The clock heard round the world

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

The clock heard round the world

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 pm

OK I get it, little Ahmed just wanted to show off his electronic building skills. I've heard he was profiled and treated badly, then Obama invites him to the Whitehouse.

Well if I saw anyone dragging this thing around. the first thing I would think is bomb, it doesn't even resemble a clock.

If your going to show off your homemade clock, warn a dude that it might look suspicious.
Attachments
clock.png
clock.png (272.49 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
It's a joke son,I say a joke

ralph

Re: The clock heard round the world

Postby ralph » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 pm

probably did it knowing that it would be create a stir . How old is the tyke ??

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:58 pm

14 year old tyke , he knows the deal , probably having a larf !! --- http://www.wsj.com/articles/muslim-teen ... ss_US_News --- so , not a big deal in my opinion . From what I've seen it looks nothing like a clock . Course , from what I've seen it doesn't look like a bomb . --- to me !!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Any of you old white Christians try getting something similar past TSA; and let us know how it works out for you :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:26 pm

The FBI probably would have just detonated it, out of caution.

Can't wait for CD to tell us we're racists.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 pm

I've seen this kid talking about it. My opinion is that he is a nerdy little kid who took spare parts and put together something he thought was cool. If the kid's name wasn't "Mohamad", there might have been a slightly different outcome. He says that his engineering teacher saw it and told him not to show it to his other teachers, but it is an alarm clock, and the alarm went off during class.

I don't see anything that looks like a bomb. It looks more like a home version of one of those electronics kits that kids got when we were younger.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:22 pm

It looks a hell of a lot like a timer for a bomb.

I think the Poleece overreacted, severely.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:31 pm

On second thought, after reading details from other than the DNC Media, and how quickly Obama exploited the situation, it could certainly be a 'setup'.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 pm

I saw a police spokesman who said the kid was not cooperative with them in explaining what the device was. I would like to see it demonstrated that it actually functions as a clock. I suspect the whole thing was a setup.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 am

After looking at the "device" again, I have changed my mind. It appears that the clock runs off of AC power, which means the kid would have had to plug the thing in. If it had been battery-powered, it could have gone off innocently. Instead, he must have intentionally plugged it in during class, despite his assertion that his engineering teaching had told him not to show it to other teachers. I still think he's just a nerdy kid, but I think he thought it would be funny. It isn't.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 am

Kiamichi wrote:I saw a police spokesman who said the kid was not cooperative with them in explaining what the device was. I would like to see it demonstrated that it actually functions as a clock. I suspect the whole thing was a setup.

I have watched a more complete video of the kid telling the story. Interestingly, he mentions that he used a certain type of box so that it didn't "look suspicious", which tips off that he knew that there was a potential for concern. Also, the flat affect of his demeanor, combined with his looking down to the right repeatedly, indicate to me that he is lying. He's a nerdy kid who thought it would be funny when people thought it looked somewhat like a bomb, and then he would say, "Oh, no, look, it's just a clock".

But the President has already jumped in and declared him a hero.
Worst. *******. President. Ever.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am

I Guess that the kid Knew what he was doing . Kids old enough to be aware of the news that happens everyday . Kid was just messing around , probably hoping that what happened happened . [imo]

kent

Postby kent » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:57 pm

I rarely post any more, sorry.

Anyway, my daughter worked in Irving for a year doing her Student Teaching. One day they went to Irvin Mac, that day there was a bomb threat. That was 4-5 years ago. The letter sent out that the media is overreacting about is the exact same letter sent out to every student in IISD after the bomb threat. It was a reminder of their Student Code of Conduct.

The kid knew what he was doing, and it's working.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:05 pm

So what is the material difference between a home made clock and a home made IED timer device ?

This whole thing sounds fishy to me.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Kiamichi wrote:I saw a police spokesman who said the kid was not cooperative with them in explaining what the device was. I would like to see it demonstrated that it actually functions as a clock. I suspect the whole thing was a setup.

I believe this is the statement you are referring to:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-ninth-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece
The claim was that he wasn't being "forthcoming" with additional information regarding the device. Watch the whole thing. Talk about CYA. And the tone remains suggesting that the young man was really guilty but just too smart for them. That is the same crap being posited here. He told them what it was. How much more forthcoming can you be. Notice when the cop admits it was a clock he says "apparently" suggesting that he doesn't think it is true...no where does he say "apparently" about any of the unfounded statements he makes.

The truth is that this was strictly Islamophobic ignorance at work. The cops say you can see it looks suspicious. How can a bunch of people who don't know what a bomb looks like make these decisions. Bomb infra-structure? I think the pros prefer the trusty cellphone. Better get all those confiscated. These people never for a moment thought this was a bomb. The school was neither evacuated (SOP for bomb threats most places) nor locked-down the school. The people called were regular cops, not the bomb squad...no EOD types were ever summoned. Consider, if the teacher really thought it was a bomb why on Earth did she just take it away from him? Wouldn't it not have been more appropriate for her to evacuate the classroom while she threw herself on the device to protect her students. No, she took it and thought about it a while. Show me something that suggests ANYONE acted like this was a bomb.

I also noted that the police and school interrogated him without his parents or representation. He says he wanted to call his parents but wasn't allowed to. That fits with my experience with Texas schools. When the school manuals started saying they would make my kids available to POLICE for questioning without my permission or even notification I devised a policy for my kids. They were told NEVER to consent to an interview without their parents or our attorney present. Each got several copies of our attorney's card. They were instructed exactly what to say...Give their name and demand to speak with or have us or representation present. They were specifically told to assert 5th Amendment rights in response to any questions until their parents instructions were complied with...the law works both ways and wrong is still wrong even when it is published in the School Code of Conduct.

This kid did nothing wrong. There is no rule against bringing clocks (or any other benign device, home-made or otherwise). The City itself is wildly Islamophobic. What can be expected of the School and LEOs but such behavior. Unable to admit they screwed up they have tried to leave the impression that an intent existed that is clearly not in evidence...and they expect to get away with it (and will with idiots like the ones attacking him in this thread) because you just can't trust or believe those stinking, filthy Muslims.

I can deal with the ignorance in this thread...it is the petty viciousness, the mean spirited "speculation" and the fact that you people seem to believe he deserved the way he was treated that really repulses me. When did THIS level of mindless hate become the standard for Conservatives? How can it be a standard for any DECENT human being?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:59 pm

F$@$ off !

I am a never Hillaryite!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Red Oak wrote:F$@$ off !

Why should I, Delta Foxtrot? The truth bothers you so damn much your abuse is affirmative. It really annoys to the be challenged effectively, doesn't it? What a lightweight.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:34 pm

The Kids father is reportedly an Islamic Activist, definitely a setup to get sympathy from dumb suckers.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:43 pm

that's what I figured from the start . 14 year old kid of that particular persuasion knows whats going on in the world and the USA . Heck , I was reading newspapers at 8 years old , this kid in probably all over the internet looking at current events . Plus what he hears at his barracks the mosque .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:05 pm

My BIL (an engineer's engineer) posted on FB - Irving, TX, ISD is obviously a bunch of paranoid fools... They make me ashamed of being a Texan... Building a digital clock is often one of the first projects in building electronic or computer hardware books...

First response - The saddest part is that it was his teacher that reported it. No common sense investigation attempted or allowed. Just the whole country scrutinized according to the lowest common denominator.

Never having been an engineer I can't speak to the first part (though I do know my beloved spouse was building engineer-y things when he was a mere tyke also). The second comment I agree with completely.

Time will tell but I do believe this is a case of paranoia run rampant.

And don't we love the erudite responses to CD's input? :roll: Nothing better than an intelligent discussion.........and this was nothing like an intelligent discussion.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”