If you are buying a new appliance.....

Description of your first forum.
tx3653

If you are buying a new appliance.....

Postby tx3653 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:20 pm

The dishwasher is full. Hasn't been run for a couple days. I ran the water until it got hot enough, closed the door and pushed the power button. Nothing! tried a couple of times, same result. Went to the garage to check the power grid. Nothing out of whack there but just for the heck of it I turned off then back on the switch labeled Dishwasher. Back to the kitchen, pressed on the DW power button. Nothing again. I called Lowes service and after 10 minutes talking to them they scheduled service for it for tomorrow. Sometime between 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. I'm leaving the dishes in it and hoping that Callahan's Appliance will bring the right part with them. They should this is the second time this has happened.

If you are looking for new appliances, know that every Samsung appliance we have has had at least 2 service calls. Buy the extended warranty. I always buy it and it has paid off 90+% of the time. In 3 years we have had 9 service calls on our 4 Samsung appliances. (We bought them all at the same time.) Number 10 comes tomorrow.

crocmommy

Re: If you are buying a new appliance.....

Postby crocmommy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Seems like I have heard that about Samsung appliances. Thankfully their phones work better.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Sounds like the moral of the story is: avoid Samsung appliances.
:D

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Ric

Postby Ric » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:01 pm

So? Update?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 am

From yesterday's dishwasher problem:
4:20 P.M. - Callahan's repair guy just left. He has to order a new control board. We bought the dishwasher in 3/2011. In 2012 Samsung updated the control boards on their new machines to eliminate the problem we are having. (It is getting power, just not distributing it where it's needed.) He said the newer DWs are so reliable that they no longer stock that control board. Probably will take up to 7 days to come in. I'm going to Target tomorrow and buy some throw away plates, Etc. to use until the part arrives and is installed!

In the meantime, I have washed half the load that was in it. Still have all the glasses and silverware to go. Will make my Target visit later this morning to get some throw away stuff.

Ric

Postby Ric » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:18 am

That bites.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:35 am

Yuck, Samsung should offer you a substantial discount on a new model and quit try to fix that one.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:07 pm

buy from a small local repairman. they know the good brands.

if they dont have what you like, you walk away with valuable info
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Return to “Your first forum”