Millions of radios across the country were turned off..

Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

Re: Millions of radios across the country were turned off..

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:09 pm

I don't believe there is "one" Conservative Leader; Right-wingers are generally self-reliant and not easily led; that is why they do so poorly in Political Fights.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:30 pm

I know millions who did turn on that show if they knew it was Mark Styne hosting. I do every single time he's on, if my hubs calls and tells me. But he's not my conservative guru. I just love Styne because when my head is about to explode, he'll say something so witty or funny, the stroke is avoided. Rush has acted like a 7th grader at times. He completely screwed up when he started on the gal in law school who said she couldn't afford birth control. He was really STUPID! Don't get into technicalities if you can't even give the proper names for female organs. It was like a middle school kid! It was disgusting. There were so many much better ways to handle the situation. I gave up on him right then.

I have more than one conservative person that I will listen to and consider their views seriously. Our former congressional rep, another rep in a neighboring district, Henserling, two dear friends who are judges and Ted Cruz.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Sorry Red Oak, I was writing as you posted and didn't see your post. But I think bottom line, we agree there is no ONE person we rely on. Or even two or three. I listen but make up my own mind.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Name calling is called for when simply trying to explain or make a simple statement of one's opinion becomes a reason to demean or belittle someone.

In this case..me believing Rush is the leading voice of Conservatism in the land demands that he intimate that I have no opinions of my own..or can't think for myself.

Yes..that's a full fledged dipshit.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Red Oak wrote:I don't believe there is "one" Conservative Leader; Right-wingers are generally self-reliant and not easily led; that is why they do so poorly in Political Fights.

Rush is not a leader..he's just our greatest thinker.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 pm

GFB wrote:Name calling is called for when simply trying to explain or make a simple statement of one's opinion becomes a reason to demean or belittle someone.

In this case..me believing Rush is the leading voice of Conservatism in the land demands that he intimate that I have no opinions of my own..or can't think for myself.

I used to enjoy your posts and enjoyed conversing with you.
You've worked your way into my Castle Doctrine file.
You need a rest. I hope you get better.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm

GFB wrote:
Red Oak wrote:I don't believe there is "one" Conservative Leader; Right-wingers are generally self-reliant and not easily led; that is why they do so poorly in Political Fights.

That's what William F. Buckley said, in his waning years.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm

GFB wrote:

Really?

GFB wrote:Steyn is an entertainer..like Rush was years ago.

Rush is the leader of the Conservative movement..has been for years.

Like I said- You need to get away from here and take a rest.
That's my last post to you or about you.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:56 am

I was one of Limbaugh' s biggest fans for a long. When he started continuously using names like feminazis,etc it bothered me. When he started the "Talent on loan from Gawdahhhh " thing I totally quit listening.

I am also totally surprised at Greg resorting to name calling.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 am

grouchy wrote:I was one of Limbaugh' s biggest fans for a long. When he started continuously using names like feminazis,etc it bothered me. When he started the "Talent on loan from Gawdahhhh " thing I totally quit listening.

I'm with you here Grouchy. The size of Limbaugh's head is only surpassed by Trump's and neither is extra sized because of the brains contained therein.

As I've said before name calling is never justified nor does it ever make improve any situation.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:29 am

grouchy wrote:I was one of Limbaugh' s biggest fans for a long. When he started continuously using names like feminazis,etc it bothered me. When he started the "Talent on loan from Gawdahhhh " thing I totally quit listening.

I'm not a bible trumper by any means, my language at times will attest, but ain't a one of us that grows a plant, tends a critter, fixes a car, or any other vocation that just is good at it, some something made us good at it, and it wasn't ole mrs such and such in the first grade that had us writing our letters perfectly.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:46 am

Cowman52 wrote:

I'm not a bible trumper by any means, my language at times will attest, but ain't a one of us that grows a plant, tends a critter, fixes a car, or any other vocation that just is good at it, some something made us good at it, and it wasn't ole mrs such and such in the first grade that had us writing our letters perfectly.

Agreed. For you, thank him for his gifts. You do used the word "Gawadduhh" the acknowledge his help.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:01 am

RUSH is cool , he is the topic of conversation by libs , progressives all over the USA every single day !! :lol:

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 am

BillB wrote:
GFB wrote:Name calling is called for when simply trying to explain or make a simple statement of one's opinion becomes a reason to demean or belittle someone.

I used to enjoy your posts and enjoyed conversing with you.
You've worked your way into my Castle Doctrine file.
You need a rest. I hope you get better.

I never enjoyed your's.

This was a simple thread about the fact that Rush was out sick yesterday.

Some people here reacted that they disagreed with me..and they even liked Mark Steyn better.

That's fine.

You reacted differently..and made it about me personally.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:50 am

Regardless of the gravitas he gives himself, when partisans up to and including the President of the United States take time to single out Rush Limbaugh for criticism, they are saying that he matters.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:01 am

grouchy wrote:
Cowman52 wrote:

Agreed. For you, thank him for his gifts. You do used the word "Gawadduhh" the acknowledge his help.

Auto correct bit me again. Clarification to what I was trying to say. The generic you is,what I was meaning to put forth.
I also am not a thumped, still believe but refuse to participate in organized religion. The shirt-sleeved Christians turned me off.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:04 am

will they be off today ?
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:28 am

For me personally, forever.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 am

grouchy wrote:For me personally, forever.

Same here.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:06 am

BigTex wrote:Regardless of the gravitas he gives himself, when partisans up to and including the President of the United States take time to single out Rush Limbaugh for criticism, they are saying that he matters.

And besides that, just listen to the praise his subs offer him..and also his peers..Hannity, Medved and the rest..all of whom have him to thank for launching their careers.

Return to “Your first forum”