Too dangerous for kids

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Too dangerous for kids

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:55 am

After what must have been a few collective espressos and a few more microbrews too many, the public education system in the state of Washington has officially gone off the deep end.

The most recent example comes from the southeastern Washington city of Richland, where school officials have decided to purge swings from the playground because some kid might get hurt, according to CBS Seattle.

Local school playgrounds are already bereft of swing sets. Local parks may be next.

“It’s just really a safety issue,” school district spokesman Steve Aagard told local CBS affiliate KEPR. Swings have been determined to be the most unsafe of all the playground equipment on a playground.”
It's a joke son,I say a joke

dublusk

Re: Too dangerous for kids

Postby dublusk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:09 am

How did we ever survive childhood?

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:42 am

So now that the swings are removed, something else has to move to the top of the "dangerous playground equipment" list. I wonder what it is, and how long it will be before it is removed?

truep

Postby truep » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 pm

While I think this is stupid< i must remember that on the last day of school in first grade, I jumped out of a swing and broke my arm. It was my fault and I never did that again!
If I had to ban something, It would be the playground! When I was about 12, I was standing on the rails of the parks watching a baseball game (not a smart move) and the girl
that lived down the street from me( the fat ugly one) gave it a spin! My legs were just a little short to hit the floor and I caught the crossbar right in the crotch! Needless to say it
hurt like HELL. Years later I ran into her at a bar (while I was in the Army) I didn't recognize her! She had turned into a super fox! I will never forget the pain of the merry go round, an d how she made up for it!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:40 pm

My son jumped out of a swing at a city park, landed funny, and had to have surgery to put pins in his elbow. I didn't sue anybody.

Return to “Your first forum”