guns are barreling back , thanks ladies

Description of your first forum.
ralph

guns are barreling back , thanks ladies

Postby ralph » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:42 pm

guess that women are buying lots of guns . --- http://fortune.com/2015/03/06/gun-boom- ... nd-wesson/ --- Thank You Ladies !!

jellowrestling

Re: guns are barreling back , thanks ladies

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 pm

The gun market will be an interesting one to watch later this year, as presidential campaigns heat up, since sales in the space are so tied to politics. When Obama was first elected, gun sales rose because gun lovers feared a crackdown. But Ruttenbur says that at the time, “many people said that if Hillary [Clinton] had been the one elected, sales would have really gone crazy.”

In other words, Smith & Wesson may be rooting for a particular candidate in 2016.

Uh, no.

Houston

Postby Houston » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:43 am

interesting. dont mess with Texas women
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:20 am

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _poll.html
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 am

John in Plano wrote:According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _poll.html

Yeah I'm having a difficult time picturing the millenials as gun owners.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 am

didn't click the link but who tells a researcher anything other than , hey , mind your own business especially when question get personal . That being said , I know some young 'wal mart' workers that own guns , AR15 is something they take pride in owning . They are probably millennial because they also take pride in their stretched earlobes and tats .

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:39 am

mort... some more from the link.

The General Social Survey is conducted by NORC, an independent research organization based at the University of Chicago, with money from the National Science Foundation. Because of its long-running and comprehensive set of questions about the demographics, behaviors and attitudes of the American public, it is a highly regarded source of data about social trends.

Data from the 2014 survey was released last week, and an analysis of its findings on gun ownership and attitudes toward gun permits was conducted by General Social Survey staff.

The drop in the number of Americans who own a gun or live in a household with one is probably linked to a decline in the popularity of hunting, from 32 percent who said they lived in a household with at least one hunter in 1977 to less than half that number saying so now.

That the number of households with at least one gun is declining doesn't necessarily mean that the number being purchased is on the decline. Data from the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check system shows that in recent years there's actually been an increase in the number of background checks being run, suggesting the total number of firearms being purchased is going up.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:07 am

thanks JIP !! --- Ralph

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 pm

I trust the National Science Foundation about as much as I trust Obongo... :)

That being said, if my enemies are disarming themselves, good !

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 am

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Got a call from the NRA yesterday on my phone...somehow they got my number confused with my boss's number. Had to explain to my girls what the NRA is. I explained to them that while I don't feel comfortable owning or carrying a gun, I support anyone who does. If I had a job in a bad part of town or had to carry lots of cash, I would have to get over it and carry one too.

Return to “Your first forum”