My prediction on who will be our next President

Description of your first forum.
John in Plano

My prediction on who will be our next President

Postby John in Plano » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 am

A Democrat will be elected if that person has a few years of experience in an elected position of national significance.

A Republican will elected if the Democrats run a person who has years and years of elected experience.

should be fun on election day to see if this prediction is good or bad for the country
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Mark

Re: My prediction on who will be our next President

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:10 pm

My prediction:

If the Republicans nominate a true conservative, then that guy will win.

If the Republicans do not nominate a true conservative, then any Democrat will win.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:21 pm

I will stand pat. Jeb and Hil. But, Hil is starting to look a little woosey.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't think a "true" conservative has a chance. I'd have a very hard time voting for one and I think most of my friends wouldn't even consider one.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:30 pm

millergrovesue wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't think a "true" conservative has a chance. I'd have a very hard time voting for one and I think most of my friends wouldn't even consider one.
Based on my theory that no true conservative would ever support the FED and fiat money, you are right. Ron Paul is the only concervative that has ever run.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:34 pm

millergrovesue wrote:"true" conservative....I'd have a very hard time voting for one...

Obviously.

Back by popular request:

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:34 pm

planosteve wrote:I will stand pat. Jeb and Hil. But, Hil is starting to look a little woosey.

Jeb loses in a landslide to anything the Democrats serve up.

Back by popular request:

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Mark wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:"true" conservative....I'd have a very hard time voting for one...

Obviously.

hey MARK !! :lol:

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:54 pm

This is a very interesting bit of discussion. How do you "true" conservatives explain the recent poll that finds the Republican voters find it TWICE as important as ELECTABLITY that the candidate holds exactly the same beliefs as they do. In other words, ideological purity is far more important than electability.

It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread. Please continue the discussion of how will not be elected in the National election. It is sort of cute...like a team with no hope of ever winning a game talking big about what they are going to do to win. They aren't going to and neither is anyone the Republican Party is able to nominate. Not to say they don't have potential winners...they just can never nominate them.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 pm

The Republicans will be competitive in this Presidential election and the next, and possibly the one after that. Beyond that, immigration-based demographics that are already in place and irreversible will turn the U. S. into a one-party (Democratic) country.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

The intolerance for any opinion other than their lockstep narrow one seems to be a hallmark of many of the men on this board. The derision is exactly as you said CD. That I would be ridiculed and laughed at for simply stating my opinion is a great example of the kind of intolerance that drives people away and loses elections.

And more and more I'm coming to a similar conclusion to yours, CD, that there is far too much vileness and vehemence in the ultra conservative branch of the Republican party. That's not the attitude I want from my president...............hell, or anyone else for that matter.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:This is a very interesting bit of discussion. How do you "true" conservatives explain the recent poll that finds the Republican voters find it TWICE as important as ELECTABLITY that the candidate holds exactly the same beliefs as they do. In other words, ideological purity is far more important than electability.

It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread. Please continue the discussion of how will not be elected in the National election. It is sort of cute...like a team with no hope of ever winning a game talking big about what they are going to do to win. They aren't going to and neither is anyone the Republican Party is able to nominate. Not to say they don't have potential winners...they just can never nominate them.

I always love it when the hard core Lefties try to explain to the conservatives/Republicans what they have to do to win.

Back by popular request:

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:14 pm

millergrovesue wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't think a "true" conservative has a chance. I'd have a very hard time voting for one and I think most of my friends wouldn't even consider one.

It's irrelevant whether you or your Texas friends would vote for one. Any GOP candidate will beat any Democrat in Texas. Your vote won't matter.
Your first sentence is correct, though. A true conservative can't win a national election.

There are two reasons for this, nationally.
1. More that 50% of the voters now take more from the federal government than they pay in. These people will not vote their freebies away.
2. Minority demographics will keep another Republican out of the White House. States where there are heavy concentrations of voting minorities will not vote conservative. This effect grows stronger every year.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm

think that you are correct Kiamichi , that's how I see things . Thanks to 'dead kennedy' and some immigration act , think it was 64 or 65 . Course , lots of blame to both moderate rinos and scheming dems and 'bush' types .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:17 pm

BillB wrote: Your vote won't matter.

Well, thanks for that encouragement. I guess, based on your say so, that I'll just stay home election day. Actually, the same could be said for any single vote.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:28 pm

millergrovesue wrote:

Well, thanks for that encouragement. I guess, based on your say so, that I'll just stay home election day. Actually, the same could be said for any single vote.

Read what I wrote.
Your vote won't matter because you are voting in Texas. Mine won't either.
Texas will vote Republican, regardless how you vote or how I vote.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:This is a very interesting bit of discussion. How do you "true" conservatives explain the recent poll that finds the Republican voters find it TWICE as important as ELECTABLITY that the candidate holds exactly the same beliefs as they do. In other words, ideological purity is far more important than electability.

I always love it when the hard core Lefties try to explain to the conservatives/Republicans what they have to do to win.

I don't think you understood my post. I was not attempting to explain to Conservatives anything...especially how to be competitive in a National election. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was responsible for an outbreak of reasonable thought on the Right.

No, I was just commenting on the thread generally and the intellectual dysfunction on the Right. It was such an excellent example of Conservative Political Correctness I just wanted to point it out. I suppose I was a bit tired of hearing Political Correctness attributed exclusively to the Liberals. Oh yeah, I am not a "hardcore leftie" by any standard. Well, any reasonable standard, anyway.

I understand I am not held in high esteem here so if you need to name call to feel empowered please feel free. But, do try to be creative...hardcore leftie is so tired.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:37 pm

BillB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

Read what I wrote.
Your vote won't matter because you are voting in Texas. Mine won't either.
Texas will vote Republican, regardless how you vote or how I vote.

You make a very valid point. I remember when the same could be said for Democrats in Texas. One of the things I tell people I like about Colorado is the chance to vote in contested elections that aren't REPUBLICAN primaries.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm

In Colorado they have to make 2 trips to the polls to get the same result as we get with 1 in Texas. :D

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
Mark wrote:

I don't think you understood my post. I was not attempting to explain to Conservatives anything...especially how to be competitive in a National election. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was responsible for an outbreak of reasonable thought on the Right.

No, I was just commenting on the thread generally and the intellectual dysfunction on the Right. It was such an excellent example of Conservative Political Correctness I just wanted to point it out. I suppose I was a bit tired of hearing Political Correctness attributed exclusively to the Liberals. Oh yeah, I am not a "hardcore leftie" by any standard. Well, any reasonable standard, anyway.

I understand I am not held in high esteem here so if you need to name call to feel empowered please feel free. But, do try to be creative...hardcore leftie is so tired.

Why don't you want to own it the same way Bernie Sanders does? Are you ashamed to be a hard core lefty?

Back by popular request:

Return to “Your first forum”