After the Confererate flag, whats next

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

After the Confererate flag, whats next

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:17 am

The fleur de lis, a French symbol used by royal families dating back to the 13th century, and emblazoned on the New Orleans Saints helmet, is now being called a symbol of slavery, drawing comparisons to the recent uproar against the Confederate battle flag.

“As an African I find it painful, and I think people whose ancestors were enslaved here may feel it even harder than I do as an African,” said slave historian Dr. Ibrahima Seck to WWLTV.

He connects the usage of the fleur de lis, to “code noir,” or black code, which was adopted in Louisiana in 1724, and used to govern to state’s slave population.

Seck said a slave caught running away, “would be taken before a court and the sentence would be being branded on one shoulder and with the fleur de lis, and then they would crop their ears.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/10/now-t ... z3faIiSPIA
It's a joke son,I say a joke

ann jusko

Re: After the Confererate flag, whats next

Postby ann jusko » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:19 am

That's horrible!

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:38 am

After the Confederate flag will be the blackballing of Washington, Jefferson and other founding fathers who owned slaves.
That started years ago, but never gained traction. It will now.

I read the other day about a movement to rename Washington DC to M.L. King City or some such nonsense.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 am

all the history being revised , hidden or destroyed , sounds like the 'Islamic state' or 'ussr' type thinking at work in the USA .

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:44 pm

ralph wrote:all the history being revised , hidden or destroyed , sounds like the 'Islamic state' or 'ussr' type thinking at work in the USA .

The sounds a lot like the Texas School Book Committee (or whatever it is called)...very influential and partisan.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Remember when we were told that all of this ugly racism would be in the past once we elected a black president. :roll:
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:56 pm

good point Steve . Only good thing I get out of the first black prezident is the satisfaction of seeing the dummies that supported 'mrobama' get messed up . Their stupidity makes me smile :D !! Course their stupidity is bad for the country !!

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:52 pm

A very liberal black friend of mine said about the banishment of the Confederate flag, it was a good first step.I asked him what is the next step & where does it end? He never answered that.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:00 pm

GRANDPA wrote:A very liberal black friend of mine said about the banishment of the Confederate flag, it was a good first step.I asked him what is the next step & where does it end? He never answered that.
People who believe banning symbols is a meaningful thing are not real bright.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 pm

course it worked in the 'ussr' . Now I guess that the symbols are coming back to the 'ussr' . Christian Churches are also making a come back from what I read .

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Ending Black History Month ?

It's very divisive :-)

I am a never Hillaryite!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:21 pm

The NAACP will find something else to bitch about. You can count on it.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Fueled with their flag victory- they're ready to go after slave owners, Washington and Jefferson. It's been brewing for a long time.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Duck Dynasty

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:09 pm

BigTex wrote:Duck Dynasty

I was going to guess "American Pickers"

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:33 pm

And now they're going after high school mascots. Wife tells me there was a protest at Richland HS because they're the, wait for it, the Rebels. Oh, the horror!
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:43 pm

gotta get that monument in 'seattle' !! --- http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Grou ... c=VAxe9iav ---

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 pm

and , the 'Jefferson Davis' highway . Course they have been dismantling that by removing markers for years . And , as I said a while ago on this board THEY got rid of the 'Confederate Air force' a while ago .

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:26 am

ralph wrote:and , the 'Jefferson Davis' highway . Course they have been dismantling that by removing markers for years . And , as I said a while ago on this board THEY got rid of the 'Confederate Air force' a while ago .

Who EXACTLY is they, Ralph? U have been a long time supporter of the CAF. I usually attend their home airshow in Midland...but now they are moving to Dallas. We liked to get tickets in the Fighter Squadron Chalet. Just a great deal.

Anyway, to my point. In 2001 the MEMEBERSHIP VOTED to change the name. It was generally felt that it no longer was a representative name. In fact, the Confederate Air Force wasn't originally intended to be the permanent name. It just stuck. The change was entirely voluntary and the only pressure was internal. The organization had grown and matured over the years and the feeling was that a new more representative name was needed...one that reflected the organization's true mission and objectives. Do you know what those are, Ralph?

Anyway, that is the long and the short of it. THEY were the members of the organization...not some shadowy progressive cabal seeking to bring down America. Just a great organization that needed a new name. I'm glad I could clear that up for you. Always happy to help.

geeiabil

Postby geeiabil » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:00 am

I believe the Boy Scouts are also heavily into the fleur de lis. The first class scout badge is one and my old scout knife has one on it as well.
Tea + Water = Tea
Tea + Water + Sweetener = Sweet Tea
Any other designation is redUNdant

Return to “Your first forum”