Did O'Reilly lie about his war reporting?

Description of your first forum.
BillB

Did O'Reilly lie about his war reporting?

Postby BillB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:45 am

O'Reilly stated:

“I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete,” O’Reilly said, for instance, during a 2013 segment on his program.

O'Reilly was never in the Falklands.

Here's his explanation:

“I never said I was in the Falkland islands — ever. I said I covered the Falkland Islands War...”

I believe he did say he was in the Falkland Islands. My nose twitches when I read his explanation. It doesn't pass the smell test.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02 ... h-of-lies/

ralph

Re: Did O'Reilly lie about his war reporting?

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 am

I'm ready to hang him these last 10 years , I have no use for him due to his know it all attitude . Plus he doesn't know guns but talks about them like he does and that is bad news for listeners that aren't real gun savvy . Plus I see him as weak on his forgiving statements and attitude on mrobama . Plus , I disagree with his statements on policies like stop and frisk in New York city . So yeah , this story might get him hung and that's ok with me !!
Last edited by ralph on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Houston

Postby Houston » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 am

he probably was reviewing an Al SharpTongue piece and it clouded his thinking
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:26 am

I don't see this as anything substantial, yes he did say Falklands, but viewed in context, Falklands was a descriptor. As in "I was in Deep Ellum,Dallas" Most don't even remember that conflict, so his statement, while a bit tortured, was descriptive of the area.

Feel free to not like O'Reilly, just remember he is number 1 in the cable ratings, and if that is all you have over the period of his career it's a bit of a stretch.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 am

With Bill-0 there is a "tell" to watch for that will signal that he is lying. Just turn down the sound and watch his face very closely. When you see his mouth move you will know that he is lying. :D
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 am

well , I watch him so I'm part of the problem but he does report current events and that's all I'm interested in . I just have no use for his spin on things and his politics but I decide when he is spinning and lying . I just see this story as maybe an easy way to embarrass or mess him up .

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 am

Bill forgot to mention Brian Williams was the driver involved in that terrible accident.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 am

Don't watch him
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 am

Now that the Brian Williams incident has everybody in "gotcha" mode, we will probably be hearing about a lot of cases of stretched truth from journalists/talking heads.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:13 am

yep , listening to Rush , he just announced the Bill Orealy 'make it up day' !! Course Rush sounds sympathetic to 'orealy' . Course as Rush just pointed out 'orealy' isn't looked at as hard news anchor .

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 am

It was 33 years ago?

..joke.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 pm

yeah Greg , I just hope that 'orealy' ends up having a problem . As said , the sleuths are sleuthing .

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Sangersteve wrote:I don't see this as anything substantial, yes he did say Falklands, but viewed in context, Falklands was a descriptor. As in "I was in Deep Ellum,Dallas" Most don't even remember that conflict, so his statement, while a bit tortured, was descriptive of the area.

Feel free to not like O'Reilly, just remember he is number 1 in the cable ratings, and if that is all you have over the period of his career it's a bit of a stretch.

"I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands..."

Which war zone was he in?
He wasn't in one.
Was he in the Falklands?
No.

He's a liar. There isn't any way to parse what he said to make it anything other than a lie.

There will be more come out, just like in Williams' case. People are looking back and they'll find plenty.
A liar doesn't limit himself to one lie.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

BillB wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:I don't see this as anything substantial, yes he did say Falklands, but viewed in context, Falklands was a descriptor. As in "I was in Deep Ellum,Dallas" Most don't even remember that conflict, so his statement, while a bit tortured, was descriptive of the area.

"I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands..."

Which war zone was he in?
He wasn't in one.
Was he in the Falklands?
No.

He's a liar. There isn't any way to parse what he said to make it anything other than a lie.

There will be more come out, just like in Williams' case. People are looking back and they'll find plenty.
A liar doesn't limit himself to one lie.

Oh, so if nothing else comes out..I guess he's not a liar after all.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Supposedly in one of his books this text appears:

"You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

That is either the truth or a lie, no two ways about it. He has also claimed to have been "in the middle of firefights in Central and South America." If true there will certainly be reportage done at the time to back that up.

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Kiamichi wrote:Supposedly in one of his books this text appears:

"You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

That is either the truth or a lie, no two ways about it. He has also claimed to have been "in the middle of firefights in Central and South America." If true there will certainly be reportage done at the time to back that up.

He has also said he was in combat zones in the Mid East and Northern Ireland.

I thought it odd that O'Reilly was one of Brian Williams' chief defenders. I guess we know why.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Bill-0 went on a rant tonight on how he had been in the riots in Buenos Aires. He set up a smokescreen that ignored the allegation by David Corn that he claimed he was in the Faulken Islands during the war. He had Geraldo and Bernie to support him. As usual.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Bill-0 went on a rant tonight on how he had been in the riots in Buenos Aires. He set up a smokescreen that ignored the allegation by David Corn that he claimed he was in the Faulken Islands during the war. He had Geraldo and Bernie to support him. As usual.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:36 pm

yep , saw it Steve !!

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 pm

O'Reilly is digging himself even deeper with his cover up attempts, while the list of lies he has told is growing.

He can, and should, end it now by saying something like this:
'Yes, I lied about my experiences. I did it because I am a pathological liar.'

If he does this, what else can be thrown at him? Nothing.
He'll keep his job at FOX and in a couple of months it will be forgotten about.

Return to “Your first forum”