It's a joke son,I say a joke

ralph

Re: I hope her resume is current

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:47 pm

she is good !!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 am

WOW! A media person doesn't spin, doesn't obfuscate and tells it straight. Sounds like a younger Judge Jeannine. OK, that's two that tell the truth. I think we need a lot more, don't you?

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:51 am

That gal is only 22 years old. She gives us hope for the future. Some of our young people "get it."

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:30 am

Mark wrote:She gives us hope for the future.

The sensitive, tolerant left will demonize her as a Tea Party nutcase. And as long as Obama is president, she's also a . . . racist.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't think that this particular 22 yo has much of a resume at this point. I wonder how this will look on it...fired for on-air misconduct.

There is no doubt in my mind that if this person had launched a Liberal rant you would all be calling for her termination and/or execution. Instead, she said all the things you like to hear so it is alright that she did this.

In fact, it isn't, regardless of what she said. She was hired as a NEWS READER...not an editorial columnist. She should be fired and blacklisted from the industry. She is no sort of hero...her remarks were naïve and juvenile, clearly intended to be inflammatory and a refutation of her employer's stated editorial position as reflected in the script prepared for her. SHE IS NOT A NEWSWOMAN...she, hopefully was, just a news reader.

And what exactly is wrong with being sensitive and tolerant in the minds of you folks. It seems all the conservatives I know just hate tolerance and sensitivity...until they need it for themselves.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 pm

..because it replaces analytical thought with raw emotion..

..fine for 12 year old girls..not very useful behavior for grown ups.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:08 pm

GFB wrote:..because it replaces analytical thought with raw emotion..

..fine for 12 year old girls..not very useful behavior for grown ups.

No, Gfb, it doesn't replace analytical thought. It should temper the actions that result from analytical thought so that they do not become INHUMAN.

Sensitivity and tolerance are very fine characteristics for human beings (at least civilized human beings)...not very useful for animals or very common among barbarians.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:I don't think that this particular 22 yo has much of a resume at this point. I wonder how this will look on it...fired for on-air misconduct.

There is no doubt in my mind that if this person had launched a Liberal rant you would all be calling for her termination and/or execution. Instead, she said all the things you like to hear so it is alright that she did this.

In fact, it isn't, regardless of what she said. She was hired as a NEWS READER...not an editorial columnist. She should be fired and blacklisted from the industry. She is no sort of hero...her remarks were naïve and juvenile, clearly intended to be inflammatory and a refutation of her employer's stated editorial position as reflected in the script prepared for her. SHE IS NOT A NEWSWOMAN...she, hopefully was, just a news reader.

And what exactly is wrong with being sensitive and tolerant in the minds of you folks. It seems all the conservatives I know just hate tolerance and sensitivity...until they need it for themselves.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong on pretty much every point.

ETA: And I'm willing to bet that you are Olbermann's and Madcow's biggest fans.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 pm

tolerance and sensitivity...

Tell that to the people who's businesses were destroyed in Baltimore where the mayor and police chief were... tolerant and sensitive...

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:48 pm

How tolerant and sensitive you are.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:I don't think that this particular 22 yo has much of a resume at this point. I wonder how this will look on it...fired for on-air misconduct.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong on pretty much every point.

ETA: And I'm willing to bet that you are Olbermann's and Madcow's biggest fans.

I don't think you are correct about that. It is hard to know since you offered NO explanation for your evaluation of my accuracy. If you would like to elaborate on why you think I am wrong about each or any particular point I would be glad to consider your points. Your simple pronunciation is just not meaningful.

My taste in media is not relevant to this discussion. But, I do like Olbermann. So what?

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm

She is not a "news reader." She is the host of an opinion show.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Sangersteve wrote:

How tolerant and sensitive you are.

No, actually I am not. I wish I were more so. I recognize heartlessness is a character flaw. Look how much flak I took for being heartless about donated fetal tissue.

This case really doesn't call for much sensitivity or tolerance. She failed to do her job. However, in reflection, I doubt she is in danger of losing her job or having any trouble finding a new one if she does. She is ratings gold to the FOX demographic.

Anyway, I never argued that tolerance and sensitivity should replace realistic considerations. Simply that they should inform the actions based on those considerations...if appropriate. Sometimes it isn't appropriate as in this case.

She isn't a valiant crusader. If what she had said was Liberal in content you very people would be calling for her head...whether you admit it or not. It isn't a matter of principle but more of the fact she agrees with you.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Mark wrote:She is not a "news reader." She is the host of an opinion show.

Oh, why confuse matters with details. You conservatives never bother with them.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:If what she had said was Liberal in content you very people would be calling for her head...

No, we'd just write her off as an idiot MSNBC host that nobody watches.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Seriously speaking, I certainly am wrong and I apologize.

I was mislead by the headline claiming she was a News Anchor. The rest of the story wasn't clear if you start with that assumption but I should have read it more closely.

I just hate that.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 pm

:D

Allen

Postby Allen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 pm

"Tomi Lahren, the anchor of On Point with Tomi Lahren."

Looks like she did what she was paid to do.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Allen wrote:"Tomi Lahren, the anchor of On Point with Tomi Lahren."

Looks like she did what she was paid to do.

Yeah, the headline mislead me. It made it seem she went off on her own. I screwed up. I know better than to skim Western Journalism. I will be more careful in the future.

So, you tell me, why did the WJ think this was such a big deal when it was just another editorial rant? Nothing epic about it and new is not a NEWS anchor...she is just an entertainer it now appears to me.

Return to “Your first forum”