What global warming is all about

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

What global warming is all about

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:28 am

$$$$$

The plan by climate alarmists to have other scientists imprisoned for their ‘global warming’ skepticism is backfiring horribly, and the chief alarmist is now facing a House investigation into what has been called “the largest science scandal in US history.”
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX)

Chairman of the House Committee on Space, Science and Technology, has written to Professor Jagadish Shukla of George Mason University, in Virginia, requesting that he release all relevant documents pertaining to his activities as head of a non-profit organization called the Institute of Global Environment And Society.

Smith has two main areas of concern.

First, the apparent engagement by the institute in “partisan political activity” – which, as a non-profit, it is forbidden by law from doing.

Second, what precisely has the IGES institute done with the $63 million in taxpayer grants which it has received since 2001 and which appears to have resulted in remarkably little published research?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/02/climate-alarmist-caught-largest-science-scandal-u-s-history/
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Mark

Re: What global warming is all about

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 am

Once again, global warming is a political position, not a legitimate scientific conclusion.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am

'Global Warming' may well not be a 'legitimate' scientific conclusion,' but it IS a
legitimate area for scientific inquiry.

Mark wrote:Once again, global warming is a political position, not a legitimate scientific conclusion.
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:10 am

mayhem wrote:'Global Warming' may well not be a 'legitimate' scientific conclusion,' but it IS a

I can agree with that. And I think it is important for us to seek ways to keep our planet cleaner.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 am

millergrovesue wrote:
mayhem wrote:'Global Warming' may well not be a 'legitimate' scientific conclusion,' but it IS a

I can agree with that. And I think it is important for us to seek ways to keep our planet cleaner.

Well, I would say it is about keeping our planet habitable, myself. I don't treat my home the way we treat the planet we live on. And, for strictly partisan political reasons, the Right will not even treat the issue as a serious area for research. If you look at the Site Owner's post, you will see it is just whining about money and partisan political bitching.

Mark talks about his concerns for his children...so does Ralph. Neither seem to mind leaving them an uninhabitable wasteland...just about America becoming a Third World Hellhole. I mean seriously! Again, the Right is prepared to sacrifice us all in the name of their fabricated reality show. And you know about reality shows...they aren't real. Frankly, I wish climate change was the worst we faced. We have stepped up the abuse of the environment a lot in our question for fossil fuels. Fracking all by itself could do in a few decades what climate change will take a century or more to do...2 earthquakes a day in Oklahoma? And what we are doing to the seas. Unspeakably irresponsible!

I wish we could put down the political BS and focus on this as a separate problem free of politics. Mark and Ralph are not the only ones that are concerned about the future for their children and grand-children, you know. I have the same concerns myself. I can live with religious tolerance, equality, a fair playing field and a lot of their other concerns...but, it seems like it is alright with the Right if the planet is uninhabitable as long as their sacred 2nd Amendment rights are protected, no Mexicans are featured and their social agenda is implemented. Seems like there might be a reality break involved in that.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:36 am

So what is the "ideal" climate for the Earth ?

The climate of 200 years ago ?
2000 years ago ?

200000 years ago ?

200000000 years ago ?

Or some other time period ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:39 am

I'll clarify my position a little further...

The global warming political movement is merely a vehicle to spread communism across the globe.

And once again, all Leftists are stupid and/or evil.

Back by popular request:

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:15 am

Red Oak wrote:So what is the "ideal" climate for the Earth ?

2000 years ago ?

200000 years ago ?

200000000 years ago ?

Ice ages will come and go..some will last millions of years.

Periods of extreme drought will come and go..some will last millions of years.

The earth will do what it will do..there is nothing we can do to stop it..or enhance it.

The earth doesn't know or care that we are even here.

We don't matter that much.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:50 am

GFB wrote:
Red Oak wrote:So what is the "ideal" climate for the Earth ?

2000 years ago ?

200000 years ago ?

200000000 years ago ?

Ice ages will come and go..some will last millions of years.

Periods of extreme drought will come and go..some will last millions of years.

The earth will do what it will do..there is nothing we can do to stop it..or enhance it.

The earth doesn't know or care that we are even here.

We don't matter that much.

Yep. Anybody that believes man can do anything to change the weather, one way or the other, is incredibly arrogant and incredibly stupid.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 am

These are the same people who told us we had to save the trees by switching from paper shopping bags to plastic.

Because they knew what was best for us.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:20 pm

For me it's not just about climate. It's about not changing our world into a trashy concrete hell hole just because we can. Yes the extreme left is unrealistic but so is the extreme right. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't choose to live in a trash can.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Sue, when it was just about that..keeping the place clean..everyone was for it.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:00 pm

GFB wrote:Sue, when it was just about that..keeping the place clean..everyone was for it.

Apparently not. Look at the trash everywhere and the gross deforestation, slaughter of animals for no good reason, slaughter of our fellow humans for no good reason, pollution, selfish consumption, etc. etc. etc.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:10 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:Sue, when it was just about that..keeping the place clean..everyone was for it.

Apparently not. Look at the trash everywhere and the gross deforestation, slaughter of animals for no good reason, slaughter of our fellow humans for no good reason, pollution, selfish consumption, etc. etc. etc.

Well yes..but I was speaking of simply the progression from "don't littler/ let's keep the lakes and ponds clean".. to.."the earth is in great danger because of humans and we must stop everything we're doing."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:19 am

millergrovesue wrote:For me it's not just about climate. It's about not changing our world into a trashy concrete hell hole just because we can. Yes the extreme left is unrealistic but so is the extreme right. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't choose to live in a trash can.
The trashiest, dirtiest country is Communist China. Part of that is because a lot of the manufacturing of goods for the US is done there now. Also, poor third world countries are very dirty.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:09 pm

planosteve wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:For me it's not just about climate. It's about not changing our world into a trashy concrete hell hole just because we can. Yes the extreme left is unrealistic but so is the extreme right. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't choose to live in a trash can.
The trashiest, dirtiest country is Communist China. Part of that is because a lot of the manufacturing of goods for the US is done there now. Also, poor third world countries are very dirty.

The dirtiest place in history was Communist East Germany, and it had nothing to do with manufacturing goods for other countries.

If the manufacturing was in the USA instead of China, it would be done with much less pollution.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:29 am

The dirtiest place in history was Communist East Germany, and it had nothing to do with manufacturing goods for other countries.

I didn't notice East Berlin was any dirtier than West Berlin. The main difference was there was very little merchandise in the stores to buy. Especially food stores. Also, there were bombed out buildings still standing decades after the end of WWII.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 am

planosteve wrote:

I didn't notice East Berlin was any dirtier than West Berlin. The main difference was there was very little merchandise in the stores to buy. Especially food stores. Also, there were bombed out buildings still standing decades after the end of WWII.

http://articles.philly.com/1990-04-01/n ... st-germany

Return to “Your first forum”