Which is the dumbest, most meaningless sporting event?

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Which is the dumbest, most meaningless sporting event?

Postby planosteve » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:57 am

The Pro Bowl or the All-Star game?
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Re: Which is the dumbest, most meaningless sporting event?

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:22 am

Couldn't tell you..never seen either one.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:24 am

planosteve wrote:The Pro Bowl or the All-Star game?

Dog shows? Figure skating?
There are a lot of them.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:27 am

Any soccer game.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:40 am

Synchronized Swimming
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:49 am

Man..tough crowd!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 am

Pro wrestling.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:55 am

Mark wrote:Any soccer game.
+1. The most dismal of all sports.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:35 am

I am going to assume that the All Star game in question is the NBA All Star game. So I am choosing between that and the NFL Pro Bowl.

I watch neither. But I would say the Pro Bowl is more meaningless. Since the game occurs (now) during the Super Bowl festivities, some all-star players don't participate because they are preparing for the Big Game. And since it occurs at the end of the season, players who don't want to participate can just say they are injured. Also, they have now gone to tricking the game up to try to make it more interesting. Which means it is failing.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Mark wrote:Any soccer game.

Yep. Totally agree.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:45 pm

I think one of the problems for the typical American sports fan with soccer has to do with the lack of quality "over the TV" production values.

Too many long view camera angles, not enough close up action..and also a general lack of understanding of the game for many Americans.

But on the other hand, Americans justifiably have little tolerance for athletes faking injuries as part of the game..and athletes acting like drama queens.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:56 pm

GFB wrote:I think one of the problems for the typical American sports fan with soccer has to do with the lack of quality "over the TV" production values.

Too many long view camera angles, not enough close up action..and also a general lack of understanding of the game for many Americans.

But on the other hand, Americans justifiably have little tolerance for athletes faking injuries as part of the game..and athletes acting like drama queens.

Drama queens? Check about any sport including but not limited to baseball, hockey, football, tennis.

Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth I dated a city league soccer player in Austin. I really enjoyed watching the games. Very face paced and plenty of action.........oh, and lots of very cute and fit guys. :D

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:02 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:I think one of the problems for the typical American sports fan with soccer has to do with the lack of quality "over the TV" production values.

Drama queens? Check about any sport including but not limited to baseball, hockey, football, tennis.

Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth I dated a city league soccer player in Austin. I really enjoyed watching the games. Very face paced and plenty of action.........oh, and lots of very cute and fit guys. :D

But there is an ekement to international soccer in which they fake injuries, fake getting tripped..fake anything with great melodrama..of which is not present in other sports.

..and I'm a big World Cup fan.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:05 pm

..especially when Germany wins!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:00 pm

I predict the West will win tonight. By a lot!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:41 am

GFB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

But there is an ekement to international soccer in which they fake injuries, fake getting tripped..fake anything with great melodrama..of which is not present in other sports.

..and I'm a big World Cup fan.

Ditto. Fortunately, in international soccer they have a magic spray for when the snipers are out. The players go down, but a little magic spray goes a long way.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:46 am

millergrovesue wrote:

In city league play, someone faking an injury the way the international players do would be an embarrassment to his team. The Americans refuse to engage in that sort of foolishness, because they correctly consider it to be unmanly behavior.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:17 am

jellowrestling wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

In city league play, someone faking an injury the way the international players do would be an embarrassment to his team. The Americans refuse to engage in that sort of foolishness, because they correctly consider it to be unmanly behavior.

Actually, I saw a goodly number of drama injuries in the hundreds of games I watched.

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:06 pm

[quote="BigTex"]I am going to assume that the All Star game in question is the NBA All Star game. So I am choosing between that and the NFL Pro Bowl.

Why would you assume that? When I hear All Star Game, I hear Baseball. And even that, even though it now supposedly has meaning, is a stretch.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:14 pm

The question was posed the weekend of the NBA All-Star game.

Return to “Your first forum”