Rebuilding the American Military

Description of your first forum.
Castle Doctrine

Rebuilding the American Military

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:27 am

Recently, I was reading a thread here where you people were talking about all the GREAT things Trump would do if elected. One of the things there seemed to be agreement about was that rebuilding our military would be a priority to him. One of the questions I asked at the time was exactly what about the most powerful military on the planet needed to be rebuilt.

I didn't get any answers then. I did get personally attacked and threatened by the courageous RO but no answers. In a way, that was an answer. The point I was driving at is that you people know what you believe but not WHY you believe that (or if it is even a reflection of reality). The responses demonstrated that pretty clearly.

So, let's try again. You people seem to be in complete agreement the military needs to be rebuilt. I challenge any of you to explain what needs rebuilding and why. This isn't a trick or a "gotcha". There are serious problems in our military that need immediate attention. I just want to see if anyone here can identify and explain them. I would also like to know how you think Trump will fix something he knows nothing about.

So, anyone want to give it a shot? Or, will this draw more RO style ad hominem attack. Personally, my money is on the ad hominem but one never really knows around here.

Oh yeah, gays ARE not one of the problems.

millergrovesue

Re: Rebuilding the American Military

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:56 am

I would add nor are women. But then, I don't think our military needs rebuilding either.

I'm not sure, in my fantasy military (which wouldn't exist in my fantasy world because it wouldn't be needed.....but anyhoo......) jobs would be assigned on an individual basis. Generally speaking we all know women lack the strength and speed of men. But there are exceptions to that in both sexes. Guess what I'm trying to say is my fantasy military would consist of people trying out for desired positions. All would have to complete exactly the same trials.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Castle Doctrine

Re: Rebuilding the American Military

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:34 am

millergrovesue wrote:I would add nor are women. But then, I don't think our military needs rebuilding either.

I'm not sure, in my fantasy military (which wouldn't exist in my fantasy world because it wouldn't be needed.....but anyhoo......) jobs would be assigned on an individual basis. Generally speaking we all know women lack the strength and speed of men. But there are exceptions to that in both sexes. Guess what I'm trying to say is my fantasy military would consist of people trying out for desired positions. All would have to complete exactly the same trials.

No, women are not one of the problems. But one area desperate for attention belongs to the USAF. Ask your husband about the W76 problem...or case corrosion or morale among the Missileers. The problems all arise from neglect, abuse, complacency or over-use (at least the ones I am referring to) and arise at both the institutional and political forces at work in the military.

For another area I will pay homage to The Graduate...I just have one word for you, Contractors!

Return to “Your first forum”