Thomas Eric Duncan

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Thomas Eric Duncan

Postby planosteve » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am

From the DMN 3 Oct

Thomas Eric Duncan moved overseas to Dallas to marry the mother of his estranged son, his family has told their church.

Instead, he ended up in an isolation ward as the man who brought Ebola to the United States.

Duncan met Louise Troh in Liberia many years ago, according to the pastor of Troh’s church, Wilshire Baptist in East Dallas.

“They had this child. They had a falling out, and she came to the states,” Wilshire pastor George Mason said Friday.

The son came to the U.S., too, and is now a 19-year-old college student at Angelo State University in San Angelo. Earlier this week, Kasiah Duncan said he had not seen his father since he was 3 years old.

His mother, Troh, joined the church and was baptized this summer. Church officials describe her as the beloved matriarch of an extended family that has been moving to Dallas recently.

Back in Liberia, Duncan had been seeking to join that family.

“The son hasn't really seen his father in many years,” Mason said. “I think ... [Duncan] was seeking reconciliation and hoping they might marry. ... [Troh] was open to that.”

Duncan is believed to have made previous attempts to move, and Troh visited his city, Monrovia, in August, according to her Facebook page.

As fate had it, Duncan didn’t book his ticket until Ebola was ravaging West Africa.

Not long before he flew to Dallas, The New York Times reported, Duncan tried to save a woman dying of Ebola. He helped drive her to the hospital when no ambulance would take her. That’s probably where he caught the deadly virus.

But he never mentioned the incident on a health form at the airport, and he may face criminal charges in Liberia and the United States for lying about his exposure to the virus.

He never told Troh about it either, she has told reporters.

Troh told her story to Mason by phone Thursday from the apartment where Duncan stayed with her and fell ill.

Mason then shared it with his congregation. Wilshire officials say no one from the family has attended church since Duncan arrived, so the congregation is safe from Ebola.

Mason is praying that Troh and Duncan make it through the illness. One day, his church may play host to their wedding.

But for now, no one knows whether Duncan, who remains in serious condition, will survive his illness, and his would-be bride is under quarantine in case she caught it.

“There’s this no man’s land she’s living in right now,” Mason said. “I just assured her that God is with her ... and that we are praying with her. It’s about all we can promise at this point.”
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

planosteve

Re: Thomas Eric Duncan

Postby planosteve » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Radio says he's been moved from serious to critical.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:33 am

Here is a CNN interview with people who say they are Erick's nephew and his mother in N. Carolina. This is the guy that supposedly called the CDC.
Mother Nowi Garta
Nephwe Josephus Weeks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXftrexNwZk

Now, here's a "half brother" Wilford Smallwood, who lives in Pheonix.
http://alternative-news.tk/breaking-video-a-phoenix-man-claiming-to-be-the-half-brother-of-the-man-infected-with-ebola-said-thomas-eric-duncan-tested-negative-for-the-virus-when-he-left-liberia/#a0uhvO59lorq84r7.99

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:26 pm

So what I'm reading is "Oh sh!t, Ebola is raging in liberia, so time for me to start feeling paternal and get out to the US and start feeding off of the US taxpayer while my brother is still in office".

Not stopping the influx of people from infected countries is unbelievable. If this were coming from Sweeden, Denmark, Germany etc. there would have been a travel ban up months ago.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:46 pm

RaisinCain wrote:So what I'm reading is "Oh sh!t, Ebola is raging in liberia, so time for me to start feeling paternal and get out to the US and start feeding off of the US taxpayer while my brother is still in office".

Not stopping the influx of people from infected countries is unbelievable. If this were coming from Sweeden, Denmark, Germany etc. there would have been a travel ban up months ago.

I think the only way it could work is to cancel all visas from those countries and have them reapply after this is over. Depending on the airlines to screen is not going to work.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 pm

I've read that he died...

He could have just as easily died in Liberia and not infected Texans.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm

I think he is still alive, but in critical condition.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:45 pm

But just imagine how large a medical hit the people of Texas and Dallas county write off.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Thomas Duncan, the first person in the United States who was diagnosed with Ebola, was reported to have died today after succumbing to the virus.

Thomas A. Duncan, who became ill with Ebola after arriving from West Africa in Dallas two weeks ago, succumbed to the virus today (Sunday), reportsReuters. Duncan was fighting for his life at a Dallas hospital on today after his condition worsened to critical, according to the director of the US Centers for Disease Control.

This is according to an Israeli news report. The information has not yet been released or confirmed in the United States at the time of publication.

This comes after a veritable comedy of errors. First, Duncan came into the country with the illness. Then, he was turned away from the hospital, even though he told them he had come from Liberia. After that, he went home and exposed numerous people, including children who subsequently attended school. When he returned to the hospital, he vomited on the sidewalk. The vomit was power washed away by workers using no protective gear. He was put in an ambulance and the paramedics were not told he’d been diagnosed with Ebola, as they continued to drive around in the contaminated vehicle for the next two days, hauling patients. The CDC keeps surreptitiously changing information on their website about transmission of the disease, and they refuse to close the border to travelers who’ve been in the area where Ebola has reached epidemic levels.
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/israeli- ... D7YUG.dpuf

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:16 am

LibraryLady wrote:I think he is still alive, but in critical condition.

Yes. I saw a headline that made me think otherwise.

With the irresponsible media of today, it is necessary to verify everything you read, regardless of the source. I failed to do that.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 am

Just announced that Duncan is dead at 10:30 AM

marti

Postby marti » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 am

Sad.
Will we hear when the family members get Ebola or will it be covered up?

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:06 am

marti wrote:Sad.
Will we hear when the family members get Ebola or will it be covered up?

Everything surrounding Ebola is being covered up as much as possible.

"Cover up" is the first inclination of this presidential administration to any situation.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:10 am

Let's hope Ebola in the U.S. dies with him.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Next up will be the news of a vaccine just developed and rushed into production. It will be available at your local doctors and drug stores in just a couple of weeks and you will fully protected. Fortunes are going to be made.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:20 pm

planosteve wrote:Next up will be the news of a vaccine just developed and rushed into production. It will be available at your local doctors and drug stores in just a couple of weeks

..but not for black people.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:51 pm

$65,000 to fumigate the apartment. Wait till Perry's pandemic hits and there's 1,000 cases a week. That should be fun to watch. :D

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Now that he's dead. What will happen to the body? Will they burn it, autopsy it, or maybe give it a "decent burial" at some local place?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:46 pm

He will be cremated according to CDC guidelines. The cremated remains will not be infectious and the family can do with them as they wish.

Return to “Your first forum”