Kathy Griffin...

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Kathy Griffin...

Postby crocmommy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:51 pm

What are your thoughts on her? I've never been too fond of her and don't find her funny. She is NOT Joan Rivers.

Anyway, I'm not aware of the comments that started all the turmoil mentioned in the article. I used to watch Fashion Police some when Joan Rivers was on it.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kathy-griffin-surprised-reaction-fashion-police-exit-2015153

Kathy Griffin made an unexpected announcement earlier this week when she left E!'s Fashion Police after hosting the show for just seven episodes. But more shocking for the comedienne than her decision to leave was what happened next.

PHOTOS: Joan Rivers' impressive life and career

"It just didn't work out," Griffin, 54, said at stand-up comedy show Friday in Connecticut (via The Hollywood Reporter). "I'm surprised that people are so invested in this show. But I shouldn't be because Joan [Rivers] was so incredible and amazing, and it just wasn't the right thing for me."

PHOTOS: Joan Rivers remembered by costars and friends

Griffin confirmed her exit from the late Joan Rivers' former show on Thursday. To explain the news, she posted a lengthy Instagram message, writing, "I thought that I could bring my brand of humor to Fashion Police so that beautiful people in beautiful dresses could be teased when appropriate…There is plenty to make fun of in pop culture without bringing people's bodies into it…But I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment ... z3UUPYETjo
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Red Oak

Re: Kathy Griffin...

Postby Red Oak » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:17 pm

I think she is really Carrot Top in drag.

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Red Oak wrote:I think she is really Carrot Top in drag.

Could be. To my thinking she is not funny. She's mean spirited and just plain mean. But then I thought the same of Joan Rivers. Happy to say I haven't seen either Carrot Top or Kathy much over the years.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Everything you need to know about this classy lady.

Kathy Griffin is blowing off the controversy surrounding her brazen attempt to simulate oral sex on co-host Anderson Cooper during CNN’s live coverage on New Year’s Eve.

Two days after shocking Cooper and the rest of the watching public by referring to the veteran newsman’s genitalia on air and later attempting to simulate oral sex on him, Griffin shrugged it off during an interview on CBS’ “Late Show With David Letterman.”

“If you think this is the part where I’m going to apologize for trying to go down on Anderson Cooper, you are sorely mistaken,” Griffin said Wednesday night.

“I tried, ladies and gays, I tried for you,” she added, turning to the studio crowd.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:20 pm

I can take Kathy Griffin in small doses. She is a little mean-spirited, but so what? She's giving the people what they want. If there were no Kathy Griffin, our celebrity-obsessed culture would have to find a substitute, and then bitch about her too.

I will say one thing. Anybody who uses a plastic surgeon other than the one she uses is wasting their money.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm

I guess I'm blessed by not knowing who Kathy Griffin is.
I'll try to keep it that way.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:43 pm

I never thought Joan Rivers had any talent. Kathy follows in those same footsteps. Female Don Rickels without his talent.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:15 pm

I don't think it's possible for one of the Goyim to be as foul mouthed as Rivers was. Or as funny.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:25 am

tx3653 wrote:I never thought Joan Rivers had any talent. Kathy follows in those same footsteps. Female Don Rickels without his talent.

I never liked Rickels either but agree with the rest of the statement.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:55 am

I, thankfully, have seen her only once--on a NYE show.
I found her vulgar and not funny. After that one exposure to her "talent" I have made it a point to avoid any show that featured her.

I don't care for Don Rickles and try to avoid him as much as possible.

Joan Rivers- back when she was new to TV, I thought she was funny but as she was on TV more and more, she became too brazen for me. I avoided her also.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 am

LibraryLady wrote:I, thankfully, have seen her only once--on a NYE show.
I found her vulgar and not funny. After that one exposure to her "talent" I have made it a point to avoid any show that featured her.

I don't care for Don Rickles and try to avoid him as much as possible.

Joan Rivers- back when she was new to TV, I thought she was funny but as she was on TV more and more, she became too brazen for me. I avoided her also.

Me too on all of 'em. The Anderson Cooper thing was just plain nasty.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 am

Don't watch her, saw ads for the d list it looked stupid and not interested in knowing what other "stuff" she's done.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 am

If you find Kathy Griffin distasteful I suggest you stay away from pretty much any Will Farrell, Melissa MCCarthy, Farrelly Brothers, or Judd Apatow movie.

And you might want to steer clear of Blazing Saddles as well.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 am

Blazing Saddles is a classic that couldn't be made today.

Kathy can be easily replaced.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:00 am

BigTex wrote:If you find Kathy Griffin distasteful I suggest you stay away from pretty much any Will Farrell, Melissa MCCarthy, Farrelly Brothers, or Judd Apatow movie.

I don't care for most of what Will Farrell does either. But he is different than Griffin. She just gets so vulgar at times. Her gay humor is not amusing to me either.

I've never watched the whole blazing saddles movie, but have laughed at some of what I've seen. Another movie I like that you couldn't make now is The Jerk. No way he gets by with some of that stuff now. It's not even the same movie when it comes on regular channels.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 am

crocmommy wrote:
BigTex wrote:If you find Kathy Griffin distasteful I suggest you stay away from pretty much any Will Farrell, Melissa MCCarthy, Farrelly Brothers, or Judd Apatow movie.

I don't care for most of what Will Farrell does either. But he is different than Griffin. She just gets so vulgar at times. Her gay humor is not amusing to me either.

I've never watched the whole blazing saddles movie, but have laughed at some of what I've seen. Another movie I like that you couldn't make now is The Jerk. No way he gets by with some of that stuff now. It's not even the same movie when it comes on regular channels.

Both funny funny movies. I've watched the jerk more than a few times.

I know who Will Farrel is but don't know any of the others. Pretty sure I wouldn't find them amusing.

Griffin's problem is she's offensive AND not funny. When you do to other people what she did to Anderson Cooper you should be slapped to your knees. Outrageous and tasteless............which is what she intended apparently. Which makes it even more offensive.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:58 am

Well, we're talking about her.

She wins.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 am

I do.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 am

BigTex wrote:Well, we're talking about her.

She wins.

I was just trying to find something non political to discuss.

If we don't watch any of her shows, don't buy her books or tickets to her shows, she is the loser IMHO.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:48 pm

she's another nobody that people care about because she blew a guy a long time ago and got on tv?
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Return to “Your first forum”