NATIONAL ENQUIRER rips Ben Carson

Description of your first forum.
BillB

NATIONAL ENQUIRER rips Ben Carson

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:15 pm

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has published an article claiming that Ben Carson was an incompetent butcher as a surgeon.
It details several malpractice cases brought against him and interviews several of his victims.
I thought we may have been hasty declaring him as a brilliant neurosurgeon without knowing whether he is or not.

BTW- As for the ENQUIRER'S credibility, ask John Edwards and Jesse Jackson if NE prints the truth, that the mainstream media doesn't want to print.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... ents-brain

millergrovesue

Re: NATIONAL ENQUIRER rips Ben Carson

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:50 pm

If the National Enquirer ripped me I'd wear it as a badge of honor. It's a gossip rag for goodness sakes. I also wonder how much money they were paid to write and run the article.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:54 pm

millergrovesue wrote:If the National Enquirer ripped me I'd wear it as a badge of honor. It's a gossip rag for goodness sakes. I also wonder how much money they were paid to write and run the article.

As I said- ask John Edwards about the National Enquirer. They ripped him. Ask him if he wears it as a badge of honor. You can ask Jesse Jackson the same thing.
The question isn't who paid them, we should be asking if it is true.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:08 pm

When you're waiting in line at the grocery store..please don't stop to read.

Thank you.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:17 pm

So who is behind this hatchet job ?

Trump ?

Fiorino ?

Jebito ?

Rubio ?

Rove ?

Hiltlary ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Red Oak wrote:So who is behind this hatchet job ?

Trump ?

Fiorino ?

Jebito ?

Rubio ?

Rove ?

Hiltlary ?

That was the first thing I wondered too. Or perhaps the DNC.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:29 pm

BillB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:If the National Enquirer ripped me I'd wear it as a badge of honor. It's a gossip rag for goodness sakes. I also wonder how much money they were paid to write and run the article.

As I said- ask John Edwards about the National Enquirer. They ripped him. Ask him if he wears it as a badge of honor. You can ask Jesse Jackson the same thing.
The question isn't who paid them, we should be asking if it is true.

I just read an article that mentioned 7 stories the Enquirer has gotten right............that's 7 stories in how many years? Then you have:
They haven't all been winners, though. Here are some stories The Enquirer got wrong:

- Carol Burnett was not drunk in public with Henry Kissinger in 1976, and she won a $1.6 million judgment against the paper.

- The male family members of kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart were in fact not part of a gay sex ring.

- Cameron Diaz was not caught cheating on Justin Timberlake in 2005.

- Representative Gary Condit's wife did not attack missing intern Chandra Levy before Levy's 2001 disappearance.

- Similarly, in 2004, Condit himself settled a $209 million libel suit against American Media,The Enquirer's publisher, for an undisclosed amount.

- Clint Eastwood won $150,000 from The Enquirer in 1997 when the paper referred to a syndicated interview with the actor as "an exclusive."

- Actress Brooke Shields reached a settlement with The Enquirer after a reporter and a photographer from the paper checked her mother, who suffers from dementia, out of a New Jersey nursing home to gather information for a story.

Would be interesting to know what their percentage of right on versus bulldoodoo is.

Jami

Postby Jami » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 pm

If this was true, I think it would have come out a long time ago and not by the National Enquirer.

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Jami wrote:If this was true, I think it would have come out a long time ago and not by the National Enquirer.

The same thing could have been said about the Enquirer exposing John Edwards.
People in Edwards' campaign were telling the story. Every media outlet other than the NE ignored it.
They kept ignoring it until Edwards had to admit it.

The same thing happened with the story of Jesse Jackson's pregnant mistress.

I happen to believe this Carson story. I've posted before that Carson strikes me as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Any experienced Surgeon, will have numerous complaints against him, some even valid.

I think Dr. Carson is a nice man, and likable; but not much of a leader.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Jami

Postby Jami » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm

It's a lot easier for anyone to research malpractice suits, which I'm sure someone has done by now. Not so easy to research affairs.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 pm

..and I'm pretty sure we don't need a surgeon anyhow.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:51 pm

BillB wrote:The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has published an article claiming that Ben Carson was an incompetent butcher as a surgeon.
It details several malpractice cases brought against him and interviews several of his victims.
I thought we may have been hasty declaring him as a brilliant neurosurgeon without knowing whether he is or not.

BTW- As for the ENQUIRER'S credibility, ask John Edwards and Jesse Jackson if NE prints the truth, that the mainstream media doesn't want to print.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... ents-brain

We might want to investigate some other accounts of Carson's career before judging his reputation as a neurosurgeon. Maybe the NE got their information in a fax from a Kinko's in Abilene. A lot of information on him was out there the day/week/month/year before he announced his candidacy.
Did the NE article mention how many lives he saved or made more livable?

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:34 pm

We just got in from Las Vegas and Lou Dobbs is commenting on this. Wow, he's pretty forceful about the hit on Dr. Carson. This man is trying very hard to reunite the country. Neurosurgery is a very tough specialty. I have faith in John Hopkins' ability to spot a very good neurosurgeon. We lived in the D,C, area and I know it's one of the premier hospital complexes from patient care to research. Neuosurgery is a very tough specialty and they do the most critical medicine. I wouldn't doubt there were law suits. Why don't you do some research on how many were dismissed or won? But again, they take the hardest patients.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I don't mind if he's a B flat surgeon..I just hope he can be a great President, if he gets he chance.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Regardless of his compentency, the problem I have with him is someone who wants to jump from one profession into something completely different. And wants to START at the very top. The only other doctor I can think of that ever ran for president was Ron Paul. But, Paul put in over 20 years in the congress before he ran.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Carson's career as a neurosurgeon does not in itself qualify him to be president. Likewise, a malpractice suit does not in itself disqualify him.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm

planosteve wrote:Regardless of his compentency, the problem I have with him is someone who wants to jump from one profession into something completely different. And wants to START at the very top. The only other doctor I can think of that ever ran for president was Ron Paul. But, Paul put in over 20 years in the congress before he ran.

That's what people like about hm..and Trump..and Fiorina.

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 pm

BigTex wrote:[b]Carson's career as a neurosurgeon does not in itself qualify him to be president. Likewise, a malpractice suit does not in itself disqualify him.[/b]

It does in the minds of a lot of people.
If Carson was a short order cook at McDonald's, he'd be polling less than 1%.
The people that make up his high numbers believe his being a neurosurgeon qualifies him. He has nothing else that even remotely qualifies him.

If he's a quack, it needs to be brought out.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:49 pm

BillB wrote:
BigTex wrote:[b]Carson's career as a neurosurgeon does not in itself qualify him to be president. Likewise, a malpractice suit does not in itself disqualify him.[/b]

It does in the minds of a lot of people.
If Carson was a short order cook at McDonald's, he'd be polling less than 1%.
The people that make up his high numbers believe his being a neurosurgeon qualifies him. He has nothing else that even remotely qualifies him.

If he's a quack, it needs to be brought out.

Face facts, he is Black, if he were another race no one here would know his name.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”