Texas judge shot last night in Austin

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Texas judge shot last night in Austin

Postby ralph » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:05 pm

ann jusko

Re: Texas judge shot last night in Austin

Postby ann jusko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:48 am

I haven't heard....did they catch the shooter?

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 am

Not a word. Police haven't released anything since Friday night.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:22 am

John, are you old and have you lived in Austin a long time? I ask because I wonder if the judge is related to Willie Kocaruk. He had stores that sold appliances, tires, etc. He advertised like crazy on t.v. and radio in the 60s and 70s. His mottos, about their payment plan were "Where there's a Willie there's a way." and "You don't need money, just a little bit a month".

http://www.austinschools.org/campus/koc ... urine.html
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/states ... =122129445
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:41 am

Not sure of her relation to Willie Kocaruk, but she is part of that family. I first moved here in 1980. Left during the 90s but came back. I met Willie on several occasions so I am very familiar of who he was. Good man.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:02 pm

If I read Willie's obituary correctly she is his granddaughter-in-law. Wouldn't it be great if this turned out to be a blood feud with Oscar Snowden's family?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:08 pm

BigTex wrote:If I read Willie's obituary correctly she is his granddaughter-in-law. Wouldn't it be great if this turned out to be a blood feud with Oscar Snowden's family?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sis says she is Willie's daughter but she could be mistaken. I didn't remember her name nor did I see a picture of her so have no clue how old she is.

Just looked at her picture. I think she's too young to be one of Willie's kids. Wikipedia says she's 51 years old and was born in Dayton Texas.

They refer to Tarrytown as a "very exclusive neighborhood". That's where my Mom, sis, and BIL live. Mom's lived there 67 years. Believe me there is nothing "exclusive" about our home. There are still a few - very few - modest homes in Tarrytown.
Last edited by millergrovesue on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 pm

This article has a picture. http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crim ... ven/npJx2/ Very short story so it shouldn't be behind a paywall.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:11 pm

I think when they say Tarrytown is an "exclusive" neighborhood that's code for "not exactly what you would call mixed."

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

BigTex wrote:I think when they say Tarrytown is an "exclusive" neighborhood that's code for "not exactly what you would call mixed."

It's also code for "ruined by invading Californians".

BTW the whole family got a big laugh out of your one liner. Too good not to share. I had forgotten about the Big O until you brought him up. Are you from Austin, Tex?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:43 pm

UT 68-72 then lived there 75-78.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:45 pm

BigTex wrote:UT 68-72 then lived there 75-78.

Ah, that 'splains it. :) You were there during some great years.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:55 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
BigTex wrote:I think when they say Tarrytown is an "exclusive" neighborhood that's code for "not exactly what you would call mixed."

Attachments
Screen-shot-2013-05-12-at-8_56_54-AM.png
Screen-shot-2013-05-12-at-8_56_54-AM.png (611.81 KiB) Viewed 1156 times

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 am

Yeah, them. :D

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 am

millergrovesue wrote:

BTW the whole family got a big laugh out of your one liner. Too good not to share. I had forgotten about the Big O until you brought him up. Are you from Austin, Tex?

So a few Cailfornians and y'all move up in the world?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 am

I certainly wouldn't call it moving up. I'd call it ruining historic neighborhoods in a concerted effort to prove you have more money than your neighbors by building insanely expensive, huge, and ugly houses that don't fit with the original houses in the neighborhood.

BTW, the judge must be in one of the less "exclusive" homes in Tarrytown. Her home is valued at a mere $833,000 in a neighborhood with a preponderance of million and a half and up houses.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:11 am

millergrovesue wrote:I certainly wouldn't call it moving up. I'd call it ruining historic neighborhoods in a concerted effort to prove you have more money than your neighbors by building insanely expensive, huge, and ugly houses that don't fit with the original houses in the neighborhood.

BTW, the judge must be in one of the less "exclusive" homes in Tarrytown. Her home is valued at a mere $833,000 in a neighborhood with a preponderance of million and a half and up houses.

We love it when people tear down older houses here to build bigger, newer homes.

It does wonders for ALL of our property values.

I'm guessing "historic neighborhoods" means..neighborhoods that desperately need some upgrading.

Because if they were actually "historic" in a sense of having some historical significance, left leaning people like those in Austin..and we have many in Burbank, as well..can't wait to make it so no one can ever change or upgrade them.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 am

GFB wrote:We love it when people tear down older houses here to build bigger, newer homes.

I'm guessing "historic neighborhoods" means..neighborhoods that desperately need some upgrading.

Because if they were actually "historic" in a sense of having some historical significance, left leaning people like those in Austin..and we have many in Burbank, as well..can't wait to make it so no one can ever change or upgrade them.

I've mentioned before that my Mother lives on $1000 a month and has lived in this house for 67 years. Because of the greedy ostentatious a&%$es she even can't afford to pay her own taxes. Moving is impossible because she would completely lose her independence and therefore her quality of life. The city doesn't give a damn about people in my mother's situation................which is one of the major reasons Austin isn't the city of my youth. The compassion and concern for others seems to have been usurped by an attitude how much can I take and how much can I get. AND THAT, in my opinion, is the primary contributor to the downfall of our country, not all the political crap.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:26 am

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:We love it when people tear down older houses here to build bigger, newer homes.

I've mentioned before that my Mother lives on $1000 a month and has lived in this house for 67 years. Because of the greedy ostentatious a&%$es she even can't afford to pay her own taxes. Moving is impossible because she would completely lose her independence and therefore her quality of life. The city doesn't give a damn about people in my mother's situation................which is one of the major reasons Austin isn't the city of my youth. The compassion and concern for others seems to have been usurped by an attitude how much can I take and how much can I get. AND THAT, in my opinion, is the primary contributor to the downfall of our country, not all the political crap.

People like your mother are EXACTLY the reason California voted in Prop 13.

Before that, people sold their homes and went to apartments. The same thing happened to my mother in New England 35 years ago.

People always look out for their own best interest first..and they should.

Compassion is secondary and should be.

If your mother cannot afford her property taxes..that's an easy one..time to sell the house.

My mother had the same tax problem. It was worse though. The town I grew up in did not allow apartments or renters of any kind. She had to move to a completely different town.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 am

Your comments prove that your attitude about others, and the responsibility God gave us toward them, is diametrically opposed to mine. Though I believe you are absolutely wrong I recognize that you have a right to your opinion.

Return to “Your first forum”