What Is Racism

Description of your first forum.
Castle Doctrine

What Is Racism

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:15 am

In a recent thread, I claimed that a number of the posts were racist and said the posters should just be honest about it...I always am. In response I was told I was using racist and racism all wrong and 90% of people do likewise. So I suggested then we do this...and now I am initiating it.

So, what is racism and what is racist behavior? You tell me. I think we all know what we mean when we use those terms. So, tell me what that is. I'm not interested in textbook definitions (but I bet I see at least one) but your personal understanding of the terms. I'm not interested in political considerations except as they relate to your understanding. I certainly don't want a bunch of PC stuff. Just honest feedback. I won't even comment on the responses unless specifically addressed.

millergrovesue

Re: What Is Racism

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 am

To me racism is treating or talking about a person or a group negatively/derogatorily based on skin color or nationality. Pretty simple.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:10 am

I'd like to see a LEGAL definition of racism first and then would like to see where that Specific type racism is illegal in the USA . Otherwise , looks like another OPINION thread to me .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 am

SO , where is that American legal definition of ebil 'Racism' 'ladies' / gents . Course , its gotta be USA laws legal definition !! I'd like to see it please :D !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:50 am

Uh, this is an opinion thread. Did you read the second paragraph?

Are you feeling especially argumentative today, Ralph? Think about the UP. Perhaps it will cool you off. :)

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:05 pm

oh so just OPINION :D ehh Sue , well I thought so !! Just so everyone knows , racism in the USA has no legal definition as far as I am aware though the younger people in the USA will probably have RACISM laws placed on them sometime in the future .

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Race is not a scienfic concept. It is just a kind of fuzzy social concept that really doesn't have an exact definition.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:51 pm

growing up we had racial types or classifications taught in school through the 60s , early 70s . There was Negroid , Mongoloid , Caucasoid and maybe one or 2 more but I forget . I'm sure that these terms have fallen out of favor due to 'pc' Steve but that's not because its a fuzzy concept of research IMO .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 pm

and Austrauloid [sp] and maybe Pygmy . --- http://www.preservearticles.com/what-is ... races.html --- just what we learned in school .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 pm

and the thing with this racism deal is that as kids we were taught that thoughts or words were not a problem concerning races . Course we were also taught to be polite and to not hurt people feelings by calling them names . We were also taught that name calling can not hurt you or me . We were also taught that beating or violence towards a different type person because they were a different type person was against the law !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:11 pm

ralph wrote:and the thing with this racism deal is that as kids we were taught that thoughts or words were not a problem concerning races . Course we were also taught to be polite and to not hurt people feelings by calling them names . We were also taught that name calling can not hurt you or me . We were also taught that beating or violence towards a different type person because they were a different type person was against the law !!

Fortunately we've learned a lot and have come a long way since you and I went to school. Thoughts and words are a problem and name calling is just plain mean............and it does hurt. There was a lot of denial and insensitivity in the "good ol days". I'm not saying some things haven't gone too far but erring (if that's what one wants to call it) on the side of respect, kindness, and civility is always a good thing.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:18 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
ralph wrote:and the thing with this racism deal is that as kids we were taught that thoughts or words were not a problem concerning races . Course we were also taught to be polite and to not hurt people feelings by calling them names . We were also taught that name calling can not hurt you or me . We were also taught that beating or violence towards a different type person because they were a different type person was against the law !!

Fortunately we've learned a lot and have come a long way since you and I went to school. Thoughts and words are a problem and name calling is just plain mean............and it does hurt. There was a lot of denial and insensitivity in the "good ol days". I'm not saying some things haven't gone too far but erring (if that's what one wants to call it) on the side of respect, kindness, and civility is always a good thing.

as I have stressed , whats illegal . I certainly don't want laws made on what hurts wittle 'feelings' and emotions , makes someone cry Sue !! Libs keep making little girls of themselves , their kids and most importantly their boys that will grow up to be 'wittle' sensitive , submissive girly men Sue . OK with me , boys from macho cultures where they have experienced reality in life will kick the he11 out of these feminized wittle American boys .

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm

ralph wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

as I have stressed , whats illegal . I certainly don't want laws made on what hurts wittle 'feelings' and emotions , makes someone cry Sue !! Libs keep making little girls of themselves , their kids and most importantly their boys that will grow up to be 'wittle' sensitive , submissive girly men Sue . OK with me , boys from macho cultures where they have experienced reality in life will kick the he11 out of these feminized wittle American boys .

Racism is not illegal any more than stupidity is illegal and there is no legal definition of either.
There are racial discrimination laws and hate crime laws, which could snare a person who happened to be a racist.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 pm

yeah , Billb , there are fairly new booby traps out there !!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:In a recent thread, I claimed that a number of the posts were racist and said the posters should just be honest about it...

In 99% of cases, the accusation of "racism" is nothing more than a tactic used by Leftists that can't win arguments on facts and logic.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Racism is whatever we tell you crackers that it is, and you got nothing to say about it so sit your white ass down and STFU.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:54 pm

aw haw , Yep , seems like that . I like the guilty liberal dummies that agree with that line of emotional reasoning B.T. .

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:25 pm

BigTex wrote:Racism is whatever we tell you crackers that it is, and you got nothing to say about it so sit your white ass down and STFU.

Nailed it
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:08 am

Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:In a recent thread, I claimed that a number of the posts were racist and said the posters should just be honest about it...

In 99% of cases, the accusation of "racism" is nothing more than a tactic used by Leftists that can't win arguments on facts and logic.

You still live in Sulphur Springs right, Mark? We have seen more racism in the time we've lived here, northeast Texas, than we ever saw between 1964 and 1986 (when we moved here).

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 am

Nigger, whitey, spic, wetback,guinea, wop, slanteye, slopehead, raghead are examples, imo.

Return to “Your first forum”