net neutraliy passes

Description of your first forum.
ralph

net neutraliy passes

Postby ralph » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

net neutrality passes . I don't fully understand the implications although I think that the internet is now regulated and no longer free ideas and speech .

GRANDPA

Re: net neutraliy passes

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't know a lot about it either, but I fear you are right.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:26 pm

and I just heard the announcement on El Rushbo so I really should hunt up a link .

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 pm

I still don't know what it means but here is some info . --- http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31638528 --- Internet has always worked fine for me .

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm

I believe this is the 2nd attempt by the FCC to take control of the internet. The first time they were slapped down by the courts. So, they regrouped and came up with this "Net Neutrality" nonesence. We're not even allowed to see the actual regulation. It is supposed to assure "fairness" even though the internet is designed to be decentralized and nobody is complaining that it is unfair.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:18 pm

What the government is regulating is the fee charged for the speed of your connection.
ATT, and others (but ATT has been screaming loudly) wanted to charge you more for what you were using--so streaming a video would cost more than writing an email, posting here or browsing and reading the news. I think posting things that used more bandwidth would also have come with a larger fee. Peons like me think that it should be 1 fee--hence the term net neutrality.

I wonder what ATT will do. For awhile they proclaimed that ATT would not increase fiber optic lines etc if they didn't get to charge more.
The companies such as Netflicks/Hulu were in favor of net neutrality.

--this is my understanding of the topic.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:46 pm

planosteve wrote:It is supposed to assure "fairness" even though the internet is designed to be decentralized and nobody is complaining that it is unfair.

Oh, Jeez, there's that word 'fairness'.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Who believes this stops at regulating cost of internet speed?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Net neutrality is more about who gets inline first for delivery. Big providers like At&t pay more to deliver your content in a faster bit speed. Now this site and the big boys are on equal footing. Fair but not conducive to seamless delivery.

Dallas Mavericks owner and investor Mark Cuban predicted that proposed FCC Internet regulations will end up impacting TV and “your TV as you know it is over” on Thursday’s “Squawk Alley” on CNBC.

Cuban began by predicting “the courts will rule the Internet for the next however many years.” He then explained, “let’s just take it all the way through its logical conclusion. All bits are bits, all bits are equal. If all bits are equal, then let’s look at what a stream bit is an example. So when Henry and I do an interview, and it’s streamed lived on the Internet, there’s a camera, it goes through an encoder, it sends it out via server or some manner to the Internet, you click on Business Insider and you watch the stream, right? Now, let’s look at CNBC on Comcast. There’s cameras right in front of you, they go through a switcher, they go through an encoder, it’s put through a server, it goes to Comcast, and it’s streamed in a managed service environment to television. It’s the exact same thing. And if it’s the exact same thing technologically and all bits are equal, then why shouldn’t CNBC and all TV networks that are delivered on cable, and Telco, and fiber like Verizon, why shouldn’t they be part of the open Internet as well? And if they are and all bits are equal, now, let’s take it one step further. It’s the purview of the FCC now. The FCC, right? So, the FCC now has to apply their same standards to content, don’t they, that they do to television content because that’s where it is and there’s going to be certain citizens who think ‘well now, since all content is delivered over the Internet because all bits are bits, and it’s a fair, and open, and equal Internet — decency standards.’ And remember the FCC is the same agency that fought Nipplegate for eight years over a wardrobe malfunction.”

He added, “your TV as you know it is over.”

Cuban further said that due to court and regulatory battles that will ensue if the proposed regulations are adopted, innovation online will be halted, declaring “if you love the Internet the way you know it today, this is what you’re going to have for a long time. But, if you’re like me, and you think the best is yet to come, then you don’t the FCC involved because of all the uncertainty.”

Cuban also commented on the transparency regarding of the FCC’s regulation process, sarcastically remarking “lots of transparency, right? Yeah, Lots of transparency.” And “that’s the FCC, that’s the Department of Internet that we’re going to get, no transparency.”

It's a joke son,I say a joke

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm

And Cuban voted for Obama. Twice.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm

And Cuban voted for Obama. Twice.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 pm

LibraryLady wrote:What the government is regulating is the fee charged for the speed of your connection.
ATT, and others (but ATT has been screaming loudly) wanted to charge you more for what you were using--so streaming a video would cost more than writing an email, posting here or browsing and reading the news. I think posting things that used more bandwidth would also have come with a larger fee. Peons like me think that it should be 1 fee--hence the term net neutrality.

I wonder what ATT will do. For awhile they proclaimed that ATT would not increase fiber optic lines etc if they didn't get to charge more.
The companies such as Netflicks/Hulu were in favor of net neutrality.

--this is my understanding of the topic.

And Social Security is insurance and your number would never be used for identification, and if you like our Doctor you can keep your Doctor :roll:

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:56 am

LibraryLady wrote:
And Social Security is insurance and your number would never be used for identification, and if you like our Doctor you can keep your Doctor :roll:

Don't think anyone has said it today.......yet. Worst President EVER
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am

Ron Paul's statement on "net neutrality".

Today the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), a non-elected federal government agency, voted three-to-two to reclassify broadband Internet as a common carrier service under Title II of the Communications Act. This means that – without the vote of Congress, the peoples’ branch of government – a federal agency now claims the power to regulate the Internet. I am surprised that even among civil liberties groups, some claim the federal government increasing regulation of the Internet somehow increases our freedom and liberty.

The truth is very different. The adoption of these FCC rules on the Internet represents the largest regulatory power grab in recent history. The FCC’s newly adopted rule takes the most dynamic means of communication and imposes the regulatory structure designed for public utilities. Federal regulation could also open the door to de facto censorship of ideas perceived as threatening to the political class – ideas like the troops should be brought home, the PATRIOT Act should be repealed, military spending and corporate welfare should be cut, and the Federal Reserve should be audited and ended.

The one bright spot in this otherwise disastrous move is that federal regulations making it more difficult to use the Internet will cause more Americans to join our movement for liberty, peace, and prosperity. The federal government should keep its hands off of the Internet!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 am

This is going to turn into one of the biggest "grabs" by the federal government of our liberties. How bad could it get? I think it's going to be very bad and very frustrating.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 am

It's only a matter of time before the FCC becomes "The Ministry of Truth". But, it is a world wide web. They can't control content outside the US. So, they will cut off access and we will have an internet like North Korea.

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:52 am

Two other countries regulate internet access. We are now in the company of North Korea and China.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Get ready for . . . low income = free internet.

If you can afford to pay for your internet service, you're going to get hit with a tax . . . to fund the above.

Just a hunch.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm

to be 'fair'
every shack on the side of a mountain must have access to the same speed as me.

and those money grubbing companies will be forced to pay for it.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:37 pm

I like John in Austins comment , wow , thank you mrobama supporters !!

Return to “Your first forum”