NATIONAL ENQUIRER rips Ben Carson

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: NATIONAL ENQUIRER rips Ben Carson

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 am

BillB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:If the National Enquirer ripped me I'd wear it as a badge of honor. It's a gossip rag for goodness sakes. I also wonder how much money they were paid to write and run the article.

As I said- ask John Edwards about the National Enquirer. They ripped him. Ask him if he wears it as a badge of honor. You can ask Jesse Jackson the same thing.
The question isn't who paid them, we should be asking if it is true.

The Democrats in the Media (basically, all of the media) were covering up for Edwards. If they had any negative information on Carson, they would have already destroyed him.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:42 am

BillB wrote:
BigTex wrote:[b]Carson's career as a neurosurgeon does not in itself qualify him to be president. Likewise, a malpractice suit does not in itself disqualify him.[/b]

It does in the minds of a lot of people.
If Carson was a short order cook at McDonald's, he'd be polling less than 1%.
The people that make up his high numbers believe his being a neurosurgeon qualifies him. He has nothing else that even remotely qualifies him.

If he's a quack, it needs to be brought out.

The Constitution says he is qualified. Whether he would be good at the job is what everyone decides for themselves.

So we can set the baseline, how many malpractice cases make him a quack?

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:13 am

BigTex wrote:
BillB wrote:
BigTex wrote:[b]Carson's career as a neurosurgeon does not in itself qualify him to be president. Likewise, a malpractice suit does not in itself disqualify him.[/b]

It does in the minds of a lot of people.
If Carson was a short order cook at McDonald's, he'd be polling less than 1%.
The people that make up his high numbers believe his being a neurosurgeon qualifies him. He has nothing else that even remotely qualifies him.

If he's a quack, it needs to be brought out.

The Constitution says he is qualified. Whether he would be good at the job is what everyone decides for themselves.

So we can set the baseline, how many malpractice cases make him a quack?

Maybe one. It depends on the nature of what he did.
One of the claims is that he sewed up a sponge in a child's brain.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:34 am

planosteve wrote:Regardless of his compentency, the problem I have with him is someone who wants to jump from one profession into something completely different. And wants to START at the very top. The only other doctor I can think of that ever ran for president was Ron Paul. But, Paul put in over 20 years in the congress before he ran.

We have a pretty good record of profession jumping presidents.
Washington, Jackson and Eisenhower were all Generals who jumped to president.
All three are considered great or near great.
U.S. Grant did the same but is at the bottom of the presidential list.
Three out of four isn't bad.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:47 am

BillB wrote:

By that standard, Michael DeBakey, Denton Cooley, and several doctors at the hospital where I work are quacks.

As for it depending on "the nature" - if we all agreed on what's "trying to save the patient's life" and what's "killing the patient" we wouldn't need lawyers.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 am

Sounds like some of the Enquirer's sources are violating their own confidentiality agreements.

http://radio.foxnews.com/2015/10/07/dr- ... stitution/

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:44 am

BigTex wrote:
BillB wrote:

By that standard, Michael DeBakey, Denton Cooley, and several doctors at the hospital where I work are quacks.

As for it depending on "the nature" - if we all agreed on what's "trying to save the patient's life" and what's "killing the patient" we wouldn't need lawyers.

Since DeBakey is dead and someone working at your hospital claims to be him, you might be onto something.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:52 am

BillB wrote:
Since DeBakey is dead and someone working at your hospital claims to be him, you might be onto something.

I am aware that DeBakey is dead. Other than that I have no idea what you are telling me.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

How's the sponge in the brain working out?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:06 am

Carson says the sponge was put there for therapeutic reasons. Some times the therapy doesn't work.

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 am

In terms of qualified to serve as President of the USA:

Neurosurgeon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>community organizer

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 am

bodine wrote:In terms of qualified to serve as President of the USA:

Neurosurgeon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>community organizer

I'd add another couple of, to me, great qualifications ---- NOT a lawyer or career politician.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:43 pm

millergrovesue wrote:

I'd add another couple of, to me, great qualifications ---- NOT a lawyer or career politician.

AMEN!!!!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Especially a lawyer who claims to be an expert on constitutional law and refers to himself as a warrior.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

millergrovesue wrote:

Charles Manson fills that bill. Have you ever considered him as presidential material?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:52 pm

grouchy wrote:Especially a lawyer who claims to be an expert on constitutional law and refers to himself as a warrior.

You mean the one that clerked for a Chief Justice, argued numerous cases before the USC, and served as Solicitor General of Texas ? That one ? :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:59 pm

BillB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

Charles Manson fills that bill. Have you ever considered him as presidential material?

Well, aside from being certifiably insane, a murderer, and otherwise committed (to life in prison) he might be a consideration.:?
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Kind of interesting to see how many times the words "alleged" and "claimed" are used in the Enquirer story. Those are words you use when you can't state something as a fact.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:59 pm

That may be the best thing for reuniting our country, Red Oak. Not every black man is egomaniac and it might be just what the doctor ordered....a black man who believes the family is of upmost importance for rearing children. He doesn't believe in a lot of welfare, etc. I will not set my hair on fire IF he becomes the nominee. I'll simply vote for him. If it's Trump the chump, I just might.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:49 am

BTW, most neurosurgeons don't close....they have residents to do that. Nurses and OR techs keep count of the sponges used AND the sponge count at closing. Just so you know.... John Hopkins is a teaching hospital. Depending on the year of residency, the residents are given responsibility for certain aspects. How else would they get experience (and you really, really want that) and learn? While Dr. Carson technically was the surgeon in charge, he probably didn't do the sponge count. Well, actually, I'm sure he didn't. If, as BT said, it was theraputic, that's a whole different ball game.

Return to “Your first forum”