Trump's 'slurred speech and repeated errors' shows cognitive decline

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Trump's 'slurred speech and repeated errors' shows cognitive decline

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:25 pm

Donald Trump 's cognitive decline is 'more apparent' than Joe Biden's with 'slurred speech and gross, repeated errors' but both are concerning, a professor has warned. Politics professor Paul Quirk from the University of British Columbia assessed both the presidential front runners' cognitive functioning - after a series of gaffes raised questions about their fitness to hold office.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... 9965&ei=38
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

planosteve

Re: Trump's 'slurred speech and repeated errors' shows cognitive decline

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:55 pm

This is ridiculous! They both look like death warmed over. Mumbling and slurring their words.
The whole world must think we are out of our fricken minds here! :roll:

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:12 pm

Retard Thread!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:16 pm

GFB wrote:Retard Thread!

No, not quite, but they are getting there! :D

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Politics professor Paul Quirk.

That's all you need to know about his expertise in aging.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

Sangersteve wrote:Politics professor Paul Quirk.

I don't think you have to be an expert to recognize slurred speech and repeated errors.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 pm

So Robert Hur is credible but Paul Quirk isn’t?

You guys are nuts, as well as dishonest. I can’t believe anyone even went there.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 pm

rusty wrote:

So Robert Hur is credible but Paul Quirk isn’t?

Robert Hur reported what he observed after an interview with Biden, not as an expert on aging.

If you have never had to deal with an aging relative or friend with memory or conative issues, you're a lucky man. If you have had those conversations you know they are necessary to help that person.

Paul Quirk is a political operative with an agenda.

You guys are nuts, as well as dishonest. I can’t believe anyone even went there.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:54 pm

There are lunatics with TDS everywhere trying desperately to paint Donald Trump with Joe Biden’s severe Dementia.

Besides being absurd, it’s going nowhere.

America did not need one of these looney tooney academics to learn about Joe Biden.

We all see and hear every day how severely handicapped he is..we can also hear that Trump is still sharp as a tack.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:03 pm

Longtime political analyst Larry Sabato was asked by CNN anchor Jim Acosta this weekend about former President Donald Trump’s increasingly frequent mental lapses. Trump’s recent verbal slip-ups includes a recent campaign stop when he spoke about former President Barack Obama — alarmingly — as if he were the current occupant of the White House.

In response, Sabato told Acosta the truth: Trump’s supporters “don’t care” if he’s lost a step or two. “The Trump base, which is the biggest part of the Republican base, isn’t listening to any criticism of Trump,” Sabato said.

But the reality is that the rest of us should care about the increased frequency of Trump’s cognitive red flags, since he very well could win the presidency in 2024.

To be clear, I’m not talking about Trump saying outrageous and incendiary remarks or lying to help himself politically. We are all — sadly — used to that Trump. No, this is something far more alarming. In just the past two months of campaigning, Trump’s confusion and errors range from saying he defeated Barack Obama in 2016 to confusing the name of the city and state he was in.

Below is a rundown of just some of his most egregious recent misstatements.

September 16

In a speech to the conservative Pray Vote Stand summit, Trump made a series of errors. He confused Barack Obama with President Joe Biden, first saying he was “leading by a lot” against Obama.” (Obviously, Obama is not running in 2024.)

During that same appearance, Trump declared, “With Obama, we won an election that everyone said couldn’t be won.” Apparently realizing his mistake, Trump then quickly said, “Hillary Clinton’ — his actual opponent in 2016.

Trump also bizarrely claimed that Biden would get the United States into “World War II,” apparently meaning to say World War III.

September 25

During a speech in South Carolina, Trump confused Jeb Bush and his brother, former President George W. Bush. Trump began to reminisce about his 2016 win in the South Carolina GOP primary, telling the audience with typical bombast that, “When I came here, everyone thought Bush was going to win. They thought Bush because Bush supposedly was a military person — great.” He then added about Bush, “He got us into the Middle East. How did that work out, right?”

Fact check: In 2016, Trump defeated Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida who neither served in the military nor led the US into the Iraq war. The person he was referring to was George W. Bush, who Trump never ran against.

October 23

During a speech in New Hampshire, Trump appeared confused about which country Viktor Orban is the president of.

He told the audience: “There’s a man — Viktor Orban — anybody ever hear of him? He’s probably, like, one of the strongest leaders anywhere in the world,” Trump said, adding, “He’s the leader of Turkey.”

Actually, however, Orban is the leader of Hungary. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is the president of Turkey. The two countries aren’t even particularly close geographically.

What made this comment more surprising and unsettling is that Trump knows Orban well. He has a long history of praising the rightwing autocrat. In that same speech, Trump also erred in telling the audience that Orban’s nation shared a border with Russia. In fact, neither Hungary nor Turkey do.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/13/opinions ... index.html

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:45 pm

This may very well be the single most stupid thread ever created on this forum.

Anybody that can pay attention and has even the least little bit of honesty has to acknowledge that President Trump is sharp as a tack.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Mark wrote:This may very well be the single most stupid thread ever created on this forum.

Anybody that can pay attention and has even the least little bit of honesty has to acknowledge that President Trump is sharp as a tack.

Liberals do not have the least little bit of honesty.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:19 pm

GFB wrote:
Mark wrote:This may very well be the single most stupid thread ever created on this forum.

Indeed, "All Leftists are serial liars."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:25 pm

Mark wrote:
GFB wrote:

Indeed, "All Leftists are serial liars."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_or_ ... nald_Trump

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:18 am

They're both too damn old. The 22nd Amendment should have included an age limit as well as a term limit. And not just for president. Yeah, I'm not much younger than them, but then, I'm not running for president.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:52 am

Wikipedia, lol.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:03 am

GRANDPA wrote:They're both too damn old. The 22nd Amendment should have included an age limit as well as a term limit. And not just for president. Yeah, I'm not much younger than them, but then, I'm not running for president.

I did a search and could only find 1 country with an upper age limit requirement to run. It was in Africa.
Apparently, every other country in the world thinks that is a judgement for the voter to make.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:36 pm

Donald Trump made a series of blunders at a rally in Michigan over the weekend, as questions continue to swirl about his mental capacity.

At one point the presidential hopeful reminded voters of the “very important date” of the Michigan state primary – and proceeded to get it wrong.

It comes ahead of the South Carolina primary on 24 February, which is followed by the Michigan primary on 27 February. Mr Trump and former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley are the only two significant Republican candidates who remain in the race.

Addressing voters on Saturday, Mr Trump said: “We need you to get out and vote to set the stage for November.

“Go vote – November 27th. Remember this, that’s a date that is very important.”
Later he admitted that during “my whole life” he had not known what the word “indictment” meant, though he now faces a plethora. Mr Trump also appeared to fumble his stance on electric vehicles.

Ms Haley, UN ambassador under Mr Trump, has questioned how the 77-year-old former president’s mental state will affect his ability to carry out his role should he return to the White House.

During a campaign rally in New Hampshire back in January, Mr Trump repeatedly confused Ms Haley with former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

At the event, he falsely stated that his rival for the Republican presidential nomination had been in charge of Capitol security in Washington, DC, on 6 January 2021, rather than Ms Pelosi – who was actually also not in charge of Capitol security that day.

The former president later tried to claim he had not erred at all with his remarks, but had knowingly mixed-up the two so as to underline his contempt for both women. He went on to complain about the subsequent adverse press coverage he received by observing bitterly: “It’s very hard to be sarcastic.”

He continued: “When I interpose – I’m not a Nikki fan and I’m not a Pelosi fan. When I purposely interpose names, they say he didn’t know Pelosi from Nikki.”

Mr Trump’s increasingly regular slip-ups are somewhat ironic, given his repeated attacks on Joe Biden, whom he has derided as too old to run for president again at 81, even though Mr. Trump himself is only four years younger.

Mr Biden has a decades long history of verbal gaffes, though his mistakes earned new attention following a special counsel report that decided the president shouldn’t face criminal charges for his handling of classified documents.

The report, from Robert Hur, described Mr Biden as an old man with trouble remembering dates, even the date his son Beau died. The president angrily disputed the claim while some of his supporters have sought to characterise elements of Mr Hur’s report as a politically-motivated attack.

The Independent is the world’s most free-thinking news brand, providing global news, commentary and analysis for the independently-minded. We have grown a huge, global readership of independently minded individuals, who value our trusted voice and commitment to positive change. Our mission, making change happen, has never been as important as it is today.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0a59&ei=18

Return to “Your first forum”