Electric vehicles are a huge bust

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Electric vehicles are a huge bust

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:47 am

This story is about declining interest from Ford dealers to sell electric vehicles. Willingness to sell these vehicles fell from two thirds of dealers last year to roughly half this year. If customers wanted the vehicles, the dealers would be anxious to sell them.

However, way down at the bottom of the article is where I found the most interesting information...

So far, just one EV charger has been built under a $7.5 billion program introduced by President Biden’s 2021 infrastructure bill to expand the charging infrastructure sharply.

A recent study from the Austin-based think tank Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) found that, when taking into account various subsidies and regulatory credits, the actual cost of operating an EV is equivalent to running a gas-powered car with prices at a whopping $17.33 per gallon.
The report found that various subsidies, regulatory credits, and charging costs of an average EV from the model year 2021 add $53,267 to the vehicle’s price over a decade.

Assuming that the EV is driven for 10 years at 120,000 miles, this would make the “true cost of fueling” equivalent to an EV owner paying $17.33 per gallon of gasoline—many times higher than the $1.21 per gallon claimed by other estimates.

“This analysis shows that electricity is a long way from becoming a cost-effective transportation fuel compared to gasoline,” the report reads. “Without increased and sustained government favors, EVs will remain more expensive than ICEVs [internal combustion engine vehicles] for many years to come.”

An earlier study from Anderson Economic Group (AEG) found that, with higher electricity prices, “most traditional gas-powered vehicles cost less to drive than their EV counterparts.”

While the differences varied across segments and depended on whether charging was done at home or commercially, the results of the AEG study made a strong case that going electric simply costs more to run.

As for reliability, a recent Consumer Reports analysis showed that, on average, EVs were found to have had 79 percent more problems than gasoline-powered cars.

The least reliable were plug-in hybrids (PHEV), which had a whopping 146 percent more problems than gas vehicles.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/article/o ... ginoReport
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Sangersteve

Re: Electric vehicles are a huge bust

Postby Sangersteve » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:38 am

When the tax credits go away the abandon ship mode will increase.

Now that the rules around the changing electric vehicle tax credits have been finalized, we know more about what cars will and won't qualify for them come Jan. 1, 2024. For now, at least, quite a few models from General Motors, Ford and even Tesla will lose their credits.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:53 pm

A famous Ronald Reagan quote comes to mind: "The more the plans fail, the more the planners plan."

By now, most of us have seen the reluctant reporting from media outlets checking in with vehicle dealerships around the United States. Car lots are filled with electric vehicles, many with their original sales prices reduced. Most people simply aren’t interested in purchasing an EV despite any mandates being issued by state governments or the White House. There are various reasons for this, including the high cost of these vehicles (despite generous, taxpayer-funded rebates) and the uncertainty of there being sufficient charging stations to keep them running. Now Ford has seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation. In 2024, they will be drastically cutting their production of their “best-selling” EV, the F-150 Lightning. This year, they were producing 3,200 trucks per week. Next year the figure will fall to 1,600. (AEIR)

AEIR describes this development as an example of “what happens when companies heed planners instead of consumers.”

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/12/28 ... ar-n601555

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:28 pm

It seems like the EV craze has peaked already. Growth in gas cars is now far higher than electrics, flipping a trend from 12 months ago. Finally, consumers are figuring it out. This is a good second car, provided you’re driving in your own town, you have a hook-up at home and can charge it overnight, and you don’t suddenly have to go out of town. It’s a toy, sometimes a fun one, but not a real car. For that, you need gas.

The idea that this car is going to transition the United States to “clean energy” is absurd. If every car were electric, the grid would crash and rationing would be the norm. And maybe that’s the whole point. You drive only with permission. Nothing about your transportation is within your control. Authorities will decide everything for you. It’s a perfect strategy for creating a society of dependents.

Fortunately, consumers aren’t playing along. We still live with the remnants of a capitalist system whereby manufacturers have to make profits. So that’s a serious problem for the whole industry. It could very well collapse in 2024.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/c ... ginoReport

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Yes, once we get a real President again, one that knows oil runs the engine of freedom and is the life’s blood of the Western world..this nonsense will go away.

A real President won’t bribe people to buy something they don’t want..for their own silly agenda.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:16 pm

GFB wrote:Yes, once we get a real President again, one that knows oil runs the engine of freedom and is the life’s blood of the Western world..this nonsense will go away.

A real President won’t bribe people to buy something they don’t want..for their own silly agenda.

Keeping up to date on your jabs are you? You should have taken 9 by now according to the "real president".
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:20 pm

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:Yes, once we get a real President again, one that knows oil runs the engine of freedom and is the life’s blood of the Western world..this nonsense will go away.

Keeping up to date on your jabs are you? You should have taken 9 by now according to the "real president".

That was really dumb and uninformed.

Trump had long since left office before anyone other than those 75 and over received even the original shot..and talk of other shots was months away..well into the retard’s Presidency, dipwad.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:19 am

/
GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

Trump had long since left office before anyone other than those 75 and over received even the original shot..and talk of other shots was months away..well into the retard’s Presidency, dipwad.

You just made that up didn't you?
The COVID-19 vaccines first reached all states in Jan 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/health/u ... index.html
Trump didn't leave office until Jan 20, 2021

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:44 am

planosteve wrote:/
GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Keeping up to date on your jabs are you? You should have taken 9 by now according to the "real president".

You just made that up didn't you?
The COVID-19 vaccines first reached all states in Jan 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/health/u ... index.html
Trump didn't leave office until Jan 20, 2021

You’re an idiot.

In January 2020, Covid 19 had not yet widely surfaced in the U.S.

Try reading your own posted article..dated December 2020..if your memory is really this short.

Did I mention you’re an idiot?

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:30 am

I could have sworn this thread "Electric vehicles are a huge bust" was about electric vehicles, & not Covid. Somebody can't stay on target, as usual.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:21 pm

GRANDPA wrote:I could have sworn this thread "Electric vehicles are a huge bust" was about electric vehicles, & not Covid. Somebody can't stay on target, as usual.

Bad enough he can’t stay on target..he launches into 100% lies.

Somebody has to set the bs straight.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Point of reference: Operation Warp Speed wasn't announced until May 15, 2020, and Big Pharma didn't announce the final development of any of the clot shots until just after election day, 2020.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:09 pm

Mark wrote:Point of reference: Operation Warp Speed wasn't announced until May 15, 2020, and Big Pharma didn't announce the final development of any of the clot shots until just after election day, 2020.

Right..and at the very end of 2020, only people 75 and over could get that first shot..and back then..just about EVERYONE was anxious to get the shot..me included. They were not available for the next tier down until well into 2021.

My first shot..very early in the distribution..was in late February 2021.

At that point, still available to seniors 65 and older.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:32 pm

GFB wrote:
Mark wrote:Point of reference: Operation Warp Speed wasn't announced until May 15, 2020, and Big Pharma didn't announce the final development of any of the clot shots until just after election day, 2020.

Right..and at the very end of 2020, only people 75 and over could get that first shot..and back then..just about EVERYONE was anxious to get the shot..me included. They were not available for the next tier down until well into 2021.

My first shot..very early in the distribution..was in late February 2021.

At that point, still available to seniors 65 and older.

I never got any of the shots, and I was within a month of losing my job because of that when Brandon lost every court case in December, 2021.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:33 pm

We’ve got a real President now, unless you’re saying that the election was stolen from Trump.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:53 pm

rusty wrote:

We’ve got a real President now, unless you’re saying that the election was stolen from Trump.

I expect it will depend on the country. In smaller countries with modern road systems they may do very well. Also, in major cities.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:27 pm

rusty wrote:

If this is a "real President", we're doomed.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:11 am

Electrics will improve just like gas powered cars did. People don't still drive around in Model T's anymore.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:17 am

planosteve wrote:Electrics will improve just like gas powered cars did. People don't still drive around in Model T's anymore.

Technological advancements can't be legislated.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:06 am

Mark wrote:
planosteve wrote:Electrics will improve just like gas powered cars did. People don't still drive around in Model T's anymore.

Technological advancements can't be legislated.

And there were no bribes from the government to get people to switch from horses to automobiles..none were needed.

Even the earliest automobiles were a big improvement for people that could afford them. Their lives got instantly better.

Electric cars are agenda driven by leftists.

Return to “Your first forum”