The nurse who wants to sue about isolation

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

The nurse who wants to sue about isolation

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:37 am

I was pretty annoyed with her....but am willing to cut her some slack when I learned that she is in a tent in the parking lot of the hospital with a porta potty. No shower facility. Don't know if she can get TV out there.

That IS pretty bad accommodations for 3 weeks.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

BigTex

Re: The nurse who wants to sue about isolation

Postby BigTex » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 am

What were her living conditions in Africa?

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 am

I think it's crazy. Inhumane. certainly a violation of human, if not civil rights.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lated.html
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 am

BigTex wrote:What were her living conditions in Africa?

Since she is in America now, what difference could/should THAT make?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:53 am

I don't see how they can claim on the one hand that you are not contageous unless you are symptomatic and force someone who is not to stay in seclusion. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:18 am

Ric wrote:
BigTex wrote:What were her living conditions in Africa?

Since she is in America now, what difference could/should THAT make?

None to some.

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm

LibraryLady wrote:I was pretty annoyed with her....but am willing to cut her some slack when I learned that she is in a tent in the parking lot of the hospital with a porta potty. No shower facility. Don't know if she can get TV out there.

I agree that the accommodations are bad, but it would seem that this issue could be addressed.

It is incredibly selfish to expect to go an Ebola infected country (especially after you have immersed yourself in the direct environs of the disease itself) and then just come back over here and walk amongst the rest of us. We already have the NY doctor who arrogantly considered himself bulletproof and through his actions could have infected others.

Forget her rights for a moment, what about your rights to be able to walk around safely. You didn't volunteer to go over and risk your life, she did (admirably). So what right does she have to assume she's clean (like NY dr.) then come walking around you, possibly endangering your well-being? And those around you?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Just another selfish look at me do gooder.

She has a tent and a porta pot - BFD, I'll bet hundreds of our Military would exchange lodging with her.
Last edited by Red Oak on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Not a big fan of "liberals without borders."
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Forget her rights for a moment, what about your rights to be able to walk around safely
Where do I find a document that guarantees my right to walk around safely? :D
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Is a bona fide nutcase.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:49 pm

RaisinCain wrote:
LibraryLady wrote:I was pretty annoyed with her....but am willing to cut her some slack when I learned that she is in a tent in the parking lot of the hospital with a porta potty. No shower facility. Don't know if she can get TV out there.

I agree that the accommodations are bad, but it would seem that this issue could be addressed.

It is incredibly selfish to expect to go an Ebola infected country (especially after you have immersed yourself in the direct environs of the disease itself) and then just come back over here and walk amongst the rest of us. We already have the NY doctor who arrogantly considered himself bulletproof and through his actions could have infected others.

Forget her rights for a moment, what about your rights to be able to walk around safely. You didn't volunteer to go over and risk your life, she did (admirably). So what right does she have to assume she's clean (like NY dr.) then come walking around you, possibly endangering your well-being? And those around you?

I agree with you.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Return to “Your first forum”