Mascara race at TMS.

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

Mascara race at TMS.

Postby grouchy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I just turned the TV on for the first time today. There are lots of empty seats. Maybe people are finally getting tired of that silliness. It gives me hope for our future.

grouchy

Re: Mascara race at TMS.

Postby grouchy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Crap!
NASCAR Race.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think most mascara have legs or wheels so was wondering how they could race.

I think all that started Thurs. or Fri. The WBAP guys were out there Fri. Maybe everyone is headed home at this point. To me racing is only entertaining if you are driving. Otherwise it's just a lot of stink and noise.

BTW I consider your Kindle high entertainment, Grouchy! Thanks for the laughs.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:47 am

I'm a fan of NASCAR, not as much as I have been in the past, but if it doesn't affect you, why would you object to it? You're not even close to the traffic jams, you don't hear the noise. One of our "other" sons is a chemist and worked for NASCAR teams. My husband didn't pay any attention to it TILL he realized the science involved. He also became a fan and we went to many races with "garage passes". I couldn't help loving the Labonti brothers. In off season, I asked many of the drivers to visit the wounded at Brook and they did, bringing them many mementos. The Fox broadcasting team hosted them at the Texas race. What chapped me was it was supposed to be "first ones to sign up to go" would be included. That's not how it turned out. My husband and I spent a lot of time explaining to them. I made a trip to Brook and found out a lot of real NASCAR fans were not included. That's when I knew, I needed to get the drivers to Brook. But I'm still upset about guys that never followed NASCAR could not appreciate being in the Hollywood Hotel. Our "other" son accepted another job and we gradually stopped going to the races. I will always love Jeff Hammond for making sure their trip to Texas Motor Speedway was a success. He called me a lot in the planning stages. "How many golf carts will we need?" etc. AND he was the best smelling guy who ever hugged me! When I was hospitalized for so long, he kept up (by Phil "the other son") and when Phil said I was conscious again, he called me at the hospital.

You have no idea of the kindness of those teams and the Fox broadcasting team. The wounded were THEIR heroes!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Ann, I am impressed by the work done by the mechanics. They should get the credit, not the drivers. In my opinion.
Has the popularity dropped?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:12 pm

NASCAR hasn't been racing since the Late 70s, IMO.

It is the WWF version of Stock Car ( :roll: ) Racing.

Now in the 40s,50s,60s,and 70s it was great !

I am a never Hillaryite!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:56 pm

These were drivers in the 2003-2006's It was fairly easy for the Labonte brothers to go to Brook because they spent lots of off time in Corpus Christi.

How many other athletes or celebraties honored the wounded at that time? I could probably count on one hand. BUt Texas celebs like Pat Green, did a lot of visiting. I remember Pat Green because he didn't just visit, but one terribly burned Marine's desire was to learn how to play a guitar. Pat Green bought him one and also paid for lessons for him. Unfortunately, I picked up a Readers' Digest 3 years later and that Marine committed suicide. My heart broke for his mother. She and I got in a bit of trouble by the head burn doctor. Mary of Puddin Hill had donated two huge baskets of homemade candy. She and I went around dropping a piece of candy in the mouth of those who had lost their hands. But he relented almost immediately and said "Do it! They need every calorie they can get BUT just a bit of candy because it might make them sick." We were very careful.

I didn't give a damn about the politics of NASCAR, I saw some great human beings who had a lot of patriotism. I look at it with a different eye.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Ann, thank you for sharing your insight.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:50 pm

So does this mean the mascara races were all a figment of Grouchy's imagination???????

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Nope.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Watching NASCAR on TV bores me to tears. I have no desire to see it in person either.

Ann, I think everyone is entitled to their opinion on NASCAR and mascara! Feel free to share your experience, but I still have no desire to become a fan.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:51 pm

crocmommy wrote: I think everyone is entitled to their opinion on NASCAR and mascara!

:lol: Personally I'm pro mascara racing. Not nearly as smelly or noisy as NASCAR..............though the mascara does smear up the track pretty badly.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Red Oak wrote:NASCAR hasn't been racing since the Late 70s, IMO.

It is the WWF version of Stock Car ( :roll: ) Racing.

Then maybe he means Mascaras?
Attachments
milmascaras0001.jpg
milmascaras0001.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 371 times

Return to “Your first forum”