cop pepper sprays motorist , flipped cop the finger

Description of your first forum.
ralph

cop pepper sprays motorist , flipped cop the finger

Postby ralph » Fri May 22, 2015 10:12 am

--- http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b8_1432154207 --- I couldn't make out most of what was being said but video was pretty clear .

GFB

Re: cop pepper sprays motorist , flipped cop the finger

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 10:30 am

I seem to be the only living Conservative Republican that really hates the cops.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 am

Yet another citizen acting like a major jerk. This guy needs a brain transplant.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 am

millergrovesue wrote:Yet another citizen acting like a major jerk. This guy needs a brain transplant.

Could you explain to me why I should be rooting for the cop here?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri May 22, 2015 10:53 am

GFB wrote:I seem to be the only living Conservative Republican that really hates the cops.

Pretty much. The "only living Conservative Republican" thing to be somewhat overstated, but it has made some of us say, hmmmm?

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 am

I don't hate the cops , I just see them overstepping their bounds quite often as in this case. Cops are public employees paid by taxpayers and are not special imo . Flipping the finger though impolite doesn't warrant arrest or pepper spraying imo . Also in the vid flipping the finger is said to be legal I think . I'm no repub but I am a mix of conservative libertarian I guess .

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 11:04 am

ralph wrote:I don't hate the cops , I just see them overstepping their bounds quite often as in this case. Cops are public employees paid by taxpayers and are not special imo . Flipping the finger though impolite doesn't warrant arrest or pepper spraying imo . Also in the vid flipping the finger is said to be legal I think . I'm no repub but I am a mix of conservative libertarian I guess .

To me, if a cop can pepper spray a citizen who is obviously not violent..citizens should be able to do the same to cops.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri May 22, 2015 11:14 am

yep , when 'ALL' people get arrested for flipping off other people then that would be fair . Course I'd never advocate for that solution . My main problem is when cops or other public servants are treated differently or better than taxpayers . Its a common scenario to elevate police over the taxpayer ESPECIALLY since the trade tower attacks and I don't like it !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri May 22, 2015 11:57 am

GFB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:Yet another citizen acting like a major jerk. This guy needs a brain transplant.

Note, I did not say root for the cop. I said the guy was a jerk.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:

Note, I did not say root for the cop. I said the guy was a jerk.

Ok, how about the cop?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri May 22, 2015 12:12 pm

GFB wrote:Ok, how about the cop?

Cop was out of line but the guy went beyond the last mile to provoke him. None of that would have happened had the guy not been a jerk in the first place. He intentionally set out to provoke the cop and wanted the result of his jerky behavior recorded so he could have his 2 minutes of fame. Major Jerk!! Had he flipped off a road rager he probably would have been beaten up or shot. I'd say he got off easy.............though I didn't watch all the way to the end. I have no desire to watch jerks do what they do best.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri May 22, 2015 12:19 pm

My ex-son-law ( still call him my son-in-law and love him) is a cop ..A very good Cop ..
goes out and puts his life in danger everyday to protect us ..shame on you GFB ..

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:My ex-son-law ( still call him my son-in-law and love him) is a cop ..A very good Cop ..
goes out and puts his life in danger everyday to protect us ..shame on you GFB ..

Would your son in law have pulled this guy over for flipping him the bird?

..presumably to provoke his OWN confrontation?

I suspect if your son in law is a good and reasonable police officer, and not looking to bully people..he would have just laughed and shook his head.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri May 22, 2015 12:31 pm

no cops gets into the line of work for the money, that's for sure .. and MOST cops are good people, good cops ..

Nobody goes into law enforcement wanting to be hated," David Cruickshank, a Connecticut police officer and CEO of the Law Enforcement Research Group, told FoxNews.com. "Most get into this line of work for their love of their community.”

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri May 22, 2015 12:33 pm

GFB wrote:
scarlett~nc wrote:My ex-son-law ( still call him my son-in-law and love him) is a cop ..A very good Cop ..

Would your son in law have pulled this guy over for flipping him the bird?

..presumably to provoke his OWN confrontation?

I suspect if your son in law is a good and reasonable police officer, and not looking to bully people..he would have just laughed and shook his head.

all you cop haters should go for a ride with them a couple of nights and see the thugs and lowlifes they deal with every single day, maybe your opinion would change or maybe not. I can't tell you the number of friends I have that hate them because they can't speed, break a "little law" ..pitiful !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri May 22, 2015 12:38 pm

and the road rager would have gone to jail for beating up the finger flipper wouldn't he ?? The guy that flipped off the cop , don't know for sure but he is probably a guy working to illustrate , video tape / prove when cops over step their bounds . Cops are supposed to be responsible and a cut above the general public as far as behavior . As far as cops putting their lives in danger , well cops apply for their jobs , its a good paying , good benefits job plus many WANT the authority over their fellows [edit] and those should be weeded out . There are lots of jobs out there that are more dangerous than police work . I think that it is more dangerous to be a fisherman on the high seas bringing fresh fish to the general public . I think that logging is more dangerous than policing .
Last edited by ralph on Fri May 22, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri May 22, 2015 12:43 pm

police freely fill out the application forms for the jobs , they know the pay and benefits when they apply . As far as pay , they make good / enough money and benefits in my opinion !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri May 22, 2015 12:52 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:David Cruickshank, a Connecticut police officer and CEO of the Law Enforcement Research Group, told FoxNews.com. "Most get into this line of work for their love of their community.”

Sorry, but I think that's a b.s. Statement on his part.

Cops, teachers, government workers of all types do what they do for the money, like the rest of us.

And in their case, it's also for the "I can't be fired..and I'll be able to quit early in life with a cushy pension that the public can only dream about."

And they may not set out to be bullies, but that's what most of them turn into.

Maybe not in the country, but where most people live and work..yes, I think that's the way it is.
Last edited by GFB on Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 pm

And, this is NO where up to date

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri May 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I don't know where you live, but in my city Cops can be fired and are, they are also jailed if they commit a crime ..maybe Dallas and wonderful CA is different .

Return to “Your first forum”