Most stolen SUVs in the US

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Most stolen SUVs in the US

Postby LibraryLady » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Ford Escape (1,421 thefts), Ford Edge (1,140) and Ford Explorer (958). Gee, we're not sure if U.S. car thieves are all head over heels for modern Blue Oval models, but that's saying something, alright. On the 4th position, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has been reported stolen 958 times between 2010 and 2013, while the Kia Sorento lands a respectable 5th with 725 thefts.

The Chevrolet Traverse (720 thefts), Nissan Rogue (695), Honda CR-V (688), Toyota RAV-4 (665) and Chevrolet Equinox (648) round up the NCIB's top 10 list regarding the most stolen sport utility and crossover vehicles in the United States of America

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/these-are-america-s-most-stolen-suvs-82650.html

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Bob Of Burleson

Re: Most stolen SUVs in the US

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Speaking of the Blue Oval, a year or so ago I complained on DD about the Blue Oval on my pickup discoloring. It was blotchy with irregular faded spots. Well, eventually the whole nameplate faded to a uniform light blue. Looks fine now.

:D

geeiabil

Postby geeiabil » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Crooks have problems with GM ignitions as well. :roll:
Tea + Water = Tea
Tea + Water + Sweetener = Sweet Tea
Any other designation is redUNdant

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 am

I passed a Dallas Police Unit putting car VIN numbers on the windows for free a while back in a local shopping center. While they were detailing my car, I learne two things from the Officer I chatted with. The main thing car thieves are after isnt necessarily the car, but its doors. They can be removed easily and hidden anywhere and are a very HOT item . Secndly, some insurance companies give a discount to owners who have had their VIN number etched on all the windows. This has been a PSA from me. :)

Return to “Your first forum”