Wal Mart Lack Of Common Sense

Description of your first forum.
Dancer

Wal Mart Lack Of Common Sense

Postby Dancer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:33 pm

I took Stephen to Wal-Mart in Burleson today for stuff for dinner and Lego Stuff for him. Why do 90% of people check common sense and respect at the door when they go there? We had to literally muscle our way through people on phones standing in the aisle talking about nothing but BS. Leave your phone in the car, go in, shop, and get the hell out of our way. By the way, I turned him loose in his wheelchair on one aisle saying "excuse me". Next time he will be armed with one of those mini air horn things and blast our way through.

BigTex

Re: Wal Mart Lack Of Common Sense

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Same thing happens at Tom Thumb, Kroger, and Albertsons.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:08 pm

I shine up my excuse me when going into a grocery store, when they are blocking the aisles I'll pass by , bang my cart into theirs and exclaim excuse me.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:18 pm

I have a rule. Never, ever shop on weekends.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I read somewhere that we are turning into a nation of cell phone zombies, walking around like the undead with a phone stuck to our head.
I agree.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Sangersteve wrote:I shine up my excuse me when going into a grocery store, when they are blocking the aisles I'll pass by , bang my cart into theirs and exclaim excuse me.
It is more fun with Stephen in his chair. He is good at clearing a path. What bothers me is the lack of common courtesy that runs rampant. This doesn't happen at City Market. It's been a long week, and I need some sleep. Or, I am really an old school shit*head that expects things to be like they used to be. I still like the mini air-horn for Stephen and may well get him one.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:43 pm

I haven't yet found anything that would get me into Wal-Mart, Sam's or Costo on the weekends. I bet I am missing some real interesting viewing by staying out of them though. Does WM actually hire enough checkers to handle the Saturday crowd? One I go to in Lewisville, during the week, may have 3 of 42 checkout registers going. 5 if there are 4+ carts waiting at each register. Surely it has to be better on the weekend.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:48 pm

I go to Walmart on the weekend and I don't notice any excessively long lines. But I use the self-checkout most of the time.

If you want to see a ridiculously long wait, go to my neighborhood Tom Thumb about 6 pm on a weeknight. Or Sprouts on Saturday afternoon (yes, it's the Sprouts that used to be Albertsons).

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:09 pm

I ran into an interesting event yesterday at the Burleson Walmart. When I arrived at the back register to pay for my chicken salad, there was a customer with what appeared to be a new car battery on the counter in front of him. He was having a heated discussion with the cashier. Seems that the day before he had brought in a Walmart battery that had failed while it still had some warranty left. He paid the difference and they gave him a new battery. But when he got home, he discovered that the battery wouldn't start his car. So, that day he had brought back the new battery, which the store confirmed was bad. Then, when he got a second new battery, the cashier wanted to charge him AGAIN for the difference in warranty on the original battery. Last I heard before heading to another cash register was the customer demanding to see the store manager.

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:50 pm

We went to Wallyworld about two hours ago. It was a damn freak show. If this is a cross section of America, we are screwed.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Grassman wrote:We went to Wallyworld about two hours ago. It was a damn freak show. If this is a cross section of America, we are screwed.

You have Walmart confused with the Democrat party.

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:29 pm

BigTex wrote:
Grassman wrote:We went to Wallyworld about two hours ago. It was a damn freak show. If this is a cross section of America, we are screwed.

You have Walmart confused with the Democrat party.

You might be right.

Houston

Postby Houston » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:14 am

think your Wally-World is bad out in Texas
try them around here with wall-to-wall people of color.
not only are they parking carts in aisles, chatting on phones, etc.
trying to get thru by saying "excuse me" is violating their civil rights.

We stay the heck out of Wally & Aldi & Costco on the W.E. Monday AM works great

while they may not be at work usually they are still home sleeping and not impeding shopping .
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:01 am

Houston same same in Urban Texas.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Nailgun aka.Mark

Postby Nailgun aka.Mark » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 am

I will never darken the door at the Wal Mart in Cleburne again. If I think that I need something from Wal Mart ( say something on sale) I'll go to the one off 1187 near Crowley. It's new and still has that "new feel" to it.

WonderMonkey

Postby WonderMonkey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:22 pm

All this happens because others are not allowed to do anything about it. Way back if someone did that on the trail they got their ass handed to them. Now if you do anything than put up with it you have a lawsuit.

Basically you are seeing what society will do if there is no consequences. Willing to be an asswipe and be loud about it? Sorry sir, please accept our apologies!

Dennis

Postby Dennis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 pm

planosteve wrote:I have a rule. Never, ever shop on weekends.

I will but never after 9am.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:35 pm

My husband won't go to Sprouts on Wednesday.....
He rants about the old ladies with carts blocking the aisles and moving like molasses. :D
I keep reminding him that he qualifies for "old person" in the aisle, but he's not accepting it.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Return to “Your first forum”