
I found Kevin's forum because I used to listen to him on KLIF and wondered what he was up to. I found his forum.
I belong to another Dallas forum because I searched for "Dallas Fort Worth forums" and found it.
No one is going to search for a "txdigest forum", if you get what I mean. If they searched for Texas forums this wouldn't show up, either.

Change it to "North Texas Forum", "Dallas Forum", "DFW Forum" or whatever, and you'll get new posters.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:28 pm

crocmommy wrote:
GFB wrote:

Ditto all of that.

Well you know the YPIYR thing and all that goes with it is one of the few.

Had him on ignore for years..would see his nonsense when people quoted him.

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I would just like to personally thank RaisinCain for starting this great discussion; thanks RC!!

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:54 pm

RaisinCain wrote:I would just like to personally thank RaisinCain for starting this great discussion; thanks RC!!

+1

I check here from time to time and if there's a topic that interests me, I'll read it, post on it, and that includes politics. I like here. Keep up the good work, SS!

I don't miss the "yipper" stuff either.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:33 pm

RaisinCain wrote:I would just like to personally thank RaisinCain for starting this great discussion; thanks RC!!

:lol: :lol:

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 pm

LibraryLady wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Your welcome!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 pm

There haven't been any huge meltdowns on this board. The absence of the YPIYR jackass is the reason.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Can someone refresh my memory? Who or what was YPIYR? It doesn't ring a bell at all.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm

"Your perception is your reality."

Gopher

Postby Gopher » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

A more generic name change might bring in a few folks from internet searches. A saturday shout out from a local radio show might draw in a few more bodies too. :lol:

IMHO, moderation, even handed or the lack of it, will determine the health of any discussion board. A strictly enforced Code of Conduct helps also. I post on a NASCAR board that was a spin off of the old Speed.com boards. Pretty much anything goes, until the personal attacks start. That will get you bounced in a heartbeat. Another board, AR15.com is moderated very well, but I left TheHighRoad.com (another gun board) because the moderators were too heavy handed. Finding the balance is the key.
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Stand on it till you smell stink!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

The YPIYR person is a member here, but he's never posted. Who knows if he ever lurks...

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Gopher wrote:A more generic name change might bring in a few folks from internet searches. A saturday shout out from a local radio show might draw in a few more bodies too. :lol:

IMHO, moderation, even handed or the lack of it, will determine the health of any discussion board. A strictly enforced Code of Conduct helps also. I post on a NASCAR board that was a spin off of the old Speed.com boards. Pretty much anything goes, until the personal attacks start. That will get you bounced in a heartbeat. Another board, AR15.com is moderated very well, but I left TheHighRoad.com (another gun board) because the moderators were too heavy handed. Finding the balance is the key.

I think every member here was involved at DD, and those that have made the move know the score, and have a natural sense of what is ok and what is not ok.

But I have noticed some people at the Facebook DD that don't seem familiar. I do wonder where they came from.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm here and I like it! It's my first stop in the morning (after the Greenville Herald Banner which takes about 5 minutes!) I usually forget to look at the Facebook forum. Facebook can take way too much time so now I just scan on the news thing. It's not that I don't want to check my friends' status but some of it is pretty boring. I am NOT kidding....one group will start posting the time. I'm also really tired of seeing people's dinners. Are we supposed to be jealous they had ribeyes? Now I understand posting a great dessert...... That is not to say that I get bored when Sangersteve asks "What's for dinner, grandpa?" I love that because no one is trying to outdo the other. It's just fun. This group has always supported and prayed for people. This is the only place that I asked for prayers for the surgery. I didn't even mention the surgery on Facebook. BTW, I will have a complete cardiac evaluation this week. I'm scheduled for surgery again on 9-22.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 pm

I miss rusty and Roders especially.

And Mark I am glad you are here.

I am a never Hillaryite!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Hope your next surgery fixes everything Ann!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:50 pm

People who just put up pictures and quotes on Facebook instead of coming up with something personal on Facebook annoy me. I have some friends whom that is almost all they do...

Return to “Your first forum”