What's your favorite candy?

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

What's your favorite candy?

Postby crocmommy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 am

I have a bag of Brookside Dark chocolate pomegranite flavor candy that I tried because it's on sale. It's edible but not going to be a favorite of mine. Really enjoyed the Ghiradelli cranberry dark chocolate that I tried recently, but not this.

Which got me to thinking....what is your favorite? Some of mine are:

Dark chocolate...preferably the darker the better. And normally don't care for the fruity flavors
Nestle's crunch
Reese cups
Andes mints
Kit Kats

Red Oak

Re: What's your favorite candy?

Postby Red Oak » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:19 am

I don't enjoy things that are too sweet.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of my favorites; I miss eating those.

There was some Chocolate Candy that I bought in Mehico, dark chocolate with Tequila in the center, very good :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:31 am

Butterfingers or hard cinnamon. Probably the cinnamon.

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 am

Heath Bar

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 am

I love those Brookside candies!!! But I think my favorite would be Lamme's Chocolate Turtles or a boxed chocolate candy assortment. Haven't had either of them in many years.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Brach's Chocolate Stars, hand's down. Nestle's Milk Chocolate Bar (red wrapper) is a close second. 5th Avenue gets an honorable mention for being a superior version of the Butterfinger (never chewy inside...ever).

Anyone here like to eat the Baker's German Sweet Chocolate (meant for baking) as a candy bar? Been doing that for years.

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Mint patties, red hots and lemon drops.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:55 pm

millergrovesue wrote:I love those Brookside candies!!! But I think my favorite would be Lamme's Chocolate Turtles or a boxed chocolate candy assortment. Haven't had either of them in many years.

OMG! Lamme's candies were a treat as a child. Love the cherry sours.

My Dad loves the Pangburn Millionaires; a chocolate caramel turtle, we always get him a couple of boxes for Christmas. His father loved chocolate covered cherries...

And my evil younger brother has a Christmas tradition where you don't get a Christmas present from him unless he sees you eat a Circus Peanut. And he generally gives out really good presents, too. I hate Circus Peanuts with a purple passion. YUK!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:20 pm

bodine wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:I love those Brookside candies!!! But I think my favorite would be Lamme's Chocolate Turtles or a boxed chocolate candy assortment. Haven't had either of them in many years.

My Dad loves the Pangburn Millionaires; a chocolate caramel turtle, we always get him a couple of boxes for Christmas. His father loved chocolate covered cherries...

And my evil younger brother has a Christmas tradition where you don't get a Christmas present from him unless he sees you eat a Circus Peanut. And he generally gives out really good presents, too. I hate Circus Peanuts with a purple passion. YUK!

Circus peanuts...NASTY!!! Does he like them? I used to know someone who did. Might be even more fun to start a NASTY candy thread. I can think of a few right off.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:00 pm

I don't really like candy. I love sweets (unfortunately) but I like crispy cookies and pie. I wish you would have heard my granddaughters when they were eating those Hersey nuggets with nuts. They offered me one and I said "Too much chocolate!" They answered in unison "There's no such thing as too much chocolate!" Uh, yes there is.

What are circus peanuts?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:44 pm

ann jusko wrote:I don't really like candy. I love sweets (unfortunately) but I like crispy cookies and pie. I wish you would have heard my granddaughters when they were eating those Hersey nuggets with nuts. They offered me one and I said "Too much chocolate!" They answered in unison "There's no such thing as too much chocolate!" Uh, yes there is.

What are circus peanuts?

http://www.spanglercandy.com/our-brands/circus-peanuts

According to this link, they are a banana flavored marshmallow treat. No wonder why I detest them....can't stand that artificial banana flavor. I like Peeps, but not the same by a long shot.

And I agree with your granddaughters on the chocolate.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:Brach's Chocolate Stars, hand's down. Nestle's Milk Chocolate Bar (red wrapper) is a close second. 5th Avenue gets an honorable mention for being a superior version of the Butterfinger (never chewy inside...ever).

Anyone here like to eat the Baker's German Sweet Chocolate (meant for baking) as a candy bar? Been doing that for years.

Love Baker's German Sweet Chocolate.............and it's so big!

Also love love love Lamme's chewy pralines!!! Not good for dental work but so yummy. Don't like those nasty sugary hard pralines thought.

I've seen those Circus Peanuts but would never consider actually eating one. Bleeeeech.

My brother doesn't like chocolate covered cherries so we always arrange for him to get 4 or 5 boxes at Christmas.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm

My daughter does not like most sweets. She won't touch chocolate. Doesn't eat candy, cookies or pie; will eat plain white cake w/o frosting; or rice krispy treats (I just sent her 3 pans to Cullowhee, she shares them with her teammates). She will eat vanilla ice cream, too.

Son loves pecan pie, milk duds, tootsie rolls and gummy bears. He likes rice krispy treats as well, but he doesn't share...

Have I mentioned that I hate circus peanuts???

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:38 pm

I was always partial to Candy Barr.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Barr
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Smart Alec.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:21 am

I remember her!

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Snickers with Almond, Peanut M and MS And Baby Ruth Bars.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm with ya, 'cept for the M&Ms. I never have cared for them. Too much candy shell and too little chocolate, nuts, etc. AND the dang things may not melt in your hand but they sure do bleed color on your hand. I'll take melting on my hand any day. More chocolate to lick. :D

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Snickers, Butterfinger or Reeses

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 am

tx3653 Have you tried the butterfinger peanut butter cups? A friend lives in Commerce and he told me on facebook that he couldn't find them anywhere. Could I look in Rockwall for him? Yes, I did find them and sent him some. I got my husband a package (there are two in a package). Hubs decided to stay with Reeces peanut butter cups. I had a bite of his and it was okay. I knew I shouldn't have sent those to my friend since he's diabetic. But he did have a "come to Jesus" meeting with his doctor. He's in his 40's and just wasn't taking it seriously. He is now and I'm pretty sure he took it easy on the candy, spreading it out over a week.

Return to “Your first forum”