Haley won't debate without Trump

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Haley won't debate without Trump

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 am

Well, that makes sense to me. Unless 45 is not legally qualified he will be the winner. So, why bother.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Another Republican presidential debate has been canceled after Nikki Haley's refusal to participate in any forum that doesn't also include former President Donald Trump, meaning that for the first time in years there will not be an on-the-ground face-off ahead of New Hampshire's primary next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 41f9&ei=32
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Re: Haley won't debate without Trump

Postby GFB » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:38 am

planosteve wrote:Well, that makes sense to me. Unless 45 is not legally qualified he will be the winner. So, why bother.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Another Republican presidential debate has been canceled after Nikki Haley's refusal to participate in any forum that doesn't also include former President Donald Trump, meaning that for the first time in years there will not be an on-the-ground face-off ahead of New Hampshire's primary next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 41f9&ei=32

So, just like all the other liberal Democrats, you’re counting on the courts to keep Trump out of the White House.

Since the voters are showing daily how they love Trump and can’t stand Biden.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:51 pm

Yeah, only I'm not a "liberal" or a "Democrat" and never have been. And Trump will only be able to run if the Supreme Court lets him. :lol:

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:25 pm

Debates don't prove anything anyway. They spend the entire time yelling over each other. No one's mind is changed. They only turn the people off from the process.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:48 pm

GRANDPA wrote:Debates don't prove anything anyway. They spend the entire time yelling over each other. No one's mind is changed. They only turn the people off from the process.
Yeah, and since Chris Christie is out there's going to be nothing worth listening to anyway.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:43 pm

planosteve wrote:
GRANDPA wrote:Debates don't prove anything anyway. They spend the entire time yelling over each other. No one's mind is changed. They only turn the people off from the process.
Yeah, and since Chris Christie is out there's going to be nothing worth listening to anyway.

A moot point. Had he anything worth listening to in the first place, he might still be in the race.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:15 pm

GRANDPA wrote:
planosteve wrote:

A moot point. Had he anything worth listening to in the first place, he might still be in the race.

GRANDPA wrote:
planosteve wrote:

[b]A moot point. Had he anything worth listening to in the first place, he might still be in the race.
Actually, he was the only one that did.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:47 am

The bigger issue here is ABC won’t broadcast the debate if Trump is included. That’s a 1A issue and the ACLU should be all over it.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:13 am

crackertoes wrote:The bigger issue here is ABC won’t broadcast the debate if Trump is included. That’s a 1A issue and the ACLU should be all over it.

ABC News canceled a Republican presidential debate scheduled for Thursday in New Hampshire, after Ron DeSantis was the only candidate who had agreed to participate.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/16/us/p ... ebate.html

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:39 am

President Trump is the only one that got the debates right. So far during this election cycle, not a single hack hosting a debate has been able to twist any of his words around.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:17 am

Mark wrote:President Trump is the only one that got the debates right. So far during this election cycle, not a single hack hosting a debate has been able to twist any of his words around.

He wasn't even at the debates!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:28 pm

planosteve wrote:
Mark wrote:President Trump is the only one that got the debates right. So far during this election cycle, not a single hack hosting a debate has been able to twist any of his words around.

He wasn't even at the debates!

Exactly.

Nimarata has had all of the moderators on her side, and she still failed.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:44 pm

planosteve wrote:
crackertoes wrote:The bigger issue here is ABC won’t broadcast the debate if Trump is included. That’s a 1A issue and the ACLU should be all over it.

ABC News canceled a Republican presidential debate scheduled for Thursday in New Hampshire, after Ron DeSantis was the only candidate who had agreed to participate.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/16/us/p ... ebate.html

My bad. I had heard a different version from another source (international) and clearly they got it wrong or I heard wrong.

In any case, Trump should show up for the debates and abide by the usual debate rules/format. It doesn’t speak well if he doesn’t.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:15 pm

I was a debater in High School. These are not "debates" in any proper sense of the term. They are just timed shouting matches. Trump usually comes out the best because he can shout louder than anyone else. :lol:

Return to “Your first forum”