Do you use a Keurig?

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Do you use a Keurig?

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:28 pm

This clip helps beat the cost of the coffee.

http://www.gourmet-coffee.com/Keurig-DRM-Freedom-Clip.html

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

GRANDPA

Re: Do you use a Keurig?

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 am

I got one for my wife for Xmas. $139 at WM, but I also got a $50 gift card with it. A very short time store special. To be honest, I can't taste the difference between coffee from that and from a $20 Mr Coffee we used to have. I bet my wife couldn't either. It takes up a lot of counter space. Then there's the rack that holds to coffee things. Jeez.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 am

They've had the refillable cups for a long time. We have one, used it a time or two and now I have no idea where it is. We get 54 cups for $24.95 at Walmart in Garland. We haven't found them at other Walmarts we go to. I did find a package of 36 at the Rockwall Walmart and bought it. Sometimes my husband orders from amazon.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am

My mother got the new Keurig as a gift. She has tried to give it to me, but I don't want to fool with it since I can't make my own cups. I have some of the refillable cups that I use with my old keurig. I rarely buy the premade cups. Less waste. And the new machine does take up too much counter space.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am

We've been wanting one for the longest time for those times when we just want one.more.cup and don't want to make a new full 12-cup pot (which is all our commercial machine will do). So, in an effort to stage part of our house better, we got one. Set it up. Looks great! Aaaand... we haven't used it yet. :roll:
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am

I use mine every day.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:31 pm

We certainly do, too, Greg. I just want black coffee, no flavored coffee for me. But my husband likes to try different coffees. I get up early and used to make the coffee. Steve stays up half the night so sometimes it's 3 hours that coffee has been sitting. So a Keurig works out for us very well. It's actually the only appliance on my counter on that side of the kitchen.

Jami

Postby Jami » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm

I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning so the Keurig is perfect for me.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:04 pm

ann jusko wrote:They've had the refillable cups for a long time. We have one, used it a time or two and now I have no idea where it is. We get 54 cups for $24.95 at Walmart in Garland. We haven't found them at other Walmarts we go to. I did find a package of 36 at the Rockwall Walmart and bought it. Sometimes my husband orders from amazon.

Refillable cups?
Aren't all cups refillable?
I have one I've been refilling for 30 years.

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm

GFB wrote:I use mine every day.

+1
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:56 am

I never drink coffee. Never have. About every other year, my mom asks me if we use a Keurig (I assume because she has found a good deal on the coffee). Thanks, mom, I still don't drink coffee.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 am

.oops..
Last edited by GFB on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:05 am

GFB wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:I never drink coffee. Never have. About every other year, my mom asks me if we use a Keurig (I assume because she has found a good deal on the coffee). Thanks, mom, I still don't drink coffee.

If you're a tea or iced tea guy..they're great and convenient for that as well.

Once or twice a week I make coffee in mine..most days I'm making tea.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:00 am

Only when I'm visiting my parents.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Don't have one, don't want one.

A friend gave us a coffee maker that makes 2 cups at a time. The carafe is actually an insulated cup that holds 2 cups.
Husband loves it.
i like it OK, but don't like all the space it takes up, since our kitchen is so small.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:12 pm

I have had 3 Keurigs (they were not very reliable when they first came out.). Bed, Bath & Beyond is very good about bad items being returned! Cuisinart has a much more reliable machine but it looks like something from a dinosaur movie.

I usually have one cup of coffee a day and love the selection I can make with the K-cups. I'm not big on flavored coffee or creamers. My wife has several cups of Hazelnut DE café with Carmel flavored creamer. We haven't made coffee in any other manner for several years, and I will not pay some café $2 for a cup of coffee that's not nearly as good as the one I can make at home for 40-70 cents.

Houston

Postby Houston » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 am

when those used cups are found on the roadways around Dallas the city council will ban the cups and
y'all gonna have to go out in the suburbs to get refills. the land fills will be over run with used cups. LOL
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 am

Speaking of city council, did you see that Seattle has cracked down on trash that contains food items and food containers? They must compost pizza boxes, Chinese takeout containers, etc. They will put a red (or was it green?)tag on your trash container for the first offense. Then it works up to some heavy fines if you continue to do that. What about the elderly widow who can't really keep up a compost pile or someone who has one of the tiny lots and there's no room. I'm sure those in apartments are exempt. But we're talking Seattle so.........

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:37 am

In Ottawa, Ontario, the city also gives fines for not following recycling rules.

Ottawa has a city compost facility, so even apartment dwellers must participate.
If the trash men PU and see you have not followed the rules, you get a warning and then a fine. Don't know the amount of fine, but it was enough that our son was in fear of being fined. Ottawa has a particular day to put out the different categories of recycling or compost.

Our son freezes the compost materials during warm weather and then puts the frozen lump out in the container on compost day.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:42 am

NPR had an article about kcups and landfills. (how many are going out to the landfill)
Here is a link to a story about how many are out there.

http://business-ethics.com/2014/03/24/the-environmental-impact-of-coffee-k-cups/

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Return to “Your first forum”